Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1501 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:09 PM
I don't mind stuff like that being townie-friendly if I can make a story or character out of it. If a townie or NPC spawns into something odd, I try to find an explanation for it in their character. What kind of person would wear this outfit and why? Other times I just leave it alone because it makes me laugh. This kid just looks so serious about it that I think I'll leave him that way. He's very devoted to The Watcher and I almost expect to him to come out from behind the till to preach at the customers.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1502 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:58 PM

Gale's teenage years was mostly him attempting to stay on his two feet steadily and failing very badly.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Top Secret Researcher
#1503 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:03 AM

In which Finnian takes three times as long to eat breakfast as he should because he can't stop flirting with his fiance.

Finnian got right into the love tub when he started college. Gabriel got right to studying, rolling wants to go to class, do research, and write a term paper. "Knowledge sims!" his (Popularity) older brother says, rolling his eyes and grinning. "They're so boring sometimes!"

Finnian loves his baby cousin--all the third-gen Agnarsson kids do--but he does wish Michael wouldn't call every day.

Gabriel revives the old Landgrabb House tradition of getting the entire dorm and then some involved in group research.
(I'm trying to get the ladies in the matching swimsuits together. It's difficult since they're both dormies and I don't like making them selectable for very long.)

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#1504 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
Community lot where you can get pets, AND adopt a baby! Note: some non-human babies require a water environment, some babies are not ready for adoption.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#1505 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 12:33 AM
Wow, it sure has been a while since I opened The Sims 2.

Is this family dysfunctional or what? Celeste chose to eat apart from her family in front of the computer.

Talk about dysfunctional... Sandra nobly hiked up the stairs to the communal rooftop to drop off her dirty dish there.

Gotta love that face though...

I found Justin and Evan sleeping in their parents' bed tonight. Brothers are nice when they're not hitting each other.

Top Secret Researcher
#1506 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 4:38 PM

Cathy and Connor are very much enjoying being empty-nesters...even if it's only 'til Finnian gets back from college.

This is how Saturday at Doyle's house went. Ingrid rocks out on the guitar while her twin Julia has tons of fun on a date.

Now that it's winter, the kids have to play inside. Somehow tag in the living room was entertaining for several hours. (Side note: why do the kids never run at the same time? It hardly looks like tag in pictures if one is just standing there.)

Some of the guests during this week's Family Day made smart choices about what water activity to undertake in the middle of winter. Others...did not. Lucas, Julia, don't blame me if you two catch cold.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#1507 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:51 PM
Link Ninja
#1508 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:59 PM
Default Rando Pics
Have some random Pics

Victoria Orbinson at her family's vacation home, watching the ocean

Tatiana Lavillos and Natalia Sanchez are now widow roommates and settle their battles with Don't wake the Llama. Looks like Natalia is winning.

Angelique Thompson sequestered in her room, blogging

Her roommate, Anette Jernigan kicking some balls around at the Recreation Center downtown

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1509 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Community lot where you can get pets, AND adopt a baby! Note: some non-human babies require a water environment, some babies are not ready for adoption.

Multi-purpose pet store! (C'mon, that's what kids are really)

I see you got the hang of MYP Pat

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#1510 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:09 PM
Splash
Mad Poster
#1511 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:27 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 21st Oct 2018 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Attached pictures directly due to MYP issues
Thanks to Smorbie1 I've been trying out some of Chris Hatch's mods.

The Monty family deeply appreciates the Memorial Painting mod.

Loki Beaker used the Turn On Turn Ons mod to acquire some new ... ahem ... "interests".
Whatever will Circe think of this?

The Smiths were delighted that little Jill can now pick flowers for mommy.

... and Natasha Una had great fun literally beating the pants off of her opponents in Strip Poker!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1512 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 11:48 PM
Maxon: the solution to my posting problems was that I had to open MYP with Google (my usual Yahoo just doesn't work with it) - and it took WORK to fix THAT account!
==============
Roxellen: I can't find that "Memorial Painting" mod. Help?

Mad Poster
#1513 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:07 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 10th Dec 2017 at 5:19 AM.
grammapat - From Smorbie1's post with all the family-friendly Chris Hatch stuff - here's the link to control ghosts and memorial picture:

http://simfileshare.net/folder/22472/

The file at the bottom of the list is the one you want: CJH_MemorialPainting.package

EDIT: Sorry - did you mean you couldn't find the painting in the catalog? It's in Decorative > Wall Hangings and costs $720 (objects are sorted by price from cheapest to most expensive - don't know whether you knew that). It looks like a black frame with a plain blue "picture" in it - almost like a "blue screen" error on a Windows computer. Let me know if you still can't find it.
Scholar
#1514 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:43 AM

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1515 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:57 PM
Ah yes, that little addition for the sun is lovely isn't it? Did you see the moon yet?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#1516 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:21 PM
Scholar
#1517 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Ah yes, that little addition for the sun is lovely isn't it? Did you see the moon yet?

No! I picked a default for it too, and can't wait to see what it looks like

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#1518 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
RoxEllen: about the Memorial Painting...I ment I could not find the download by searching internet or MTS. I only vaguely remember what it is about. Can you point me to more info about what it does, etc. I have downloaded it.

Lab Assistant
#1519 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:46 PM

parenthood, ya know

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1521 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
No! I picked a default for it too, and can't wait to see what it looks like

I chose the 'real' one - it's kind of nice to see it in game.

Mad Poster
#1522 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:53 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Dec 2017 at 2:57 AM. Reason: answered the wrong question :(
RoxEllen: about the Memorial Painting...I ment I could not find the download by searching internet or MTS. I only vaguely remember what it is about. Can you point me to more info about what it does, etc. I have downloaded it.

Hang the memorial paintiing next to a grave or urn like in my picture. You can place a wall section in a grave yard to hang it on if you need it outside. When you take the game off of pause, the picture will display the portrait of the nearest dead sim.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
While I was working with cemeteries I decided I wanted a portrait of the deceased so I'd know who was who. The wall hanging (CJH_MemorialPainting.zip) will initialize itself when it begins to run it's main and take on the image of the deceased from the closest urn/tombstone to itself. If T&A or A&N is running then if the deceased is in heaven the frame will become white, otherwise it remains black. If T&A or A&N is not running then ladies get a white frame, men get black.

It is in the Wall Hangings part of the catalogue where it will appear as a plain blue picture with black frame.
Mad Poster
#1523 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
Thanks RoxEllen. I DO need this, thanks! Although the examples are adults, I assume it "paints" them as they were when they died.

Mad Poster
#1524 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:13 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Dec 2017 at 8:07 PM.
Thanks RoxEllen. I DO need this, thanks! Although the examples are adults, I assume it "paints" them as they were when they died.

Yes, the painting will show the character's appearance as they were when they died. If you make the ghost selectable, their control panel portrait is the one that will show up in the painting. If you want the dead sim to have a specific look (a funeral suit, nicer hairstyle, etc.), you can teleport the dead sim onto a playable lot and give him/her a bit of a makeover before placing the painting.

I had to delete the paintings, teleport both Olivia and Claudio onto the lot, and use the batbox to Fix > Regenerate Portraiture. The original Maxis portraits saved in their files were terribly blurry.

EDIT: It works on community lots too! I added a picture of the Tricou graves in a default Downtown.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1525 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:18 PM
"To be, or not to be!"

Looks like the landlord's a very popular Sim.

For once, Alex's being a good older sister.

Clarence Philippine posed just in time for my camera.

Page 61 of 121