2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#3026 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM
I’m trying to do a “fast rotation” in my Hood, because some of my Sims needs makeover to them and also to their houses, so I pick a random house to decorate some of the rooms and the habitants of the house and just play it a little with them, just enough to continue some storylines or to create new circumstances. The Kim Family is always an odd choice to play, but I try to keep them fun, right now they don’t have a proper storyline with the rest of the town, maybe they need more children in the house. I can’t see them in an adulterous storyline for now.

Also Malcolm Landgraab IV and his wife Sasha Flair-Landgraab are trying to impress the people on Bluewater Village for the upcoming elections of representatives for the Public Council, this will be the first time that regular people outside the Council leaded by Homero Goth will have power to make changes or critics to the laws of the city. It will be two representatives by sector (Nocturna, Bluewater Village, Old Town Center and Riverside). Sasha and Malcolm want to secure the two spots for them and for their business.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Advertisement
Scholar
#3027 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 12:56 AM
It's been a busy time over at Academie Le Tour. Jonah Powers tried coasting his way through college, but to no avail - he failed his 4th semester and was expelled after being on Academic Probation! Part of this was due to having too much fun with Roxie Sharpe, the other half was just being downright lazy.

Roxie hasn't had the easiest time either. She was three months pregnant with triplet boys when Jonah was expelled, but the last semester didn't go well for her. She too is now on AP, but has a good chance of scraping through next term (close to getting the required skill point). Still, doing that while caring for Kaden, Melvin and Waylon is likely to be hard work... she thinks brother Edwin will be able to help...
Technically he will... but having hit it off with Delilah O'Feefe, he's now a dad to baby Xanthe. However, he desperately wants to propose, but decided to wait til his 3rd year to do so. Now that he has reached that point, the proposal is imminent and Edwin wants Delilah and Xanthe to move in with them. This is going to be a stupidly crowded household!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#3028 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:53 AM
At my Academie le Tour, twins, Lizzie and Paula Bear, moved into a dorm together. Paula quickly met the love of her life but no-one in the dorm appealed to Lizzie, least of all Ivan Stoli whose eyes were just too weird and his face a little lumpy. She decided to move to a bigger dorm. She was doing well, majoring in mathematics, but was disgusted by the cockroaches hanging around outside. She got sick but it didn't stop her flirting with John M(unpronounceable name). But she coughed and coughed and cried. She went to bed to rest but died when she woke the next day. Ivan, meanwhile was found dead in Friends creek. No-one knows if it was accident or suicide (he was quite attracted to Lizzie).
Mad Poster
#3029 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM
When Mortimer and Bella were murdered by ghosts in their house, Cassandra went to live with her grandparents. She was very happy, there. But, she did like to play with the genie lamp. One early mistake caught Cornelia in it's vortex and aged her back to an adult. It also gave her a baby, her beloved little girl, Crumplebottom. When Gunther got home, he went to backwater area and bartered for a blessed object that changed him back to an adult as well. The group was very happy. But, Cassandra missed her parents, so she played with the genie lamp again and wished for her dad.

She's not really great with the lamp. Her great grandfather, Vitcor appeared instead. He wasted no time in aging himself back to an adult.

Cassandra still didn't give up. Now a teenager, she was worried because Vitcor wanted her married. He considers her dead weight. She can't go to school or work. What else is she good for? Might as well marry her off. So, she went back to the genie. She thought if she could get her great grandfather promoted in his job, he would ease up on her.

This spell resulted in her grandfather's getting a huge promotion, but it also cost her grandather, Gunther's life, and the life of little Crumplebottom. Cornelia was inconsolable, so much so that the family moved from their apartment. Their wealth allowed them to buy a small home in the government seat. It's too small, especially now that Cornelia had the baby she was expecting when Gunther died. They aren't supposed to be able to add to it, but Vitcor's money spread around in the right places has bought them some latitude.

That's good because Vitcor invited his friend, Zachary Nelson over to meet Cassandra. Zachary was looking for a mother for his little girl, Doll, who was the result of his visit with the aliens. One quick wedding later and Cassandra has a full-time job caring little Doll.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3030 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:07 PM
The Newtown emergency shelter families have finally all got stoves and the first new houses are beginning to go up. Dulcie deLeche married her long-time boyfriend Jay McCullough (Asian Tricou), who took her name, in a ceremony in the backyard of the emergency compound unit where they live with Jay's oldest sister's family. The ceremony was marred for Jay by food poisoning, but everyone else had a good time. They'll be honeymooning at the family vacation home in Twikkii, and no doubt he'll be well by the time they return.

Next door, Camryn Gergis, wife of Guy (Goth Boy Tricou), was safely delivered of a black-haired, green-eyed baby girl named Emerald. No one in this household of Swingin' Bachelors is very sure how to deal with her, but they're trying. The household consists of the Gergises, Guy's frat brother Ricky Cormier, Ricky's uncle Gary "Goopy" Gilscarbo, Ricky's on-again-off-again girlfriend Brittany Parker, and Brittany's sorority sister Jordan Carlson. Brittany was awake in the wee hours of the morning and when she found that Gary was, too, she invited him to come check out the newly-opened Omnivore Cafe with her. They fell in love over blueberry pie and banana-chocolate pancakes, but are they really going to woohoo in Camryn and Guy's bed? Only time will tell as the date wasn't finished when the sun came up and my time to close the lot came. It's all good either way, as I fed all three of them Anti-Jealousy potions; but once she filled her want to fall in love with Gary Brittany started rolling Pleasure wants rather than date wants. Gary, of course, is ready to get on with the making out...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3031 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:47 AM
Poor Oliver. He was promoted twice in a row, yet his employers didn't care since they seemed to run him ragged and starving. I tried to save him by queuing for him to run over to the fridge and grab an instant meal as soon as he got home, only for lightning to finish the hit his boss intended for him as soon as he got out of the car. He's lucky Grim glitched and I had to exit without saving, essentially saving his life (maybe next time, Ollie). Two of his mafia coworkers were arrested as well, so no wonder the criminal career's the only non-NPC job that's appeared in the newspapers as of late.

I also had one of the worst pregnancies I've ever had in my game - I struggled to keep Heloise from the cycle of hunger-sleep deprivation as her needs rapidly dropped, and she nearly died during childbirth. Thank goodness her wife autonomously helped out with the housework and finances (by playing with the Gamer career reward ) and was on top of childcare at that. As soon as Heloise gave birth, she took the baby from her exhausted wife without my prompting. My first thought was that Heloise handed the baby over to her, but it was Gerde who somehow initiated the action while I was trying to figure out how to save Heloise's life. I think that was a glitch or something, but that's one of the best glitches I've seen in a while. :lovestruc

Meanwhile I have a Family sim, Callum; he's already an adult, but he's barely made any friends and has a habit of autonomously arguing with strangers despite being midway nice. He has an apartment neighbor who's had a crush on him since their university days, yet he was too oblivious to notice. A few rotations ago, he befriended his townie superior at work, and I noticed that she was actually romantically interested in him. He didn't seem to reciprocate so I forgot about her, until he finally fell in love with her while I was playing another household. She moved in, and I was surprised that he was the only sim she ever had romantic relations with. ACR set her up with high autonomy due to the Pleasure aspiration and it's been several rotations since the hood was created, so I'd have thought that she'd have met someone by now; she has several triple-bolter best friends in her panel.

Well, it works out since they seem to be happy with each other, but Seeta next door keeps coming out to stare at their apartment door rather eerily in the middle of the night...

Otherwise, I've been grungifying Down On Your Luck Hostel, rebuilding the asylum (When will it ever be done? I keep changing my mind about the layout.), and playing around in my fantasy and human hoods. This is what I do on my day off due to injury since it's not like I can do much physical work at the moment.

Pictures for the interested:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3032 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:24 PM
For those who haven't heard and are interested, my game on my new computer...

Oh yeah. Like nothing I have ever seen before. First thought was that Coral bay was hit by a bomb. I thought it must have horribly corrupted on it's trip to my external and over to my new computer and held a silent funeral. Well through some more testing because darn it I really don't want to start from scratch unless I absolutely have to and how could it possible corrupt so badly? I tested a fresh copy without CC and it was fine. Then I tested a fresh Pleasantview with my download folder and low and behold it's not the hood! it's something in my download folder. o.O Oh see those blobs in the sim bin those are sims changed to tiny pieces. I organized my download folder and started the 50/50 last night. It looks like it isn't in H-Z, but since the bomb only goes off on saving, either in CAS or in the hood I may test each side a few times. Anyway that is what my game is up to.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3033 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:43 AM
Oh my...in the second picture, you could almost say that this sim if full of himself huh...
I hope you get this sorted quick poor you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3034 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:10 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 30th Mar 2018 at 2:29 AM.
Haha yeah. Well I am down to testing F and G folders now. I am wondering if it could possibly be an NPC in the farm folder.
Farm,(possible) Floor_walls(doubtful), Food, (possible) Furniture, garden and grunge.

*cries* it's not in there either. D and E worked fine by themselves, and F and G worked fine by themselves, it must be some kind of jive between two pieces of CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3035 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:59 AM
So due to bad planning and me clicking "try for baby" once by accident. There's a bit of a screw-up with ages in my beginning neighbourhood. The ages will be out of proportions in relation to one another anyways when compared to "canon" Pleasantview, but beyond that, at the end of the current fall rotation Don Lothario is a child, Cassandra a toddler and Nina and Dina have just been born (a few hours after their grandfather was taken by the grim reaper...)
Also, while Nina is a redhead like in canon, Dina actually has black hair. And I'm very happy about that

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Whut the? How does that even happen? Let us know what caused this once you find out. And good luck with getting everything in order...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3036 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:22 AM
It's getting more complicated by the minute as it appears to be multiple files working together. So I need my deco, furniture and floor/walls folders in together to make it crash. I am assuming a few files corrupted when I saved my Download folder to my external hard drive. If it was just a single file I would have found it by now. If I only have deo in or only F in, it doesn't crash. Even if I put furniture into 3 it doesn't, but together it does. So going to try half furniture then add one back in at a time. If I can't find the culprits I guess I will have to redo those folders over from scratch. Whatever they are, it's messing up when I save which is why it's messing up the sims.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3037 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:01 AM Last edited by Sketching : 30th Mar 2018 at 9:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I've seen that glitch with the sim avatar replacing the building... I completely forgot the specifics, but I saw the same thing reblogged by someone else on tumblr a few months back. Apparently the hood corrupted and started switching files out with each other, though that might not be helpful in your case since it might be a CC-problem. I hope you'll be able to fix it though!

Also, it's taken me a couple of days to figure out what went wrong with the baby clothes I made. Now I just have to fix them. Never mind, back to finagling.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3038 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:14 AM
@Sketching you might want to hail simmer22 who makes lots of baby clothes.

With mine my hood plays fine with the download folder out, but put it in and save and it corrupts it, pretty badly it seems. I certainly wouldn't mind a link to anyone who's had this issue though.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3039 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:59 PM
While I was messing around with custom paintings and custom meshes this happened. I guess something went fubar somewhere but it has its artistic something if you ask me.
Screenshots

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#3040 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:58 PM
Alexandir and Palm Sunday Zimmerman and their five dogs just moved into an apartment in Watershire on the Veronaville space colony. They are both supposed to be trying make it as novelists, but they only have one computer, and they can't stay away from each other long enough to write a sentence.

The triplets they just had are going to make it harder to concentrate, too.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#3041 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:16 PM
@joandsarah77, I managed to fix the clothes, but I'll hail her the next time it gets too difficult. Thank you.

My ISP is atrocious at the moment, though I think I recall seeing the post through either vimpse or keoni - sifting through everything might take a while, however, and I'm not entirely sure. I tried looking elsewhere, and the closest thing I found so far was this (specifically the attached corrupted thumbnail picture), and it's rather old and was more related to widescreen resolution problems.
Mad Poster
#3042 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
In Tinsel Town, the newest residents are meeting one another and the older ones as well.

There's trouble brewing because some of the love arrows are matching up the engaged ones with the single ones and it's going to be unpleasant by the time I play the established residents because they've just met the love of their lives who is not their present intended spouse.

Ah, but I love drama! There ought to be enough to keep this neighborhood popping for quite some time..although I dread the wedding days....

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Link Ninja
#3043 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:10 PM
On a whim last night I made a community lot for one of my downtowns. It has an indoor pool, dance room and art room, and then some chess boards - so a good community center type place to get skills in creativity, body, or logic. I was play testing and it crashed, though not sure what the factor was. It was snowing, so maybe it was about to get 'snow covered' ground but it was too much on top of the large lot. I'll try again tonight.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3044 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
Love that lot, but I find that having everything to do with skills, socializing and just plain fun in one huge lot is sometimes overwhelming to the computer. Which is why I break the lots up into smaller use ones. The number of objects and the sheer size of the lot containing them is possibly the reason it crashed. This game is real fussy about that kind of lot and the size.

Of course I'm speaking from my experience-yours will vary, I'm sure..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3045 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
I now have a hood full of sims with names like boo, hiss and growl and have still not found out whatever magic combination of files is doing this, right now it looks like its a number of files interacting. For example, cut my furniture folder into 3, each third by itself plays fine, but put them together and it's no dice. Give me one corrupt easy to find file anyday. I may yet have to redo some of my Download folders from scratch.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3046 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:41 PM
Before you try another combination of bunch, could you try the HCDU on it and see what comes up maybe? I am sure this is a silly suggestion as your DL folder worked prior to the re-instal..but I'm trying.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3047 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:41 AM
Well I would, but this its deco, floors and furniture. My mods folder worked just fine.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3048 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:39 AM
Another day, another round of Uni craziness!

For ease of playing, I decided to merge the First Year and the Students households, with surprising results! Ellen Frost chose to get together with Tom Freshe, who popped the question over breakfast one morning. The marriage date isn't yet set, but Tom's already worried he'll be left at the altar.
Meanwhile, Fin Furley has befriended Jerry Sheard, the cow mascot (his choice, by the way) and Emily Lee has fallen in love with dormie Marc Wise. Chaz Whippler has suddenly felt the need to study - I'd expected him to do a Jonah and coast through to the point of expulsion!
While it's looking unlikely that any will graduate with Honours, they're all still on course for a timely finish.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#3049 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:10 AM
I caved and made another (completely empty) neighborhood, and I'm trying to completely fill it up with my own sims. I kind of realized that I wasn't enjoying Pleasantview's story as much as my other sims I had made myself that are in it. So, uh, here we are! I'm weak!
Inventor
#3050 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I caved and made another (completely empty) neighborhood, and I'm trying to completely fill it up with my own sims. I kind of realized that I wasn't enjoying Pleasantview's story as much as my other sims I had made myself that are in it. So, uh, here we are! I'm weak!

Don't worry about it. It's your game, your world after all. If you prefer your own custom hoods, it's nothing to be ashamed of. As long as your game and computer are safe, have fun.
Page 122 of 351