Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
Default Maxis empty fridge - door open
I guess I've never let my sims run out of food, because, today, for the first time, I saw a sim open the door of the fridge (Coldinator) to check for food and walk off leaving it standing open so i could see inside that it was empty. Does this object exist in this state as a separate object - like could we extract the empty fridge with the door open as a decorative object? Has it been done? Or is that not how these states work?
It would cool for our financially challenged sims. So, I guess I'm looking for an empty Maxis fridge with the door standing open as a decorative object.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:21 AM
There are empty fridges but none with the door left open, I had that happen once on a fridge once. (not empty) The door left open is just a glitch. I am sure somebody could mesh a fridge like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are empty fridges but none with the door left open, I had that happen once on a fridge once. (not empty) The door left open is just a glitch. I am sure somebody could mesh a fridge like that.

Hm, maybe so, it didn't seem like a glitch. It seemed quite deliberate, like a way of letting the player know it's empty. But maybe. But if it does exist, shouldn't it be extractable somehow? At the least, the fridge with the empty shelves showing on one side must be there somewhere, right?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:13 AM
No the door does not stay open to let the player know its empty, as I said above (but not very well) I had that gitch once but the fridge was not empty. There are plenty of empty fridges but the door is closed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No the door does not stay open to let the player know its empty, as I said above (but not very well) I had that gitch once but the fridge was not empty. There are plenty of empty fridges but the door is closed.

Good to know. Thanks.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:36 PM
The open version of the fridge is going to be one of the meshes in the fridge game file (or it might be that the connection of the door to the body of the fridge changes - I don't know this). All the objects that are 'animated' are basically collections of meshes in different states and what the game does is substitute one state for another when required. What's probably happened here is the call for the closed version of the fridge to appear once the sim walked away got interrupted. You could probably extract that version of the fridge and clone it into a standalone object.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The open version of the fridge is going to be one of the meshes in the fridge game file (or it might be that the connection of the door to the body of the fridge changes - I don't know this). All the objects that are 'animated' are basically collections of meshes in different states and what the game does is substitute one state for another when required. What's probably happened here is the call for the closed version of the fridge to appear once the sim walked away got interrupted. You could probably extract that version of the fridge and clone it into a standalone object.

That's what I was thinking. Do you know how to identify the different state objects? Or do you mean all the meshes are in that same file if I clone the fridge?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That's what I was thinking. Do you know how to identify the different state objects? Or do you mean all the meshes are in that same file if I clone the fridge?

They should be there in the file though now I think about it a bit more, I have a feeling that the door will be a separate part of the mesh and what will change with it is it's orientation and position - the drawers do that when sims open them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
Thank you!