Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 5:11 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 21st Oct 2022 at 7:27 PM.
Default Maxis Maps

What's this?
It's not a map, it's a better view of your Maxis maps.

The Maxis maps' thumbnails really don't tell much.

New game? You need a mountain. You find one that looks promising - Alpinloch. Yay! Then you run it :

Creating Pets...
Creating Weather...
Creating Exotic Destinations...
Creating Hobbies...
Creating Magic...
Creating a whole load of premade families you won't keep...

Then it takes 10+ minutes for the whole process. Alpinloch is loaded. Eeek! Pretty mountains, yes, but it's all wonky! Maybe Three Lakes, from Bon Voyage, has pretty mountains and nice flat spaces. So you go again.

Creating Pets, Weather, yada-yada... Another 10+ minutes. Eeek! Three Lakes is TINY! Let's try Riverblossom Hills. So here we go again.

Creating Pets, Weather, yada-yada... Another 10+ minutes. Eeek, pretty, but half of the map is entirely in the shadows. Maybe Belladona Cove would be better? We have to try again yet once more.

Creating Pets, Weather, yada-yada... Another 10+ minutes later, it's still not it, but you've been at it for way too long, so you give up and get stuck with a mediocre map for what was supposed to be your fantastic, special new game.

...Or -NOW- maybe you don't have to!

BEFORE creating your new game, simply come here and look at the ENTIRE MAPS, and choose THE PERFECT MAP immediately. The one that will truly inspire you to shape your new world exactly how you want it to be. You can browse the pictures here, on this page, or you can download them, tidily regrouped in a Zip.

Enjoy!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BillieLith_MaxisHoods_Maps-ALL-THE-MAPS(24).zip (14.64 MB, 87 downloads) - View custom content

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:54 AM
Does this only view the Maxis maps, or is it possible to put in other created maps?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Does this only view the Maxis maps, or is it possible to put in other created maps?

Hi, this is not a program, it is just a group of better pictures of the Maxis Maps.
But if you wish to add pictures of other maps (free maps people can download) I welcome them! Just add them as pictures to your post.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:18 AM
Brilliant! Thanks for taking the time to organize these.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 12:48 PM
Ooooh, I love it! Thank you for your work!~
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:31 PM
Thank you!
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:05 AM
This is a PHENOMENAL contribution - Thank you so much for undertaking this project and especially for sharing it.

Debra
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 10:03 PM
Not gonna lie, but Driftwood is in... the base game?
Theorist
#9 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 9:19 AM
It is, but I think that the hidden Pets neighborhood has that terrain.