Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 27
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Strange! That LE apparently means that there is no actual error.

1. Do you have the black plate package ?
2. What interactions appear and do you get a pop out menu on clicking the interactions ?
3. Can you test with only MCCC + this mod ( Base + Black plate + Preserves package) ? [ I have MCCC and the mod in my game right now and cannot reproduce the error so this will be helpful to troubleshoot since i cannot reproduce the error]
4. Do the LE have numbers at the end ?

I had everything but the Black Plate, I added it (and everything else back) and the error is gone now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#277 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:53 PM
I love this mod but it keeps crashing my game when I go to save. I had to remove it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#278 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 12:58 PM
It's really the most beautiful invention!
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:19 PM
Hi, I have the same problem, the canning station doesn't work for me too, please fix it
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michela1390
Hi, I have the same problem, the canning station doesn't work for me too, please fix it

Have you added the Black Plate package to your Mods folder (to the other files of this mod)?
If not, try that first.
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:36 PM
Yes but it still doesn't work
Test Subject
#282 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:32 AM
Hey, its me again, I got the canning station to show up but when I click on it, it doesn't show any recipes. Is it supposed to be like that?
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michela1390
Yes but it still doesn't work

Okay, let's see. I break this down step by step, so no offense intended.
Have you Outdoor Retreat installed?
Custom Content and Script Mods are enabled in-game?
Your Game is fully patched?
Have you downloaded at least icemunmun_Canning_Base.rar, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA.rar, icemunmun_Black_plate.rar?
(And if you have some of icemunmun's custom harvestables also icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom.rar?)
Have you unzipped all of them and put the package files in your Sims4/Mods folder under documents?
Does the packages show up in the custom content dialogue when you load the game?

If yes for all of them the canning station mod should be there, try a search in buy mode for 'canning station' (or the name in your game language if the mod is already translated to it).

@VickieV980 You've downloaded at least one of this icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA.rar or icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom.rar? If yes, than first your sim has no canning skill, so the only thing your sim can make is Apple Jam. For this to appear he needs at least 6 apples in his inventory otherwise your sim can't make apple jam and it's greyed out.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:45 PM
Yes, I have acquired all skills but when I click on the apple jam, nothing happen and I don't know why
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:48 PM Last edited by michela1390 : 18th Dec 2017 at 4:01 PM.
Thanks anyway I try again and I will inform you
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:33 PM
Nothing happened and I don't know why please help me
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:25 PM
There were a conflict with other mod, thanks the same, now it works
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#288 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:43 PM
Can I just say that you are awesome @Jevi ? Thank you so very much :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:38 PM
Can I just say that you are awesome @Jevi ? Thank you so very much :lovestruc

Thank you that's nice @icemunmun
You're welcome and you can, but it's nothing big really just trying to help where I think I can.
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:46 PM
Hi. My sim made two jars of apple jam and the mod stopped working. I didn't even leave the game, he just couldn't make the third. I sold the object and bought a new one, reseted both the sim and the object and still doesn't work. Any ideas I how to solve this weird issue?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#291 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akin_
Hi. My sim made two jars of apple jam and the mod stopped working. I didn't even leave the game, he just couldn't make the third. I sold the object and bought a new one, reseted both the sim and the object and still doesn't work. Any ideas I how to solve this weird issue?

Did you get any last exception/error generation ? Did you have enough apples in your inventory ? (each jar requires 6 harvestable)
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Akin_ : 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:00 PM.
Did you get any last exception/error generation ? Did you have enough apples in your inventory ? (each jar requires 6 harvestable)

Over 50 apples available, no error. Studying the skill with the book has the same problem. The action doesn't even show in the queue. It's just like I never clicked. Again, it worked fine for 2 jars and suddenly stopped.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#293 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 5:05 AM
Hi! I turned the game off and then on again and it worked again!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#294 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akin_
Hi! I turned the game off and then on again and it worked again!

I am so glad you got it to work But the bug was seriously weird!
Test Subject
#295 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 5:32 PM

Do we need Outdoor Retreat to use this mod?
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlwaysinPurple

Do we need Outdoor Retreat to use this mod?

Yes you do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#297 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:41 PM
awesome job
Instructor
THANKS POST
#298 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:24 PM
Great Job :)
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:48 PM
My canning station doesn't show parsnip pickles.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#300 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
My canning station doesn't show parsnip pickles.

It somehow went missing when I updated for pets! i am preparing a big update now and parsnip pickles has been added back! thanks for the report
Page 12 of 27