Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 5:38 PM
I don't know how many lots Bridgeport has by default, but I've added a good few dozen scattered across it. I've also improved outdoor decoration on many community lots, I've replaced most shells and RHs with CASTable versions, I've added a few thousand decorative trees and objects across the world, I've increased the LOD distances of flora so that trees and shrubberies will be rendered as detailed 3d objects at every distance, I've cranked up the draw distance and shadow map quality, and I've increased the world cache size limit tenfold. So I imagine that's affecting performance.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:04 AM Last edited by daisylee : 19th Aug 2017 at 5:23 AM.
34 generations and stopped at the time as 4 came out. Am playing 3 again now but decided to start a new family. I still have that family though if I want to resume. Had no problems due to all the generations. They lived in new homes when a new EP with a new world came out, generally.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:08 AM
I've been able to play in worlds that likely would have literally eternal lifespans in saves as I play Ts2 style rotationally and have story progression running in manual mode with my settings.I control the town's population except for service NPCs and role NPCs.I play my legacies in custom worlds and have to populate the towns manually with edit town to move my new families in.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:35 AM Last edited by KittyKuba : 4th Sep 2017 at 5:54 AM.
The more lots closer to your sim's house the worse the lag in my game, I found.
The more lots rendered on high detail as well. The more lots clustered close together causes lag as well. I've used Kuree's Save Cleaner 1.1 for the last two years and my lag has significantly decreased, I also delete my cache files every so often.
If I'm using NRAAS' Story Progression then it's crazy lag; I usually only use it in the beginning of a save. I usually only use empty and cleaned versions of moonlight falls and appaloosa plains and I really don't do a lot of building unless I want a huge amount of sims.

I also use NRAAS' Master Controller, Error Trap and Overwatch. Without those I'd never be to keep playing.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:57 PM
I'm playing (a version of) a Perfect Genetics challenge, which counts my then-YA founder as Generation 1. The Generation 4 heirs are currently kids and teens, though there are a handful of Gen 5 toddlers hanging around town. So far, it's going well, though when I play the main household and NRaas SP is switched on there is some lag. As far as weeks is concerned, I think this copy of the town is up to week 15... I moved everyone to a new copy a while ago to deal with lag or something (I can't remember exactly).

I usually get distracted and stop a town after only a couple of generations, so this is my first experience of the whole second-cousins-can-marry thing. I don't want to move to a new town with new neighbours, because part of the point of this challenge is to do some cousin marriages to increase the number of kids with my founder's weird hair/eye colours, so I'm embracing it... mostly. Every now and then SP tries to get a couple together who I don't really approve of, and I break them up again. For the moment it's not that creepy, because biologically marrying your second cousin is only very slightly increases the risk of genetic problems (and third cousin couples are the same as a random pair of people), but as the town gets more inbred it will be more creepy... In a generation or so I'm planning for some people to head off to a new planet (fun custom world!) and get more into their whole inbreeding thing, while the others head for a new town with new, unrelated sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:32 PM
Second-cousin marriages freaks me out. I usually tend to stop playing or move to another town when this comes out. In my old town Twinbrook, the town was overrun by the Prudence family. Since they already start out with a lot of descendants already, they have a good head start for the next generation. It doesn't help that the other families don't give a damn about producing an offspring. NRaas SP tries to immigrate one family every now and then, but they mostly end up either being childless or having children with "Dislikes Children" trait. Too bad they are usually the ones with the good genetics. The ones who reproduce are usually the ugly ones. Sad.
Page 2 of 2