Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:12 PM
Default What's the most amount of children a sim has had on your game?
So far for me it has only been 6. I'm trying to get my one married couple to have a very large family though.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:42 PM
Is that children you defined in the Create-A-Sim/Create-a-Family screen, or children where you witnessed their birth?

Once I made a family with 5 children, though I didn't play them. I just wanted to be able to add more families to my world.

As far as births I witnessed, so far I've only done one.
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th May 2011 at 11:10 PM
Five (born in game, not in CAS) and that was plenty enough for me. Thank goodness the older kids were able to help my single mom with the twins.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th May 2011 at 11:24 PM
generally i stop my sims from having kids after they've had five. recently i've stuck to just two, but i think i'll try for triplets this next generation. maybe twins. idk.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2011 at 12:21 AM
Born in game sorry, I should have made that more clear.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th May 2011 at 12:48 AM
I did a challenge once where I had to have 20 kids. I think I made it to 16 or 17

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:15 AM
My average is about 5 kids. The most I've had is about 9. NEVER AGAIN
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:36 AM
I have had several families with six (and five, four, three, and two) but my average seems to be about 3-4 children. The largest family had six children (one boy, five girls) before I kicked the parents and four youngest kids out so I could play the two eldest kids (who were young adults). The parents in the other house then proceeded to have two more sons, bringing the family's total to eight children.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:44 AM
In Sims 3 my limit is 4 and I always make sure at least one of three is a teen with only 1-2 days of becoming adult when the fourth one arrives. But in Sims 2 I had a cas family of a mother with 7 kids, ranging from babies and toddlers, killed off the mommy and had the brood adopted. My hood needed cute kids to adopt.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:48 AM
My polygamist Sim fathered 13 children with different women. His grandson fathered 10.
Alchemist
#11 Old 30th May 2011 at 6:59 AM
during the family man challenge, i managed to get up to 60+ before my sim died. id be interested to see how many i could get with playing a female....hmmm.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2011 at 9:41 AM
5 born in game, was the most, but the hardest was a single mother with 2 sets of twins, where she got pregnant the moment after the first set was born. The days that overlapped and all the kids were toddlers at the same time, was hell on earth.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:09 PM
the most in sims 3 i have had is four.
but in sims 2 i could have a bunch of kids and move them out so they would start their own families, and mom and dad would ahve more kids. but that was before story progression.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:10 PM
One of my legacies had two sims with large families- eleven each! The first on this family tree has 10 natural children and 1 adopted (to fulfill a wish). They were all single babies except for one set of twins.

The second on the image has three sets of triplets and one set of twins! I think I had just learned how to get triplets at that stage, and so was exploiting that!

Sim Sample had 20 children in Riverview once, but all with different sims so I didn't have to play a large family- story progression did it all for me. I can't imagine having more than around 11 though- I had to wait for some to move out so that the sim could have some more! :D
Forum Resident
#15 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:18 PM
I had one sim family go to six children.. When I sent hubby overseas. For some wish fulfilling thing. While he was gone oldest daughter got knocked up. Thought the game had glitched. Story progression LOL what those darn sims wont get up to when you are not looking. LOL
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:33 PM
I think my highest was 8, since I ended up having to move 2 of the kids out for room
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:28 PM
I normally stop around five or six. My family is rather large (on my mom's side) and it's rare to see anyone with less than three or four kids, so I'm generally more inclined to have a lot of children in my sim families since it's what I'm used to.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:07 PM
wow..i just realized my most is 3. haha thats because ive only ever had three families. one with three, one with two, and one with 6 but i cheated on them so much it hardly counts

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Theorist
#19 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:20 PM
In TS2 - 8 children.
In TS3 - 6 children, 1 in CAS, 5 born in game. I usually stop at 2 children per couple but sometimes when my back is turned, they make more that's why I ended up with 6 kids for this one family.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:27 PM
how does everyone get more so many children out of the parents before they become old? I currently have 6 children. 5 from the parents and one adopted. the mother is turning into an elder soon , so even when the eldest daughter moves out and makes room in the family, I still will not be able to have another child
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by so_freakin_glam
how does everyone get more so many children out of the parents before they become old? I currently have 6 children. 5 from the parents and one adopted. the mother is turning into an elder soon , so even when the eldest daughter moves out and makes room in the family, I still will not be able to have another child

I usually start my families ASAP, so that the mom is first having her kids in the first few days of the YA stage. That, and, I usually have the kids grow up when I'm bored with them, instead of growing up when they have 0 days left on the meter :p
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
My simself and her husband Luke had eight kids. I still remember their names too. Suki, Mae, Sally, Kae, Ann, and Tara
Instructor
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:42 AM
I have one family in-game at the moment with 10 children (11 if you count the woman's first daughter, though she's married and has children of her own). They have a set of twins, a set of triplets, one adopted child, and a set of quads. I cheated to get the quads, obviously, using MasteController's "Instant Child" or whatever it's called. That house is nearly impossible to play in my normal "control everything" style but I do enjoy what the now teen twins and triplets are doing in my neighborhood.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:45 AM
I attempted the Family Man challenge a while back and got to something like 45 before I called it quits. The dude was only an Adult so I probably could've squeezed out a lot more out of the ladies. Mind you that I took no part in raising them so that certainly made things a lot easier; my limit on the kids I actually raised in the active household is something like, 5, and that was with lifespan extensions because I wanted to stagger the kids' ages. I dunno, I am just not a fan of having huge baskets of Sim crotchfruits. /shrug
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:06 AM
This many: (click on thumbnail)

I told them over and over to use birth control but they wouldn't listen.....

Actually, this was a result of pressing the wrong button while I was using a mod....oops~*
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2