Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 3:05 PM
Default Secret Bookcase doorway technique
So I wanted to build a lot with a secret library, accessed through a door hidden by bookcases that were actually placed on foundation level, but poked through the floor to cover the door. I downloaded the new patch and lo and behold, objects can no longer magically manifest through a solid floor, though apparently a full height bookcase can magically fit in the space of a foundation!

I am very sad about this. Has anyone discovered a workaround for this, or am I the only one dorky enough to want a secret library?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:49 AM
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=126493 I found that link just now. Try it out.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:39 AM
Yyyyyep.

That's the technique I was talking about. After the new patch it is a no go.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:16 AM
Hmm.. I will muck around in my game for some new ways, and ill get back to you.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 2:33 AM
I have actually had this problem pre-patch. It seems as if the game is in a hide-objects mode like in TS2, but we can't change it. Very frustrating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BR_FL
I have actually had this problem pre-patch. It seems as if the game is in a hide-objects mode like in TS2, but we can't change it. Very frustrating.

Entirely possible. Because I'm on a Mac, I'd missed the last few patches due to case-sensitive formatting and had to do some intimate poking and prodding just to get my launcher to download the latest one, so it's possible this issue has been around for awhile and I just didn't know.