Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:59 PM
Default Question regarding creating bodyhair as accessory for men
Hi all,

This is my first try at modding, so I apologize if I sound stupid.

I am interested in making bodyhair as accessory for men, but so far I have been unsuccessful. The bodyhair shows up well as recolorable, but the body becomes pitch black, as shown in the image. I would like to ask for advice on where I might have done wrongly.

This is what I did:

Use the Gloveburglar as a starting mesh.
Base Texture: replace with the alpha where hair = white, remaining area = black
Clothing Specular: use the grey version of the male body
Clothing Ambient: use the white version of the male body
Overlay: no change, small red square
Mask: no change, small red square (I also tried with yellow for bodyhair area, red for the rest. Same result)
Part Mask: use a white 1024x1024 pixel dds image
Skin Specular: same as Clothing Specular
Skin Ambient: same as Clothing Ambient
No use of any stencil.

Please advise. Thank you very much.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:36 PM
When I did my bodyhair overlay, I used the female long goth gloves as the base, then just changed the gender. Wonky things seem to happen when you use the burglar glove as a base; see if using the female gloves helps you. Also feel free to download and look at my file if you'd like.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
When I did my bodyhair overlay, I used the female long goth gloves as the base, then just changed the gender. Wonky things seem to happen when you use the burglar glove as a base; see if using the female gloves helps you. Also feel free to download and look at my file if you'd like.

Thank you very much Aikea! That really helps!