Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#126 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:49 AM
Did you really have to wake up a 4 year old thread to mock ts4? I should think you find mocking threads several times on each page of this forum.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:22 PM
It was...definitely unnecessary but I'd be lying if I said their post didnt put me In a mood to play TS3 xD

The Receptacle still lives!
dodgy builder
#128 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It was...definitely unnecessary but I'd be lying if I said their post didnt put me In a mood to play TS3 xD

I played a bit in ts3 to test a world the other day, and missed greatly the social part of ts4. My characters in ts3 went along doing things much more than in ts4, but I had problem building a "relation" with them. They were just little bricks in my game. How do they interact with each other around a table for instance. Do they get to know each other while eating dinner, watching TV etc?
Mad Poster
#129 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:30 PM
They don’t even sit at the same table while dating, however much of what TS4 lacks, TS3 makes up for.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#130 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I played a bit in ts3 to test a world the other day, and missed greatly the social part of ts4. My characters in ts3 went along doing things much more than in ts4, but I had problem building a "relation" with them. They were just little bricks in my game. How do they interact with each other around a table for instance. Do they get to know each other while eating dinner, watching TV etc?

Yeah there are definitely things that TS4 does better. Socializations, toddlers, vampires, and especially fashion. But it still feels like for every one thing TS4 has over TS3, I can name two things that TS3 has on TS4. TS4 is definitely making some strides. But it's still missing a lot of what I enjoyed in previous games.

Mad Poster
#131 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:03 PM
*Reads the title of this thread*

*Thinks of a punchline*

Size doesn't mat-- no wait, it actually does... well for simmers at least.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#132 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
So they can charge you more money
Mad Poster
#133 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
So they can charge you more money

Pretty much. Nobody wanted their bum ass store worlds because the community was able to do better. So now they arent giving us a choice. You want more worlds? You gotta buy a pack

Mad Poster
#134 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:31 AM
I am not going to go back and read a thread that had died years ago, but I am pretty darn sure the size/limitations are due to the game engine and switch from original plan to be an online game.
Forum Resident
#135 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:49 PM
I actually don't like how connected the worlds are, especially given the disparate climates (e.g., Windenburg being so close to Oasis Springs). It ruins immersion for me and can be difficult especially for story telling.
Mad Poster
#136 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 4:08 PM
It is pretty odd when you see the same sims in all the worlds. Sims travel the pond for dinner! LOL Or New Orleans to Sedona, or whatever! Crazy! LOL Guess they are all jet setters.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 4:54 PM
TS4 could benefit If they implemented a control over city/town to a better extent than the game had. Would be a new addition to the franchise, just like the toggle to allow townies trip-jump from one world to another being one of them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I actually don't like how connected the worlds are, especially given the disparate climates (e.g., Windenburg being so close to Oasis Springs). It ruins immersion for me and can be difficult especially for story telling.

I wish it actually took some time to travel between lots and worlds (i.e. it shows in the neighborhood screen how long it'll take to travel to a lot).

The second problem is that the loading screens and discontinuities between lots just makes everything worse- like moving from a park to a cafe and seeing that park instantly depopulated.
Scholar
#139 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 10:14 AM
I am torn on the towns/worlds/whatever you want to call them.
On the one hand, I like that the world is smaller and more easily to see in one piece. What I don't like is how they only have one or two empty lots to offer a new household to move in, if you don't want to move into an EA-made Home (or keep being told "You can't afford this Lot")

I wouldn't mind the loading screens... if it didn't seem to take at least 3 minutes (I timed it) for my sims to travel. Not just from house to park and back, but also to GTW locations. I do like that you can tell any Sim still at another location what to focus on (keeping happy; skilling up; etc), it's a nice thing. I cannot recall if this was in Sims 2... And I think it should not take a loading screen to move to the lot right NEXT to your sim's house. If you're gonna cut the world into various neighborhood sections, at least make it so you don't get loading screens all the time there. I sometimes dread having my sims go anywhere because I don't want to sit through a damn loading screen again.

My only hope is, when it comes to Sims 5, they will take aspects from Sims 3 and Sims 4 and mesh them into something good.
I don't mind color options, as long as there's a decent number of choices and they aren't eye-searingly bad.
I'd like an open world, but wouldn't mind if it's cut down, like I mentioned above. I did something like this for Sims 3 a lot; made one long and/or big lot, and then placed at least two rabbitholes on it. Like a 'shopping street' of bookstore, spa, and grocery store in a row; get all your shopping done without leaving the lot, and having to worry about the game telling you your Sim can't leave the lot to move that one space to the next lot because your toddler cannot be left alone. Or 'catching' a townie Sim you want to chat to.
Scholar
#140 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:26 PM
If these are the only neighborhoods we’re going to get, I wish we could duplicate them when we ran low on real estate. Just have Newcrest 2 – exact copy of newcrest made so you can have more houses.
Page 6 of 6