Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2023 at 6:49 PM
Default Customizing the music/sounds on The Sims 1
Hi!

Does anyone know is it possible to customize/mod the music/sounds in The Sims1? I mean the loading and menu music, TV station audio and even the sims voices? I have located the files, but the are written in maxis' own .xa form and to my knowledge no audio converter can convert files to this form.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pulkk1nen
Hi!

Does anyone know is it possible to customize/mod the music/sounds in The Sims1? I mean the loading and menu music, TV station audio and even the sims voices? I have located the files, but the are written in maxis' own .xa form and to my knowledge no audio converter can convert files to this form.

There's a mod for The Sims 3 that puts the Sims 1 music into The Sims 3. The maker of that mod, Buurz must know of a program that works with Sims 1 music files, so perhaps you can contact them.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html