Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 2:48 AM
Default Jumpsuits
I really want to make jumpsuits, can someone tell me how to make it?
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 12:38 PM
You could make a new mesh. Which, in theory, shouldn't be hard considering you could just splice together an existing shirt and pants mesh. However, making new non-default meshes is rather tricky...and few (if any) have been done. Atleast I haven't seen any.

So, instead I'd find an existing full outfit mesh (preferably one with pants and a flat top) and play around with the base texture/alpha channel until you get the look you want. The only problem you might run into is those annoying bump maps. But even those can be worked around.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:03 PM
I know there are a few existing jump suit meshes for careers, so if you put in "unlockoutfits on" in your cheat box before entering CAS, you will be able to find some. The only downside I find with them is they are kind of bulky, but that might be what you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
You could make a new mesh. Which, in theory, shouldn't be hard considering you could just splice together an existing shirt and pants mesh. However, making new non-default meshes is rather tricky...and few (if any) have been done. Atleast I haven't seen any.

So, instead I'd find an existing full outfit mesh (preferably one with pants and a flat top) and play around with the base texture/alpha channel until you get the look you want. The only problem you might run into is those annoying bump maps. But even those can be worked around.

Okay so how do I do that
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
Try this tutorial:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/Sims_3:Cr...ew_Base_Texture

You'll want to find a suitable mesh, then follow the extraction process. Next edit the alpha channel of the base texture to look like your jumpsuit.

This shouldn't be hard to do, but it'll take some patience

edit: you could also try playing with the RGB mask of an existing mesh.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by totally random
Okay so how do I do that

On the newest edition of CAS Texture Unitool, you need to locate the files you wanna mess with. Thankfully, the CAS files include the career outfits, so, when you look under Adult>Sex>Body, you should find a few. For instance, I found one under adult>male>body called Forsenicbodysuit_unlock. The tutorial linked above'll help you the rest of the way.

If you just want to recategorize the clothing to casual, formal, etc wear, here's a tutorial for that: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matildarose
On the newest edition of CAS Texture Unitool, you need to locate the files you wanna mess with. Thankfully, the CAS files include the career outfits, so, when you look under Adult>Sex>Body, you should find a few. For instance, I found one under adult>male>body called Forsenicbodysuit_unlock. The tutorial linked above'll help you the rest of the way.

If you just want to recategorize the clothing to casual, formal, etc wear, here's a tutorial for that: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639

Thanks you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matildarose

Heh heh how do u make a romper
Mother Function
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
Heh heh how do u make a romper

Define "romper", I know rompers as the little one-piece suits toddlers wear, but I know rompers have a different definition from region to region.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Define "romper", I know rompers as the little one-piece suits toddlers wear, but I know rompers have a different definition from region to region.

A romper for teens and up are like jumpsuits but they instead of pants they're shorts and usually sleeveless.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:19 PM
A romper for teens and up are like jumpsuits but they instead of pants they're shorts and usually sleeveless.

Hm. Well, keep in mind my skin-making experience is very limited, but the only things you can do without making a completely new mesh (something that was recently figured out by some talented people here in the forums) is to find a maxis mesh that fits what you need, and then create a skin for that.

You have same control over the shape/transparency of the clothing by editing the alpha (there's a tutorial for that in 'Modding Overview'), but you cannot change the physical shape of the mesh itself. Thus, if something has visible sleeves (ie, you can see the sleeve jutting off the arm), no matter what you edit in the alpha, that sleeve's gonna be there- it'll just now look like a physical deformity.