Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:56 PM
Default My Sims 4 Game keeps on shutting down plz. help
My Sims 4 Game keeps on shutting down every time it's in play mode or when I want to add a new sim. when the sims game shuts down, a pop-up pops stating, "Sims 4 has stopped working' and later they would send me an explanation of why it keeps on happening, but it never does. I have had this problem for half a year and it started happening ever since I got the vampire pack. I thought it was the mods that I have were the problem, but even when I disable them in the game, it still shuts down. Plz Help, I would really like to play my characters.

My PC Info: CyberPower PC
Windows 10 home
Processor: Intel core i7-6700k CPU 4.00 GHz
Ram: 32 GB
System: 64-bit
Graphics card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:43 AM
1. Take your mods folder completely out, remove tray folder as well, and any saves - put them somewhere else temporarily (like your downloads folder or an external drive), and do not delete . Delete cache files.
2. start your game.
3. Still crashing? do you have your game settings too high? tried to repair your game using origin?
4. If it only crashes when you put in your mods folder - you may have mods for another game (ts2, ts3) , your mods folder may need some fixing, your mods may need some updating, there may be broken mods, you may have too many.
5. Do you get an error code? write it down or take a pic and research. That has helped me figure it out.