Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11001 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 4:15 AM
Surrounding the burglar with fences (Sim Manipulator can enable build/buy mode) and then calling the cops results in the police officer's AI breaking somewhat. They just stand in place unable to find a route to the burglar.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11002 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Surrounding the burglar with fences (Sim Manipulator can enable build/buy mode) and then calling the cops results in the police officer's AI breaking somewhat. They just stand in place unable to find a route to the burglar.

You need a gate lol.
Mad Poster
#11003 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 11:27 AM
@AndrewGloria what did you mean by "I checked the storytelling" ? Is this something that you personally do - document interactions - or is there some hidden setting in the game I'm not aware of?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11004 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 2:30 PM
I simply mean that I use the in-game storytelling feature as my way of keeping track of what's happening in my game. Nowadays I'm playing far too many Sims to remember what they're all up to. So I looked to see what I'd written about Florence, as without looking, I had no idea at all why two Sims were staying the night with her. I can usually remember what Andrew is doing, but that's different -- he's my best friend!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11005 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I simply mean that I use the in-game storytelling feature as my way of keeping track of what's happening in my game.

I used to do this a lot, back when I was playing a bit more generational and was still using C-pictures. It is a quite neat feature. Too bad the picture quality isn't the best, and that the storytelling feature lost half its usability with the Exchange (I don't think the actual storybook feature can be used outside the game).
Mad Poster
#11006 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 7:20 PM
@simmer22: It can! https://modthesims.info/d/60033/tes...log-export.html (Also, http://www.geocities.ws/coltswalker/s2album/index.html)

Yeah, I know, geocities! But it's still there, the program works fine, and if you go to the MTS link Nysha updated it in 2013. Actually organizing the pictures in it is very awkward, but if you take a minute or two to arrange your pics at the end of the household's session, you can add text between sessions. I use it constantly, both in-game, and to document my neighborhoods on tumblr. I find the Large, Highest Quality C-camera pics look plenty good enough for my purposes. I have bad eyesight and everybody complains about tumblr reducing their picture quality anyhow.

However, if the purpose is to remember what happened, a single picture and a few quick notes - Baby born, F, named Janey, Mom got pregnant again immediately, baby expected next rotation and also oldest will grow up and should get a Knowledge aspiration; Dad triple-bolts Mr Big and is considering it - will do the job and if you're documenting or writing a story elsewhere, nothing stops you from taking screenshots and using the Storybook Reader as a reference notebook.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11007 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 7:31 PM
^ I don't use the storybook function now (I find the pictures just bloat the hood folder since I wouldn't be using them for anything anyway - the only thing I use the pics for is to keep track of CAS families - as in "which hood did I make that random family in 8 years ago?" for SimPE purposes and such, since the game takes pics of the CAS families). But it's useful to know
Lab Assistant
#11008 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 3:41 AM
I discovered nothing today while playing because I started writing a pre-story in my profile journal for my new 'hood based in Pleasantview and somehow wrote a love letter to simming and MTS. I swear, I'm getting more sentimental with each year. Meanwhile, the game is still sitting open in the background waiting for me to finally, after all this time, play the Goth household. Madness.
Field Researcher
#11009 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 4:26 AM
Little Janis Dawson was on a family vacation and encountered a hammock for the first time. Autonomous, she fell off twice before she figured it out. I was laughing heartily.
Mad Poster
#11010 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saskganesh
Little Janis Dawson was on a family vacation and encountered a hammock for the first time. Autonomous, she fell off twice before she figured it out. I was laughing heartily.

I just instantly had a mental image of the Eleventh Doctor's bit... "This hammock has developed a fault!"

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11011 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 7:13 AM
Aah I see! I never use the in-game camera, but I do write notes in a sim's bio or in their house bio if I think I might forget something.

I do sometimes have months between opening individual households, so I understand the problem. But my memory is usually jogged when I open up a household.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11012 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 11:22 AM

Ahh, I had almost forgotten this little utility! Very cool, thanks for the updated link. I can't see that geocities link on the thread anywhere, perhaps I should add it in the comments?
Field Researcher
#11013 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 3:26 PM
With moveobjects, if you grab a Sim that's sitting somewhere and place the Sim on the floor, if you direct it to walk somewhere, the Sim will stand up as if they were hanging out with someone.
Also with moveobjects, if you place a diving board without having a pool and you direct a Sim to dive, the Sim will do a special animation and yell that there's no water underneath.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#11014 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 5:21 AM
Customers lose stars if the shop catches fire.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#11015 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 5:43 AM
They lose stars for a fire they caused themselves by cooking Cup of Ramen or community hotdogs, which cause fire on owned business. That is realistic because people complain about businesses not having all safety features that would ensure a fire or other disasters can't happen. They would probably sue in America or get the business inspected.
Mad Poster
#11016 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 7:38 AM
You also don't get any insurance payouts after burning a shop down.

Test Subject
#11017 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 10:08 AM
If you delete bugging neigbour from the apartment lot the apartment will stay empty. I did it yesterday.
Field Researcher
#11018 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 10:14 AM
Not quite while playing the Sims, rather than searching in the game files, I found a mention of the TS2 CC browser (Yes, I still have hope this will work as impossible it may be ) in the life stories game files, in a folder called "SimScripts". Apparently SimScripts has a bunch of tests for developers to see if very specific things work (There's even a test for every single object!) and I'm actually assuming this is a leftover from TS2, but instead in TS2 they thought of removing the folder. Wow EAxis.

Mad Poster
#11019 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
With moveobjects, if you grab a Sim that's sitting somewhere and place the Sim on the floor, if you direct it to walk somewhere, the Sim will stand up as if they were hanging out with someone.
Also with moveobjects, if you place a diving board without having a pool and you direct a Sim to dive, the Sim will do a special animation and yell that there's no water underneath.

I wish that could be removed. I tried putting a diving board over a lake in the hope that it would make it swimmable, but the same thing happened. I know there are swimmable lake tutorials, but I hate that you have to have this massive platform sticking out over the water.

Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
They lose stars for a fire they caused themselves by cooking Cup of Ramen or community hotdogs, which cause fire on owned business. That is realistic because people complain about businesses not having all safety features that would ensure a fire or other disasters can't happen. They would probably sue in America or get the business inspected.

Need a sign. Business is not liable for your poor cooking skill lol.
Field Researcher
#11020 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I wish that could be removed. I tried putting a diving board over a lake in the hope that it would make it swimmable, but the same thing happened. I know there are swimmable lake tutorials, but I hate that you have to have this massive platform sticking out over the water.

I find it weird EAxis made a whole special animation instead of just letting the Sim swim over ground or lake. The "glitches" they "patch" are always the ones you can positively exploit.

Forum Resident
#11021 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:56 PM
I have lientebollemeis's Sims 1 Hacker career. My sim is a Software CEO and got a chance card. There's apparently something a bit off with the set-up, because this is what the Sims Wiki says the chance card should be:

And this is what my Sim got:

I'm going to fix the career chance card and obviously I can adjust the family funds, but I don't know, I kind of like the idea of this Bill Gates-type in his little 2-bedroom house with his wife and 3 daughters making some insanely successful software, becoming a millionaire, and buying half the community lots in town. Maybe set up a university scholarship fund and name half the buildings on campus after him. Go completely nuts and set up a giant compound on a private island while his kids become insufferable heiresses. My richest households have barely broken §1 million after many generations; even correcting it to §3 million instead of §30 million would make them richer than everyone else in my hood overnight.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11022 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:55 AM
In order to bypass some hard limits with 16-bit integers, the career system has a quirk where higher career levels multiply chance card bonuses by 1000. It's very easy to bump into -- there's even one chance card in the Maxis Architecture career that can easily bankrupt Sims (thankfully there's a fix).

Mad Poster
#11023 Old Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Today I discovered that instead of cancelling a "Make Many..." cooking interaction, telling the Sim to finish cooking the unfinished meal, then manually moving it in their inventory, you can just queue up another action. They'll finish the current dish and then start doing the next thing.

Mad Poster
#11024 Old Today at 4:25 AM
Customers who get rejected for their first kiss lose stars.

Mad Poster
#11025 Old Today at 11:04 AM
Placing the Charles Object Editor on an previously occupied residential lot enables the Live mode button:

If I click it, I then end up with an invisible Marisa Bendett (townie) and 8,000,000 family funds. I didn't try saving to see what happens.

Page 441 of 441