Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:50 PM
Default Tell us about your World(s)?
This is open for interpretation. To help on a head start?

What's happening at this current time? What's the history? Any news? What are residents that inhabit? Inspiration from? Political/Economic Status? Geography? Interesting facts? Interesting sights? Authentic lots? Write an encyclopedic-guide article about it If you want

At the moment, I'm just starting out with this game. Playing Bridgeport and Twinbrook at the moment. I probably won't be changing much, but I might enable story progression and retell the resident stories (although, doesn't seem to be appriopate to my own thread I'm questioning this) by updating it all in my comments. Though I'm tempting to start my own or download a new map, just llike I dis with TS2.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:38 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 4th Sep 2018 at 5:28 PM.
What is there to tell, that hasn't yet been told? I'm still in Bridgeport. I'm not leaving anytime soon, either, because I have an informal commitment to the damn hellhole. I'm the guy responsible for turning the sad little Sim cesspool that is Bridgeport into a living, thriving, throbbing metropolis of about 2 million. And while I can honestly say that I've been doing an okay job so far, I've only really just gotten started. The real Bridgeport will span about 4 Sim worlds, each filled with some 100-150 custom Sims, and maybe a dozen lots each. Over a span of 4 months I can expect to create 2 new lots, 2 new objects and about 25 new Sims, so do the math.

I haven't yet gone out of my way to try to tie it all together but I have a good idea of all the relevant history, geography and culture. I can point it out on a map, I can tell you what the tallest buildings are and when they were built. I can tell you the city's baseball team, the year it was founded, what the best way is to get from Westumberland & E. Carlisle Av. to the turnoff for Bogaard at Wellinger Drive......namely, you get on the C-Line train at Mill Bank Plaza and transfer onto the D-Line across the bay, where you get off and walk for roughly 5 minutes along the busy Wellinger. But only after 1989, because there wasn't a crossbay subway line until then. So I guess you'll just have to take a bus if you're in the '88 version.

I tried to build the place in Cities: Skylines once but a general lack of skill kind of beached the whole effort. Few screenshots remain.

I'd post some more material, but I don't want to be spoiling my present efforts. I'm doing a bit of work here and there, first and foremost in TS3 itself, and it's coming along nicely. With a bit of luck it'll look like Cities: Skylines anyway.
I mean, what's Bridgeport anyway? What specifically is Bridgeport as of the late 1980s? It's big business, it's rush hour, it's graffiti, it's gritty alleyways and rampant substance abuse on all levels of the socio-economic scale. It's people in Italian suits and luxury sedans on one end, hauling around briefcases and portable telephones, and it's the "inner city" on the other. Living out on the street, getting in trouble, listening to hiphop and making a scene. An art scene, a breakdancing scene, an underground rap scene, a house music scene, or maybe just a wholesome suburban Americana scene. Maybe you should watch this cheesy 1987 documentary for a watered-down, PG-13 answer to what the hell is going on in my worlds. Consider these factors and how one would attempt to translate them into The Sims.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:37 PM
How's the crime in your bridgeport? Is it swirling in police sirens?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:18 PM
I don't really pay it any attention. Regular crime levels I guess? It's a major city anno the 1980s, so there's going to be more crime than we're used to, but it's still a non-issue. There's drugs being sold here, people being shot there. Nothing out of the ordinary.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I transformed the university town into a regular town with its population of students and professors made regular inhabitants. The university buildings were transformed into various rabbit holes according to their use, for instance the administration center became the town hall etc. The current residents are the descendants of the student population. I replaced the original surnames with the Polish names and the newly born children have been given Polish names as well. It makes me feel more related to the town and its residents. I changed the temperature to imitate the continental warm summer/cold winter temperate climate and changed the time when the sun rises and sets in winter and summer.

I woud Lithuanian-ize my towny names If I knew how. I will have to look up for a tutorial anyway.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 8:01 PM
I don't think Polish names will work in English version, since the English version doesn't have full character coding. For example, the character Å› doesn't work in English version. Similarly, some Czech characters, like Å™, also doesn't work in the English version. I am not sure. though, if all Czech characters work in Polish version and vice versa as I never tested that, but I would be surprised if it did.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:33 PM
I'm Lithuanian and would love If that language was available to choose for my game.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 3:00 PM
I downloaded Newark Banks (http://one-plumbbob.tumblr.com/post...ld-overview-and) and am playing it as a New England coastal town that I'm calling Averford Island. It has more rich people who don't do anything than working class.
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:43 PM
I think my "old Hollywood / LA" savegame town is completed in the midtown section... mostly thanks to jje1000's Boroughsburg buydebug filler deco townhouses, which are, true, made for the East Coast, but some of them fit nicely to the West Coast, too. Aroundthesims3's decorative high-rises set is a great help, too. Now I look around and when I realize that now it's time to arrange the Pacific seashore line and "Beverly Hills" too, I just moan with despair, I can't imagine to spend time with grinding Spanish revival celebrity villas and bungalow courts for the script writer folks. I think I just stay in downtown and continue with my humble bartender mixologist girls and service garage men who only dream about moving into celebrity mansions.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:33 AM
Evermore Falls is a new colonial settlement in what is now Maine started in 1635 with the Jankowsky family and later on the I vanovitch family arrived in the fall of that year and they've been suriving there with expansions on their homes though it's now late spring in the year of 1637 and they've been getting some dry weather lately which might turn into a drought if it continues.The Ivanovitch family is currently finding they've begun to outgrow their currentl home and will have to move to their other lot soon as it's a larger lot.
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:16 PM
My current world is Buildersville because it's one of the few, nice custom worlds I can find that don't require majority of EPs to play. I have the season set to only Spring, so I am aiming to make the houses and public places with more flowers and trees than I usually do, but always have to make sure to have an 'inside' spot as well. Just in case snow appears and staying outside is too cold. I have no real 'theme' or 'era' in mind.
Theorist
#13 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
jje1000's Boroughsburg

Holy cow....I did not know about this hood! Why was this not more widely covered??

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 7:22 PM
It was pretty widely covered, at least in my circles.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I downloaded Newark Banks (http://one-plumbbob.tumblr.com/post...ld-overview-and) and am playing it as a New England coastal town that I'm calling Averford Island. It has more rich people who don't do anything than working class.

Hey, do you have the file for this world? Looks like the download link doesn't work anymore