Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 11:04 PM
Default Trouble with simPE
I had Windows Vista on this pc when I bought it, {years ago}. but in time I messed it up so I put in Windows 7. Now SimPE won't recognize Windows 7. When an error occurs it say's Vista is the operating system. I called a Dell tech and ask him how to take Vista off and put Windows 7 in it;s place, but to no avail. He was not familiar with the program. So I went to SimPE home place,{http://sims.ambertation.de/en} and there is no one there anymore. So if anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be great, or if you know who I might asked to fix this. Thanks Peggy
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Book-em-Peg
I had Windows Vista on this pc when I bought it, {years ago}. but in time I messed it up so I put in Windows 7. Now SimPE won't recognize Windows 7. When an error occurs it say's Vista is the operating system. I called a Dell tech and ask him how to take Vista off and put Windows 7 in it;s place, but to no avail. He was not familiar with the program. So I went to SimPE home place,{http://sims.ambertation.de/en} and there is no one there anymore. So if anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be great, or if you know who I might asked to fix this. Thanks Peggy

it's a small detecting bug that SimPE has. I got windows 7 and it's telling me the same thing, but you don't need to worry about it, it should run just as great as on Vista and older windows versions. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 9:13 PM
@Greenplumbbob Thank you for letting me know this is a small detecting bug. I don't mind that but I still can't see the item I made in the plug-in view. Oh well guess that's just something I will have to live with. But thank you lots and lots. Peggy
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 6:50 PM
You mean that the plugin window isn't there, or you want to view your mesh in the 3D viewer but SimPE gives you this error/just doesn't show up?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 3:11 PM
It's not strictly a SimPE bug - Windows 7 calls itself Vista in various places, because 7 is largely based on the same code as Vista.

So yes, this isn't related to the OP's SimPE problem - but we can certainly try to solve that too, with some more information about what exactly is going wrong?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.