Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2701 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
My Sim was walking from the fifth floor to the ground floor, then stopped for a second on the third floor only to find a dude attractive.

Obviously it worked. That's what you call being attracted to someone.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2702 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:57 PM
I found my old game and... how can I not always go back to Pleasantview? There's so much potential for drama!

So, the (new) Goth family! Alexander and Lucy had always been friends, ever since kindergarden. Unfortunately, they grew apart during their teenage years and eventually Lucy had a short affair with their next door neighbour, Don Lothario. She got pregnant and gave birth to a sweet baby girl whom she named Amy. She raised Amy with the help of her family (because of course Don didn't want to hear anything about a daughter and denied that the baby could be his; he was actually lucky that Lucy's family didn't press charges, because the girl was only 16) and she countinued going to school. She didn't get to go to college, because she couldn't leave little Amy behind, but she did finish high school with an A+. She moved out of her parents' apartment, because there simply wasn't enough space for everyone now that her youngest sister, Laura, started crawling. She started working as a journalist and she became quite successful, making enough money to pay the rent to a nice apartament and keep Amy in a good school. A few years later, she had to write an article about the young Goth heir, Alexander Goth, who just returned from college and assumed leadership of Goth Enterprises. Things were a little bit awkward in the beginning, but soon the young heir got the courage and asked her out. One year later, they were celebrating their wedding and Lucy and her daughter moved in with Alexander. Not long after that, Lucy got pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy, whom they named Edward Goth. Right now, the two of them are happily married, raising their son, while Amy is preparing for college (she is a very talented ballet dancer).

Field Researcher
#2703 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:12 PM
Emerald Heights Times magazine is reporting the tragic news of death of Caesar Rafferty.
City's beloved Mayor's urn was found in his house early Tuesday morning. The kitchen is completely destroyed by fire, and Mayor's wife Judith is missing. The death was probably a terrible accident (Fire department reminds citizens about importance of smoke detectors and cooking skills!), and Judith is considered dead.
"I...I just don't understand, how this happened," couples son, Sebastian, told EHT. "We had smoke detector! And Father never cooked!"
When fire started, Sebastian was in hot tub with young lady named Cola Panoski. Cola admitted being in the house, quickly adding that she left as soon as she "was done with Seb". "Coca will be so pissed that Caesar died!" Cola added, giggling. We are not sure, what she is talking about.
Sebastian is now the sole owner of Rafferty fortune. And the line of possible future Mrs. Rafferties is long - Sebastian became a centre of public attention recently, when he got engaged and broke up twice in one night. The both ex-fiancés are sisters, and rumors state that Sebastian had a brief affair with their mother as well.
"No comments," was Sebastian's only answer. Then he started to cry. "Father was supposed to take care of it!"
Speaking of taking care of it, city needs a new Mayor. Elections will be held as soon as possible, and currently there are two runners - Adam Patch and Shonda Watson.
"I'm obviously the best choice," Adam admitted. "I have a wife and two - soon to be three - beautiful children. Shonda didn't have contact with her daughter for years! Of course, this city will choose a decent family man over... That kind of woman."
And what was Shonda's answer to that? "Nonsense. Everybody knows that Patch adopted only to look good in public eyes."
We remind our readers that Adam and his wife Flora already had one adopted toddler girl, when they decided to adopt another one - and soon after making that phone call they realized that Flora is expecting!
"Lots of little ones here," Shonda commented. "What will suffer - his work or family? Because he can't pay proper attention to both."
"I can do both," Adam is full of self-confidence. "I learned a lot from Caesar - you know, we were good friends, he had a dinner at our house right before he died..."
Shonda, on the other hand, was good friends with Judith. "And I learned a lot from her as well, you know, things that Patch maybe doesn't want to talk about. She called me few hours before accident, wanted to meet me - but I had a daughter over and couldn't go. Because, you know, I actually have contact with Raneka, we are great friends."
EHT will keep you updated as election process and investigation on fire accident continue.

On other news, several sims are reporting seeing weird things in sky. Jhonattan Goth is sure it's an alien space ship, but we all know that aliens don't exist. Knight and Isla Blaques have released an official statement saying that they have no idea, what these things in sky might be, although nobody asked them.
Mad Poster
#2704 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:24 PM
I had the idea that Emerald Heights sims would be perfect for a medieval neighborhood . . . takes a lot of building, for sure!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#2705 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:59 AM
General Buzz Grunt recently arrived in Pleasantview, his boys in tow. He brought with him someone the locals instantly recognized as Bella Goth, and -- Darleen Dreamer?! The women have no apparent memories of their former lives, and the General has no idea why. "I just found `em," he said. "They were in a strange town." Brandi Goth is admittedly concerned about the status of her marriage, and Darren Dreamer refuses to believe the new Darleen in his. "My Darleen is buried," he said. Darren has not done well since his wife's apparent passing, and rents space in his home to various college grads trying to save money.

(No, I didn't do anything silly like transplanting families from one hood to another. I just made clones with simpe, filled out their personalities based on SimWikia, and plopped them down. I also gave Skip Broke the same treatment )

Another source of tension is that a man claiming to be Malcolm Landgraab IV has moved into the new Bluewater Village district, earning the instant wrath of Pleasantview's own Malcolm Landgraab. Landgraab claims that the newcomer is a distant relative come to cause trouble. "Who's the one who's been building connections in Pleasantview for years, trying to get this business district opened? Who's been twisting elbows and greasing palms patiently waiting for this day, greying in the process? Me! That's who. I'm the real deal, baby. Look at this portrait of my father . You see? I've got the hair, the goatee, the glasses, the eyes. Does this Mal the Fourth look anything like this portrait? He's a fake, a phony, a spoiled chump!"

The new Langraab claims that our own Landgraab is the bastard son of their father from days spent abroad.

(I often use the advisors and petitioners from SimCity 3000 as Sims in Sims 1/2/3; my Malcolm Landgraab character is based on the SimCity 3000 image, though part of his backstory in my head-canon is that part of his background was spent in Asia...I imagine Landgraab Industries as something like one of the old Japanese zaibatsu.)
Field Researcher
#2706 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 3:29 PM
Last night in Old Town there were a lot of Parties for the New Year's Eve, like the party that Indiana and Claudio Gold did, they are a young couple with a lot of money from Claudio's part, Indiana is a beautiful woman, but the people thinks she's a gold digger, in this moment she doesn't have any friends in the City, so Claudio told her they can made new friends with a party celebrating the New Year.
They invited a lot of people, but only the married couple Riche, also new in the Town and Bella and Michael Bachelor answered the invitation. But for Indiana it was the best party ever. For the Bachelors was an opportunity to relax after all the fights with the Goths, and the other couple, well they just arrived, so they didn't have any chance to go to another place.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Mad Poster
#2707 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:12 PM
Poor pretty Claire Charming can't catch a break. Since she was forced to leave her job by the NR, she has had to just watch her bank balance dwindle. Finally, she threw a Hail Mary and called the gypsy on the sly to get a date. This left her just a few hundred dollars. But, she figured it would be okay because he would bring money into the marriage. Erik Futa was her date. He recognized her logic and agreed they should marshal their forces. Of course, he was unemployed and brought a grand total of one NR buck. He did get a job, but they are looking at an approaching tax season with no money to pay. Also, they haven't been able to conceive a baby, yet.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2708 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:10 AM
I seem to get bored with Sims 2 more easily these days for some reason. I've spent the last couple of days try to do a successful Enough Coin to Disappear run in Dishonored 1 (for those who have no idea what I'm talking about: One of the achievements for the Dishonored 1 DLC Brigmore Witches is called "Enough Coin to Disappear" the requirements of which is the complete the DLC in Low Chaos with 10,000 coins. Completing the DLC with Low Chaos is the easy part, tracking down enough coins to get the 10,000 coins is the hair tearing out part. Dishonored doesn't have money cheats like "motherlode", so every coin must be tracked down and collected.) I finally got it today so I switched back over to Sims 2 and the Goth house.

I played the Goth house for 3 days to get Victor and Gretle Goth a few days further into being Elders. It was kind of boring. They both skilled and got promotions. Victor got to the top of the Intelligence Career, which filled his second LTW, and Gretle got to the top of the Education Career which filled her first LTW. Her second LTW was to Marry Off 6 Children. That is not going to happen. She is 3 days into being an Elder and can't have children. The two children she does have are currently in college and will probably graduate soon. I didn't know trees could go dormant in Sims 2, but saw that the Goth's Lemon tree went dormant when the season changed to Winter.

I switched over to the Crumplebottom house, and now it was Simon with the "go on vacation", "buy a vacation house" and "go to vacation house" combination of wants. I had him buy the cheaper vacation house in Twikki Island and go on vacation. He had a good vacation. He now owns two Vacation Homes (one in Twikki Island and one in Takemizu Village). Prudence earned several promotions in her second LTW career field, and Simon switched from Science to Gaming, which is his second LTW career field. I find it a little interesting that he has a "Relative Get Married" want, but Prudence doesn't. Simon also has a persistent want to go fishing, but since its Winter on that lot if I build a little fishing pond it will just freeze over. I didn't build one or fill his want to go fishing before I ended the rotation.

Since its been awhile since I played the Caliente household, I entered that house next. Flamenco being one day away from teen reminded me that I needed to play the Al Mahmoud household so they have his canon spouse (I also realized that I may be getting a little ahead of myself. Flamenco Caliente is supposed to marry Nighat Al Mahmoud and have Dina and Nina Caliente. However I haven't gotten the Goths and Crumplebottoms out of college yet, and Mortimer and Bella are supposed to be older than Dina and Nina. Ugh. I think I may have moved the Calientes in too early.) Flamenco and Tango became teens and got Teen jobs in the Intelligence career. Neither of them have that as their LTW, but I found it easier to put them in that than to wait for the LTW teen jobs. Nestor reached the top of the Law Enforcement career and reached his LTW. He is now Permaplat. Dulcinea is still 2 career levels away from the top of her career. Tiento is 5 days away from becoming a Teen. Tango got the Overachiever Scholarship and Creativity Scholarship. Flamenco got the Overachiever and Creativity Scholarship.
Mad Poster
#2709 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
... Gretle got to the top of the Education Career which filled her first LTW. Her second LTW was to Marry Off 6 Children. That is not going to happen. She is 3 days into being an Elder and can't have children. The two children she does have are currently in college and will probably graduate soon.

You might be interested in Pescado's ltwvariety mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
Makes LTW, especially for careers, appropriate to the sim: A sim who has absolutely no interest in Crime is not suddenly going to want to become a Criminal. All career LTWs now have certain prerequisite interest and/or personality levels that must be met, or that career will never appear for the sim. The results should be fairly intuitive(Athletes like sports, Mayors like politics, Chefs like food, etc.).

Careers are also not hard-locked to aspiration, and so Family sims should have greater variety in LTWs now: A sim's career want can cross aspirational boundaries if he has a relative who is at the top of the career track to emulate as a family tradition (I.E., all members of the Grunt family of appropriate interest may decide they'd like to join the military, regardless of aspiration). Because elders cannot normally take regular careers, once a sim is an elder, he will no longer roll career wants (other than his present career, if not maxed). A CAS elder will thus not be stuck with an impossible want.

Similarly, "crazy" wants like "Marry off a million children", "Have a million grandchildren", "Graduate a million children from college", all carry sanity checks as well: An elder (female) will not be able to roll new children LTWs unless she already *HAS* the required number of children (since it would be impossible to get more!). Elder males can still have more children and are not limited in this way. However, a sanity check is also added for aging neighborhoods: If your neighborhood is already overpopulated, some of these will no longer appear because satisfying them would render your game unplayable and/or destroy your neighborhood files in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

Some people don't like this mod because it limits the Lifetime Wants by interests and personality - all LTWs are no longer available to all sims.

The AL version of ltwvariety is available here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Lab Assistant
#2710 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:11 PM
It needs a bit of backstory here: I spent an evening at a friend's house and he has a rustic building next to his house, with pretty much all you need for a comfy evening with friends, a small kitchen, somewhere to sit, and a fireplace, I loved the place. So much that I tried to recreate it in game, and I will share it soon. It's kinda empty and the furnishing is not livable, but purposefully so that everyone can adapt it to suit their needs. The place had no toilet so I added it with a shower as an outhouse. I hope to get there again because I loved it.
Screenshots

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#2711 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:54 PM
The Maximus family may have outsmarted themselves. When the NR took over their homeland, Jimmy was overthrown as the crime boss of the country. There can only be one boss in each province. In Xenu, that boss is Burn Agent (who is a member of the resistence). So, Jimmy was jobless. He took a job in the intelligence field because he thought a lot of his skills would transfer. Princess, of course, lost her job in the slacker field.

they took a hard look at their new reality. They had never wanted children, but decided to try to have one because the NR demands it, and because that could prevent the NR finding a way to take Princess away, on drummed up charges, and make her a handmaid.

They couldn't conceive. So, Princess took matters into her own hands. If she couldn't have a bay with Jimmy, maybe there was someone else who could help her out. After all, she and Jimmy had never put much stock into fidelity, and as long as they weren't caught, she didn't see the problem. So, she began daddy shopping. Erik Charming was able to help her out (though his own wife remains barren).

Taking a different tack, Jimmy delved into the dark, swampy areas of the country, and came back with a blessed object. It's dangerous to use it, but it would give them a child. He was willing to take the risk. But, Princess took that choice away from him, didn't she? Now, she's pregnant. Jimmy is furious! She honestly doesn't see why. She can't count the times she caught him with someone else. She didn't care; that was how their marriage worked.

To recap, here's where we are. Jimmy has made an enemy of Burn Agent, the head of the criminal syndicate, and an agent for the resistance. That's a problem no matter what happens. Princess is pregnant, and both she and Erik stand the chance, FOREVER, of being found out and killed or pulled into slavery, and she and Jimmy are no longer speaking.

Things aren't going well, are they? Who'd have thought infidelity would turn out so badly?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#2712 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:34 PM
Sedona's Phil Collensworth finally has seen enough of aliens for the moment. After giving birth to his 6th alien baby, for the first time he didn't roll a want to meet aliens. His first set of twins have just grown up to kids, whereas there are still 4 toddlers and 2 babies in the house. Both he and his wife Galactea are exhausted and probably wouldn't have managed without the help of their friends. Especially Jared has been a good babysitter, and Aaron at least helped clean the place!

Aaron has come to terms with his kids since they grew up. He is still very close to being broke. He moved into a small cottage with the kids, because the bachelor pad he lived in just wouldn't do with twins. But his career as a clothes designer is still going very slowly. He just managed to sew his first teddy bear.

Jared is still stuck in a love triangle. Should he ask Maria to marry him when every time she turns her back he starts woohooing former paper girl Elise? While Maria didn't mind him flirting with Elise in front of her, asking her for a date apparently crossed a line, because she broke up with him. Two days later, she came back and took him right to bedroom. Every time he kisses one of them, he immediately rolls a want to talk to the other one. His kids are doing fine, both are very interested in looking through the telescope.

Tarek has moved in his girlfriend, T'Lara, after accidentally impregnating her in a hottub incident. The twins have grown up well, and their little half sibling is being cared for by T'Lara when Tarek goes to work in his shop. The shop still sells mainly kids stuff, and is not very successful. But it's enough to fill the fridge. T'lara was to exhausted to go back to her robot studies, but now that T'Plai can crawl around and play with toys she has some spare time. She isn't sure about her goals now, though. She thought when she managed to get good enough to make a servo, they could repair her ship and they could leave. But now, there is Tarek and the child to consider.

Elise is in College, and she has met Stella Terrano in her dorm. Both of them have found boyfriends, so I really don't know why Elise keeps going back to Jared all the time.
Instructor
#2713 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:52 PM
I found a good custom stove that looked so polished but the creator made the price too low. So I opened up The Sims 2 Categoriser and set the price to 100.000 simoleons. My sim just maximised the cooking skill so I had him make a lobster with that stove. There was a phone call so I took it then when I came back a few minutes later, his kitchen were burned down and I found him smelling the freaking flowers in backyard.
Mad Poster
#2714 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
@RoxEllen1965 I tried that mod but didn't like it, I don't remember why now.

@legacyoffailures It sounds like you may need Pescado's noadhd mod. It prevents them from wandering off while cooking and burning down the house because they just had to do something besides paying attention to the stove ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html click on your latest EP and look for the noadhd.zip )
Instructor
#2715 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 9:13 PM
Oh yes I have that mod (along with the other bunch in the directory file). It's just that I also have more dangerous fire mod and I heard that making a lobster had a higher chance of getting burned or fire. So probably it wasn't my Sim's day.

P.S. I was taking the phone call when the fire happened so probably he was outside screaming when a firefighter wiped out the fire.
Mad Poster
#2716 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:57 AM
Pearla Cooke (youngest child to Kirsten (Loste) and Julien Cooke) just became a teenager. I had her in my mind right from when she was little as being a bit stuck up, I was going to have her as the stereotypical cheerleader type, but she grew up wearing this beautiful modest dress, large circle glasses and a cute boyish haircut, I thought maybe I got her wrong this whole time.

Angelina Wirth (Don Lothario & Sharon Wirth) just found out she's pregnant. I'm not sure who the father is between Parsley Cooke (Kirsten & Julien Cooke), Samuel Cordial (Kimberly Cordial & Carlos Contender) or even her Mother's ex lover John Mole. Don has been rolling baby related wants (both babies for himself and grand babies) since he got married, but I'm not too sure how he's going to feel about his teenage daughter being pregnant so young.

Over in the Newson house, Gallagher and Lucy Burb tied the knot, followed by Lucy giving birth to Gail Newson, and then Georgia and Gabriella fighting... It was quite a wedding party...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2717 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:09 AM
That is what the pause button is for...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2718 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:57 PM
I'm playing the Greek house in St. Catherine's College making sure Sir Charles Barkley (Greek House Mascot Dog) is settling in (I've been playing with Lamare's Pets at University mod). I also had an issue with the option of allowing other Sims to move into the Greek House. I kept getting the pop-up with the dialogue about not enough room. So after hours of google trying to find a solution ... honestly it took a couple of hours ... I finally came across a thread here at MTS (imagine I looked here initially and couldn't find the answer) from another player who experience the same problem. Apparently Cyjon's Bigger Families mod was the culprit. I added CJ's mod a few years ago when my neighborhood became corrupted. I didn't want my Sims to lose all of their memories so I moved them all together to their new neighborhood and his mod allowed me to it. Its been a few years since I played a university neighborhood, and I've never experience an problem like this before. So I removed his mod and in its place I added Boiling Oils Unlimited Sims Mod. That seemed to do the trick.

So we moved a new Sim into the Greek House who proceeded to make a booty call. I'm thinking he is calling one of the Dormies, until one of the female teens from the main hood shows up. I was shocked; I play with free-will on and I was so tempted to stop what was happening. Actually this shouldn't have happened, her ACR settings should have prevented her from accepting or engaging; apparently the booty call overrides Sims ACR settings when they are not on their home lot. I guess it also didn't help that this lot's JS Bouquet settings allowed Teens to behave as adults. I got an idea to test a scenario I never played before in this neighborhood. This was the teen's first everything! First kiss, first woohoo, first make-out, so I thought why not get her pregnant. In the past I used the Sim Blender option for Independent Teens to allow teen pregnancy; but that just makes them adults who still look like teens. Now I had the chance to see how Chris Hatch's alternate pregnancy controller (I use the version with miscarriage) works with teens. I love it when my game sets things up for me. Chris' mod supports teen pregnancy while allowing teens to stay teens. What I forgot about was the relationship change that can happen between a pregnant teen and their parents.

Well the teen is pregnant, so I load her lot to see what happens. She is in excellent physical conditions because she jogs every day so she doesn't have any morning sickness. When she got her first trimester baby bump she begins to cry and her parents came from wherever they were in the house and begin yelling at her. I was not prepared for the destruction of her relationship with her father. Her father is furious with her; their relationship status is now in the negative. I wonder how long it will take for their relationship to be repaired. Thank goodness her relationship with her mother is still intact.
Instructor
#2719 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That is what the pause button is for...

I forgot to press it
Mad Poster
#2720 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:03 PM
Looking over the family tree info that Marka93 gives with the hood, I remembered why I moved the Calientes in when I did. According to the family tree info: "Guther Goth needs to marry Cornelia Crumplebottom and have a son named Mortimer. Simis and Jocasta Bachelor need to have a son name Michael and a daughter named Bella. Mortimer Goth needs to marry Bella Bachelor and have a daughter named Cassandra and a son named Alexander. Michael Bachelor needs to marry Dina Caliente".
"Flamenco Caliente needs to marry Nighat Al Mahmoud and have 2 daughters named Dina and Nina (need to be twins)"

I moved the Calientes in when I did so Flamenco would be born at sort of the same time as Mortimer and Bella (didn't quite work out that way) so that Michael Bachelor wouldn't be so much older than Dina.

Since Flamenco is supposed to marry Nighat Al Mahmoud, and the Al Mahmoud family haven't even had her yet and Flamenco is a teen, I wanted to do an extended play period in the Al Mahmoud household so that she would be born and be a teen like Flamenco.

Benazir got pregnant right away, and thankfully gave birth to a girl without having to exit without saving. I played the household from Nighat's birth to being 5 days away from teen and found myself being extremely bored. Ugh, this is when I wish there was a form of Story Progression for Sims 2 to not have to play boring houses like this one. I quit to go do something else, and think I might do the college dorms next time I play.

Nighat has red hair, green eyes and S3 skin. What I'm curious about is how her children with Flamenco will turn out. He has black hair, green eyes and alien skin. Will the born in game Dina and Nina look like the ones in the pre-made Pleasantview, or will they have alien skin?
Theorist
#2721 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:06 AM
Yeah I find the Al Mahmouds pretty boring as well. The worst part is that in my games they had twins >_> So Nighat has a brother and I'll eventually have to find something to do with little Ramiz. I think my biggest problem with a lot of the ancestors right now is that I can't allow them to get too far ahead financially, because the Brokes, Calientes, Don and the Dreamers aren't exactly rich, at least not on the level of the Goths, or even the Pleasants and playing a large number of families that are all perpetually stuck at a low socioeconomic level, not really "allowed" to raise above it, is kinda boring/annoying. And diffciult, because it's sure much easier to make money than lose it in this game.

Anybody ever managed to go from riches to rags in Sims 2?

In my game I just arranged for the possibility of a merriage between the Oldies and the Newbies, because with those names, their family trees simply have to be connected. I left it up to chance to see which family got the son and thus which family name will survive (it's the mid 20th century in my neighbourhood right now, men taking the name of their wives, won't be common for quite a while and Brandie won't have any siblings) so the Oldies had a second son named Andrew and Bob Newbie now has a younger sister named Joy. BTW Mags Newbie (Bob's mother) looks totally like Olive Oil from Popeye....

I also started slowly draining the University premades one-by-one as merriage partners, because I don't want the Pleasantview and Blue Water families to be too much more intertwined than their vanilla game situation would make you think. Still gonna be a fair bit (the Burbs will be distantly connected to the Landgraabs and I've decided that Mama Hick from Sims 1 is Betty Newbies younger sister, Veronica)

It's quite interesting to play those Beginning neighbourhoods, due to all those unique challenges you face in gameplay...
Mad Poster
#2722 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:25 AM
I started with Agnes' private house in college. I wanted to get her and Erik graduated from college. They graduated Summa Cum Laude and moved into the Crumplebottom house. They got married, and ACR immediately kicked in and they woohooed in bed. I heard baby chimes, and the ACR scanner showed that Agnes was pregnant with twins. Erik wanted to go on vacation, but Agnes didn't. I sent him on vacation to the Crumplebottom's vacation home in Twikki Island. He had the want to sunbathe which I hadn't seen before. It took awhile for the want to fill and by the time it did he was very tan.

Erik got a job in his LTW career Gamer. He got a level 8 job, most likely from his college degree. Agnes got a level 3 job in the Adventurer career. I sent Erik to star gaze to get the logic points he needs for his job. I forgot to pause while I was dealing with my cat fighting with my roommate's cat, but when I came back to the computer Erik was getting dropped off by the UFO. Checking the pregnancy scanner showed that Agnes was pregnant with twins, and Erik was alien pregnant with 1 baby. One of the interesting parts of having a Multi PT#8 mod is that the PT that impregnated Simon is different from the PT that impregnated Erik.

Agnes gave birth to twin girls Alice and Cordelia. Erik gave birth to an alien baby girl named Carina. I played the household until the twins became toddlers.
Forum Resident
#2723 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:07 AM
My fantasy medieval hood has been having a lot of kidnappings by elves or fairies today. First it was Gregory Campbell, who was impregnated by King Auberon. Then his sister-in-law was taken and impregnated. At the Newson's, Gallagher was taken and came back as a good warlock. Gabriella was autonomously stargazing a couple of days later, and she was also taken. She came back as an evil witch. Four abductions in three consecutive households, all while stargazing, and two of them resulted in a change of life-state! I'm using Boilingoil's Alien Experiments, and have changed the BCON so that there is only a 1% chance each of good/evil/neutral witches, 1% chance of the each of the other lifestates, 1% chance of personality changes, and 15% chance of nothing happening - pregnancy chance brings the total to 100%. I opened up a couple of other households, and the wants/fears of abduction and those relating to becoming or curing witch lifestate are now common.

Gregory and Jacqueline are knowledge sims with all members of their households having high interest in magic and the supernatural, so they'll be happy to have half-elven family.

I'm not sure what I'll do with Duke Gallagher and Gabriella; they seem to like the magical powers, but I can't see Gabriella being happy as an evil witch and I'm not sure how accepting the royal Steward will be of having the second most powerful lord in the country also being a warlock. The Steward is trying to protect the magic plumbob despite not having any magic of his own and he may see the duke's magic as either a help or a threat. Also, the Steward (Nathan Gavigan), the Picasos, and Ginger Newson are the only sims who know that the rightful king is Garrett. If the Picasos (who have been raising and protecting the Newsons) tell Gallagher, he may take on the role of their protector. But he may also be too focused on study and learning about magic to be a good protector, not to mention busy with administering his duchy - telling him who Garrett is may make hiding Garrett harder. Maybe he'll stay ignorant, but Georgia can later ask him to turn her into a witch and she can be her brother's protector. For now, I'm going to have Gabriella work on shifting her alignment by casting good spells if she rolls wants to cast spells but otherwise let her be - she just turned teen, and I don't have a good sense of her character right now so I want to just observe her. Gavin is heading off to join Ginger at university.

Gallagher and the Picasos showed up as the welcome wagon to the evil witch's tower in the uncanny forest. This household consists of two sims that my children created as young adults - an atrociously evil witch and warlock named Ron and Ylena. Ron was hired by the kingdom's enemies to help assassinate the prior high king, and Ylena is just fascinated by all things supernatural and is evil only because the warlock who gave her powers was evil. I had been planning on ignoring the welcome wagon, as the couple is supposed to be hiding in the deep forest but as Gallagher had just become a good warlock, they were let in. Mary Gavigan also walked by as Ylena was greeting everyone, so four came in for lunch. Ylena wanted to chat and make friends; someone started a kickybag game. Ron started arguments with almost everyone and had a fight with Gallagher. He then wanted to cast a spell, so he had bees chase Jessica and made Gallagher unfit. Ylena later undid that spell while Ron wasn't looking. Ron and Ylena had been engaged since midway through university. They got married after the welcome wagon left, and Ylena quickly became pregnant. Ron is working on becoming a powerful wizard, both by topping his career and by gaining magical skill. He wants to learn where the magic plumbob is hidden and devise a way to steal it. Ylena wants to make and sell potions and meet more supernatural creatures (all winter, she rolled wants to become a werewolf and to meet aliens). At the end of winter, she gave birth to twins named Gwydion and Rhian.
Forum Resident
#2724 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM
testing out my beach home's playability / routing and fishing dock
all seems to be in working order <3
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2725 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:58 PM
The first semester at LGU (attached to Emerald Heights) has ended with following results:

Sara Bellum: A+. She hooked up with Cliff Notes as soon as I loaded a lot (three bolt chemistry!) and is pretty much spending her entire free time in his arms.
Cliff Notes: A+. See above.
Hugh Knowes: A+. Had a thing for Sara, but couldn't get her away from Cliff, and then it rolled away. Finds Ash Wood both attractive and annoying, mostly second.
Ash Wood: C. Finds both Hugh and Andy Bellum somewhat attractive. Rolled a want to choose Drama major. Then wanted to contact Holly and make friends with Maribel Montes. College does wonders to personality.

JoAnn Guttenberg: C. Is madly in love with Andy Bellum. Pretends not to notice clues from Ida Juana Knowe.
Dot Matrix: D. Is on probation, but doesn't care, because she is developing crush on her (straight) professor Claire McArthur. Has some bolts for few dormie guys as well, but doesn't act on them.
Daisy Wheels: C.Wonders why everybody is attracted to everybody else and if she is the only straight girl in campus.

Andy Bellum: C+. Is madly in love with JoAnn. Has a thing for Ida Juana as well. And Ash - maybe. And that dormie guy who he met at Helen's toga party.
Hi Thyme: B. Wonders why Andy gets everyone when he is not even a romance sim. He can keep boys, but could share the girls! Hi hooked up with Helen Wheels, but only because of lack of other options.

Helen Wheels: D. Is on probation. Doesn't care. Is too busy throwing parties in hopes of finding attractive guys.
Ida Juana Knowe - D. Is on probation and doesn't care, because she is falling for both Andy and JoAnn, and it's confusing.
Page 109 of 350