Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 3:56 PM
Default Download Help
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for downloading rar or 7z files? Most of the time my computer will not accept them, but I've been considering looking into finding a program that could convert or even open/unzip the files. For quiet a while, I have been only able to accept zip files. Is there anything that will be kind and safe for my computer, I suppose is my question?

There are some options I've seen, but I'm unsure as to, which ones are trust worthy or not. So I thought to ask some of the more experienced custom content and nod downloaders, what they use or would recommend.

I see a lot of really gorgeous CC, and am unable to use them in my games. And I'm unable to make my own, so for now until I get a good paycheck, I am relying on the individuals that make amazing content.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ^__^
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:26 AM
I use 7-Zip for everything related to folders and files compressed.
Never had a problem with all the mods downloaded here and in other sites.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:19 PM
Your comp is just basically a collection of workers who does as someone told them to.

The question then would be: who complains or what does it say on the message?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:46 PM
I use WinRAR. It's completely safe, and you don't have to pay for it after the trial ends. You just have to deal with a nag screen every time you open the program, but everything needed to install mods and CC is still functional.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame