Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#151 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 2:15 AM
Just started playing with your mod and is is better then your last one

I do have a suggestion, could you add a command that allows you to change the height of all sim by gender and/or age. So if I wanted all my teen boys to be taller then my teen girls I could globally set them to different heights rather then manually setting each sims height.

Check out my Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Just started playing with your mod and is is better then your last one

I do have a suggestion, could you add a command that allows you to change the height of all sim by gender and/or age. So if I wanted all my teen boys to be taller then my teen girls I could globally set them to different heights rather then manually setting each sims height.

This would be interesting. Every girl taller than the boys or every boy taller than the girls would be awesome.
Inventor
#153 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 3:57 AM
I also had the thought of maybe you could separate gradual growth and randomized height into separate packages and for randomized heights maybe add in commands so sims of certain ages/genders can be given a random height ranging from one set value to another. Like adult males range from (-50)-(50) and adult females range from (-75)-(25).

I know I may be asking a lot but if you could add these in that would be amazing :lovestruc:

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#154 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 7th Apr 2016 at 7:33 PM.
I'd just be interested to hear if the creator is still working on this or planning on any more updates. Things seems to have gone a little too quiet here.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#155 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Things seems to have gone a little too quite here.

A little to quite what? A little too quite, so a lot? Quite a little, so not a lot? Your comment is quiet confusing.

Runs away

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#156 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 9:44 AM Last edited by mc32bk : 8th Apr 2016 at 10:10 AM.
I have a question for the creator, @simmythesim.
I'm testing your mod and my doubt is, if I play with my family of two young adult sims, can their height change day by day or it can changes only one time (when I put the mod)?
I'm playing with aging disabled! Thanks in advance

I've some screenshots of the first height change...

Test Subject
#157 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 11:14 PM
I've been using the latest version of this mod for a few weeks, with aging off, on a 64 bits system, with all the add-ons and few mods aside from cas, buy and build items. I changed the height on most of the sims of all ages in all chock-full neighborhoods on the first day, and noticed a single glitch in all that time (for one sim the height change didn't "stick" the first time I set it).

I used the neck slider a lot too, but I didn't test the bulge slider, and the hands slider doesn't work for me either. I rotate a lot between households, didn't notice any issue when going back to any of them.

Some sims require adjusting the body thickness and head size for better proportions, and the limbs are maybe a bit longish on teens shrunk down to -100 (but that's probably nitpicking since it's often the case with pre-teens in real life).

Also, most of the animations still work surprisingly well aside from kissing, even interactions between sims resized to both extremes.

So all in all, this perfectly suits my needs. I didn't dare expect too much, but I'm amazed at how much this improves the feel of the game - to the point that I'm not sure I could play without it anymore. Congratulations and many thanks to the creator !
I'm really hoping this is not discontinued and doesn't break with an update...
Inventor
#158 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 5:38 AM
One thing I have noticed is that when a sim interact with babies the as well size up and down with the sim. I had a sim at 100 height and the baby became huge but once they put the baby back in the bassinet the baby was normal size.

Check out my Simblr
Inventor
#159 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:07 AM
After testing your sliders out I decided that I didn't want the bulge slider in game anymore so I took it out well once back in my sims kept jumping from the normal standing position to the no rigging positions, kinda like they were doing jumping jacks. Now I did add in other mods but I know removing the bulge slider was the issue since in the LastException file is repeats this line several times

File "C:\Users\MattyD\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTSsimmythesim1604189StableFourNewSlidersforTheSims4v0041\AddSimSlider.ts4script\AddSimSlider.py", line 146, in log_outfit_change bulge_stat_commodity = sim_info.get_statistic(bulge_stat_file) File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1196, in get_statistic AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_statistic' </desyncdata></report>

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#160 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 6:06 AM
I keep just getting "Unable to execute command" when I try add_slider height 50. I tried different values and nothing is working still Do i need TC on? I wanna play with this mod, but I've tried reading thru these comments, and simmy mostly asked if they had scripts enabled, which I do. Please, help!
Inventor
#161 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 2:25 AM
Me again

Something interesting I just found out is that sliders don't stick on age up and potentially age down. This may cause problems for when you YA sim ages to adult and all of a sudden shrinks/grows but for teen sims this is handy since you can set your teen sims shorter and upon age up they'll be regular size like as if they actually grew.

Check out my Simblr
Scholar
#162 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 4:35 AM Last edited by Morphar : 13th Apr 2016 at 5:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Me again

Something interesting I just found out is that sliders don't stick on age up and potentially age down. This may cause problems for when you YA sim ages to adult and all of a sudden shrinks/grows but for teen sims this is handy since you can set your teen sims shorter and upon age up they'll be regular size like as if they actually grew.

Good, I thought I was the only one that have noticed it. Strange thing is that the old mod works better for genetics but the animation is not so good as this.
Hope simmy will have a look at it again.

More people noticed the aging problem?

Parents height +100 and after aging up of parents and children all is height 0
Screenshots
Instructor
#163 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Good, I thought I was the only one that have noticed it. Strange thing is that the old mod works better for genetics but the animation is not so good as this.
Hope simmy will have a look at it again.

More people noticed the aging problem?

Parents height +100 and after aging up of parents and children all is height 0

The start and end point in growth on different age stage is different.
It's connected to the death track, or in other words the life bar.
When a sim ages up that track is reset and to this mod that means it sets sim's height to the starting value for that life stage witch is not the same far all ages.
That's why teen are so short and you can't make a young adult as short as a teen.
The maximum is the same far all teen and up.
Scholar
#164 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 9:17 AM
Here are pictures from the old mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

It shows that height survives ageing and height is inherited.
That is not the case with this mod.

Note that I play with only:
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package
Slider Scripts.ts4script
Screenshots
Test Subject
#165 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 4:42 PM
I cannot get this to work. Ive tried doing it in live mode and in CAS, but nothing works?
Scholar
#166 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _thequeenlanika_
I cannot get this to work. Ive tried doing it in live mode and in CAS, but nothing works?

You don't need to go to CAS. Just type the command in the cheat console
Quote:
Enter add_slider <command> <number>

Example:
add_slider height 100 and your active sim vill be max height. That's all.
Scholar
#167 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 8:19 AM
Maybe the auther of this genealic mod could comment on the comments.
The growth features would be fine too but to me the animations and genetics is prio 1.
Any hope?
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?

Hi Simmy, I know it's been a while since you asked this, and you also haven't been on for a while, but I'd still like to answer this for when you get back.

If you want to split it, would you consider separating the gradual growth from the main height slider/random NPC heights? I love the idea of the last two, but if I set one kid to be taller than another (but younger) I don't know how that will adjust with the gradual growth running in the background. I'd rather they each stay where I set them. Does that make sense?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#169 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pentabet
Hi Simmy, I know it's been a while since you asked this, and you also haven't been on for a while, but I'd still like to answer this for when you get back.

If you want to split it, would you consider separating the gradual growth from the main height slider/random NPC heights? I love the idea of the last two, but if I set one kid to be taller than another (but younger) I don't know how that will adjust with the gradual growth running in the background. I'd rather they each stay where I set them. Does that make sense?

Sorry for not being able to update you guys. Real life was busy for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm sad to say this, but I've stopped working on the mod.
Scholar
#170 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Sorry for not being able to update you guys. Real life was busy for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm sad to say this, but I've stopped working on the mod.

Awww, that's a shame ... I've been checking this thread every day hoping for an update - maybe a foot slider code, or even an extension to the codes you already have (rather than 100 height, maybe 150 or even 200 - in case I want a few Giants running around, lol)

Oh well, sorry to hear you're not working on this anymore - would you be willing to tell us how you created this or if there any tutorials, in case someone else might want to pick it up?

Looking forward to whatever other mods you decide to release in the future

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#171 Old 1st May 2016 at 6:47 PM
I just found this site.. can anyone tell me if you need both downloads because they seem to be the same, if not how do you know which ones to dl?
Mad Poster
#172 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:29 PM
You only need to download one of the downloads that are available. They are two different versions of the same thing. One is newer than the other and has been updated slightly. Try both if you like. Only one at a time though. Some people prefer the older version and some prefer the newer. They also don't work for all people it would seem but this mod has now been discontinued by its creator

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#173 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:36 PM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 2nd May 2016 at 2:33 PM.
Tried the height sliders. Worked perfectly and I am running the 64bit version.
Test Subject
#174 Old 9th May 2016 at 6:06 AM Last edited by Ladyofthewheels : 9th May 2016 at 7:21 AM.
please leave the growth separate for the main mod I want and love shorter teens but the growth would ruin play value
Scholar
#175 Old 17th May 2016 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyofthewheels
please leave the growth separate for the main mod I want and love shorter teens but the growth would ruin play value

FYI:
Quote:

It would be nice if someone could update the old mod with the animation from this one. Growing is not that important.
Page 7 of 44