Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super duper hug bug detected here, but not in-game?
I created a CAS room with necessary mods to prevent freezing sims and strays showing up.
I tried to upload the file package here, but the site detected the Super duper hug bug. I'm pretty confused since i-installed the game and was building houses and lots more than anything.
I checked one family to see if any strange behavior and everything seems fine.
What I need to do from here?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:46 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 2 - Super Duper Hug Bug
    This is a bug that affects some game installations after using, and removing, specific mods. To remove the infection, and to keep it from returning, you want to use, and keep in your game, Super Duper Hug Test by Chris Hatch.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  • Sims 2 - Super Duper Hug Bug
    This is a bug that affects some game installations after using, and removing, specific mods. To remove the infection, and to keep it from returning, you want to use, and keep in your game, Super Duper Hug Test by Chris Hatch.

Thank you!
I'm afraid this bug has spread to a neighborhood I haven't played yet. How can I use this mod on an empty lot to clear an entire neighborhood (if it's possible)?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 6:38 PM
I think that you'll have to do it lot by lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I think that you'll have to do it lot by lot.

Is it a specific object? I can't find anything in the catalog in build and buy, and there is no message.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by |usagi
Is it a specific object? I can't find anything in the catalog in build and buy, and there is no message.

It is not a download-per se-it is a program.

It runs in the background and the only time you'll even know it's working is when you load a lot and it says, "This lot has the SHB" and it will automatically clean the lot without you doing another thing.

It works effortlessly and the lot is clean-no need to worry about it infecting other lots.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 7:27 PM

Some info about it:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The super hug thing is an item like furniture etc. that has to be purchased or created in some other way before it'll exist, that does however mean that once it does exist on a lot it won't self delete. It's invisible and usually off-world so you can't see or delete it. It is a Maxis thing not cc so it is not in your download folder, you can't just clean out your downloads to be rid of it, nor can it be transferred with your cc. If someone has a mod that uses the super hug's GUID (0x6DB7E00F) as a fallback GUID then any lot they share will cause it to exist even though they never, ever had the bug themselves. They have no way of knowing they may cause it, it's not really their fault.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....534#post5153534

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The super duper hug does not spread from one lot to another. You only get it on new lots if you uninstall certain mods. As long as you're not uninstalling any mods while you build your lot, it won't have the super duper hug anyway, but yes, Chris Hatch's mod will automatically remove it if it exists whenever you enter build mode on the lot. If nothing pops up, it means the lot doesn't have it.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....477#post5919477
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 6:47 AM
That mod is just a mod like any other mod and not a program that runs in the background. All you have to do for it to work is just to load the lot in build mode and then save it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 10:39 PM

I's a global mod not an object. When you load a lot with it present you will get a pop up showing the Grim reaper. This mod then removes it, you don't have to do a thing apart from save the lot. It does not do another pop up saying it has been removed (which I know would be nice) But it will have dwelt with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I's a global mod not an object. When you load a lot with it present you will get a pop up showing the Grim reaper. This mod then removes it, you don't have to do a thing apart from save the lot. It does not do another pop up saying it has been removed (which I know would be nice) But it will have dwelt with it.

The mod is in the folder and assuming active in the game, but I haven't seen any message yet and the website still detects the hug bug in the lot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 7:29 PM
The mod is in the folder and assuming active in the game, but I haven't seen any message yet and the website still detects the hug bug in the lot.

Just to check, did you load the CAS room in build/buy mode with the SDH tester in-game?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 10:20 PM

Oh I wonder. Another person who uploads many lots here had the site saying this, we figured it was false that something else was tripping it not the super hug. You might want to use Discord and contact creator issues.
Before doing that I would try the globe on it. https://simfileshare.net/folder/22477/
Costs $400 Click/wave on the lot, save and go to hood. Reload and move an item and save.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 12:08 AM

Did you load the lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 12:15 PM
@simsample @joandsarah77 @kestrellyn

I used the Lot Cleaner and Super Duper Hug Test. I loaded the lot, clicked on the Lot Cleaner object, saved the lot, and then checked it again. However, I didn't receive any message indicating a problem.

I also checked other neighborhoods with both empty houses and ones with Sims, and everything seemed to be working fine. The Sims aren't hugging, and there's no error message in those neighborhoods either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:05 PM
@|usagi Could you perhaps zip up the lot and attach it here so that we can test it out?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@|usagi Could you perhaps zip up the lot and attach it here so that we can test it out?

Yes, here is the link: https://filebin.net/c964ds6fn3erbf2w
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:52 PM Last edited by simsample : 30th Apr 2024 at 3:17 PM.
It's infected:

What you need to do is:
Drag your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder to the desktop. Run the game to create a fresh, empty set of folders. Then, exit the game and put a copy your custom CAS into the LotCatalog folder. Put a copy of Chris Hatch's SDH test into the Downloads folder. Enter the game, enable custom content, restart the game. Then, make a test neighbourhood and place the CAS room from the Lot bin into the hood. Load the CAS room. Click 'OK' to every instance of the SDH pop-up appearing. Save the lot. Exit. You may now upload the copy of the lot from your test hood to MTS, then you can delete that new Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and restore your original one.

Note: I assume that the custom CAS contains other custom content, if so then you need to also add a copy of all of the CC (walls, floors, furniture etc) to the Downloads folder along with the SDH tester. Don't add any of your mods though.

Also: Note that if you have Seasons, you should be making this CAS using the AnygameStarter, so adjust your filepaths accordingly.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 3:25 PM
It's infected:

What you need to do is:
Drag your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder to the desktop. Run the game to create a fresh, empty set of folders. Then, exit the game and put a copy your custom CAS into the LotCatalog folder. Put a copy of Chris Hatch's SDH test into the Downloads folder. Enter the game, enable custom content, restart the game. Then, make a test neighbourhood and place the CAS room from the Lot bin into the hood. Load the CAS room. Click 'OK' to every instance of the SDH pop-up appearing. Save the lot. Exit. You may now upload the copy of the lot from your test hood to MTS, then you can delete that new Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and restore your original one.

Note: I assume that the custom CAS contains other custom content, if so then you need to also add a copy of all of the CC (walls, floors, furniture etc) to the Downloads folder along with the SDH tester. Don't add any of your mods though.

Also: Note that if you have Seasons, you should be making this CAS using the AnygameStarter, so adjust your filepaths accordingly.

I saw the message this time. This CAS doesn't have any custom content, but I'm seeing that the wallpaper and floor are missing. I didn't see any custom content markers when using them, so I'm not sure if default replacements could be the cause. Could this be what’s causing the issue?

I also have another question to be safe: If I have an unpopulated neighborhood, should I add it to my new Sims 2 folder to clear the lots? And then, restore my original Sims 2 folder?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 4:01 PM
I saw the message this time. This CAS doesn't have any custom content, but I'm seeing that the wallpaper and floor are missing. I didn't see any custom content markers when using them, so I'm not sure if default replacements could be the cause. Could this be what’s causing the issue?

No, as HugeLunatic mentions in post #2 it's caused by using and then removing certain mods when creating the lot. Default replacement wallpapers shouldn't cause walls to be missing, either. Likely you used custom walls without realising it.

I also have another question to be safe: If I have an unpopulated neighborhood, should I add it to my new Sims 2 folder to clear the lots? And then, restore my original Sims 2 folder?

You can add the SDH tester to any game at any time; it will only do something when you actually have a problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 4:42 PM
No, as HugeLunatic mentions in post #2 it's caused by using and then removing certain mods when creating the lot. Default replacement wallpapers shouldn't cause walls to be missing, either. Likely you used custom walls without realising it.

You can add the SDH tester to any game at any time; it will only do something when you actually have a problem.

I understand. The CAS room now looks clean on the website, so it should be ready to upload.

I also cleaned my unpopulated neighborhood, after adding a default replacement, the lot got infected again. This happened despite not deleting anything from the original folder after installation. It's becoming really frustrating.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your help!