Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 5:50 PM
Create Invisible Variant for Object
Granthes's OMSP object mod glitches too often and there hasn't been an update in years to fix it. OMSP is supposed to not appear in live mode, but it does 98% of the time. Me including many other people have to repeat the process of going back into buy mode to delete and undo delete the object to temporarily fix it. I want to combat this by adding an invisible variant/recolor/swatch so that even though the glitch happens it still can't be seen anyway because of the variant. I have seen no tutorials on this by continuously searching the internet. I know it's possible because I have cc objects in my game that have invisible variants.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 11:27 PM
Simply opening Buy Mode and exiting usually resets all the OMSP on my lots, though I'm curious enough to look into it.

I imagine it's as simple as a preset pointing to a blank texture.
I remembered seeing that kind of function on AroundtheSims' custom food stands. Opening it in TSRW reveals that to be the case, the second swatch has no (or rather a tiny transparent) Multiplier.
It's the 'ATS3-object-foodcart-moreslots' from Build-It-Yourself Food Carts if you wanted to take a look at it yourself for an idea of what to replicate with the OMSP file.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 7:31 AM
Another option is not to use OMSP but NRAAS Debug Enabler or Decorator's best friend to move stuff up and down. This way there is no CC required and the objects stay in place even when exporting and sharing a lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Simply opening Buy Mode and exiting usually resets all the OMSP on my lots, though I'm curious enough to look into it.

I imagine it's as simple as a preset pointing to a blank texture.
I remembered seeing that kind of function on AroundtheSims' custom food stands. Opening it in TSRW reveals that to be the case, the second swatch has no (or rather a tiny transparent) Multiplier.
It's the 'ATS3-object-foodcart-moreslots' from Build-It-Yourself Food Carts if you wanted to take a look at it yourself for an idea of what to replicate with the OMSP file.

Thanks, I read your comment the same day you typed it up and I was going to try it, but Norn came up with a simpler solution. I just deleted OMSP completely. I promise if Norn didn't mention the Decorator's Best Friend mod I would have went through with your advice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Another option is not to use OMSP but NRAAS Debug Enabler or Decorator's best friend to move stuff up and down. This way there is no CC required and the objects stay in place even when exporting and sharing a lot.

I have Nraas Debug Enabler, but it's inconvenient in the way that it can only be used in live mode. I have to place the object down in a spot that won't get me the results I want even with moveobjects on because some objects can't be placed on shelves, etc. I would have to move forward or backward which isn't possible so that I can move the object where I really want it. If I'm moving the object up or down I most likely have to guess decimals and hope for the best which I get impatient with.

Lastly, if I go back into buy mode to move the object it will only undo everything I just did. I like watching this youtuber called Tedhi and she is a master at using Nraas Debug Enabler. She even created a tutorial, but it has restrictions. I have tried a few times in my own game. About the Decorator's Best Friend mod, I have seen that around a while back one time, but I didn't download because I was afraid of it being outdated=crashing. I'm glad to know it's ok to use since others still use it. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2023 at 7:10 PM Last edited by 17Masso : 7th May 2023 at 6:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn

Changed my mind again. >.<

With the help of AroundTheSims, I successfully made a invisible variant for Granthes OMSP. I used the Decorator's Best Friend mod, but I had to find each, individual object which was a little time consuming whenever I was on a lot with a lot of objects. My first choice of downloading the mod was obviously me taking the easy route, lol. TRSW just seemed complicated at the time.