Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1101 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 10:26 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Feb 2024 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
Nobody's putting words in your mouth. You made a claim that the fact that Sims 3 forums are dead is proof that the game is so buggy as to be unplayable. My point is that how dead or alive a community is is not an accurate measure of how well it runs on everyone's computers. If you go on YouTube, you will see just as many complaints about TS4 being broken as we heard for TS3.

However, the reason why people are actively posting about the game is what I said earlier--they're using it as an extension of social media, where they'll do nothing but spend hours in CAS crafting a hot and sexy waifu/virtual BF and begging for compliments online, making sim selves and posting "selfies" of themselves having experiences in-game or getting into a lot of drama online. People playing TS3 are just playing the game. They also are older than the average TS4 player base (who are tweens to college age) and aren't as interested as posting online as kids and college aged kids.

Well, I think you are creating the dichotomy that if I criticize the sims 3, I am one of those superficial 12-year-old players who don't understand anything and only cares to cosmetic things. This is not the case. I can objectively criticize all the games and especially the sims 3 having been here from the beginning. Also all those "disagreements" come from people who feel emotionally attached to the game and are unable to see objectively where my words come from.

I totally agree with what you say about sims 4 community, but I still think that the terrible optimization of s3 has turned off a lot of the game and the community, leaving only the truly interested with the patience to "fix" it. I don't think your opinion is in contrast to mine.

My point is; There is an active Sims 3 community, I have never denied that, but it would be much larger if the game had not been left in that state.

And I repeat, just because the sims 3 seem so inaccessible to casual players to me, does not mean that I think they are inferior to sims 4, I think they are far superior and if damn EA came out with a fix to use more ram the game would overshadow sims 4, That's precisely why I think they make sure that never happens.

All of you who say you have been around for 30 or 40 generations are playing with one or two families, not with 15 or 20 like me. Be honest.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1102 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 10:58 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Feb 2024 at 11:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I never said you were 12. You are getting me confused with another poster, who said they weren't 12 and said that for a different reason than you're accusing me of saying.

The point of bringing up age, once again, is that you can't use a community as proof of how technically stable a game is. If the majority of people who play TS4 are under 24 and the ones who play TS3 are older, then of course you're going to see more activity on the TS4 side. Kids, teens and twenty-somethings are social media-obsessed and image-conscious. Older people are not.

It wasn't you, but I was referring to the sims 3 defender group that was created out of nowhere. The phrase "sims 3 forum is dead" seems to have been somewhat insulting, but that was not my intention.

In that sense, all games comply with the same deliberate business negligence and lack of seriousness and respect for consumers. 2,3 and 4.

EDIT: Well, I do think that the state of a game influences the number of people who play it and make content, that there are also people criticizing 4 and at the same time making videos and content is because 4 is the latest game and it is "new ", the same thing happened with 3.

EDIT2: I have the proof that the game is not stable with my experience and the comments of people who think the same as me, if we add the fact that people make less content everything indicates that is a thing that influences. If we start to compare, which I didn't want to do because it seems unfair to me (precisely for how broken s3 is), Sims 2 is older and receives more content and videos than Sims 3. And Sims 2 players are supposed to arrive before you. So we must be more or less the same age. LOL

EDIT3: Well, I see that I will have to ignore the crazy fans of the s3 and s4 again. xDDDD
Mad Poster
#1103 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I get what you're saying, but they are using these "useless" features as leverage to charge people money to make them useful. Whether that was done intentionally or not I don't know, but it is gross either way.

It has been a mystery for the past couple of years of how they could possibly have 'years worth of content' for TS4; now we know. For the low price of $9.99, they are going to make all the useless things they added since release, useful... in theory anyway. Where there is new game play, there is always plenty of bugs.

TS4 is loaded to the brim with cheaty things to keep sims happy. TS4 is not TS1 where a player had to pay attention and actually play to keep sims happy. Yes, there are also lots of cheaty things in TS3 too, but with TS3, a person can ignore them if they wish. In TS4, they're used as a selling point. There is a difference.

I’ve made my peace with EA trying to nickel and dime people. I doubt EA said “were going to ask jewelry 10 years down the road and cut this from the base game.”

Being frank, they didn’t execute expansion packs well early. They added content they would have been better fleshed out in a pack better suited for the theme. Instead, things are just there and underdeveloped and CANNOT be done again.

For example, retail could have been saved and improved in time for Dine Out. It would have been a proper business expansion with budget and support.

Get Together should have focused on actual group activities and introduce group hobbies to make the club feature more appealing - instead it focuses on base game activities.

Jewelry Making would have been a great hobby to invest in and turn into a proper retail business with a business expansion. There are stones and metals to collect, fabricate, and sell.

We can say all day what they could have done but that’s nearly a decade ago.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1104 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 2:33 PM
There are different levels in the amount of things a player must take on when it comes to "fixing" a game, and the sims 3 is what it is, without taking into account that it is actually the company's responsibility to leave it in optimal condition.

You continually read people saying that they are fed up with EA releasing broken and misleading things just to make the trailer and people buying broken things that will never be fixed correctly. They've been doing it for 20 years. Seriously, criticizing that practice is something that offends you? You haven't done the sims 3, it's not your fault they suck.

And I think you can make an open world game that has the best of Sims 2 and 3, simply make districts and divide worlds into loading zones, or a thousand other ideas. It even stops making huge empty worlds that are useless and only cause routing problems and limits the game to smaller worlds but with good animations and dynamics.

And again, sims 3 is completely limited to 32 bits and a thousand other things, it didn't work before and it works in fits and starts now, and it's still stuck because EA has no corporate responsibility and its strategy was to decrease with sims 4, leaving sims 3 completely bloated and broken .
Field Researcher
#1105 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 2:50 PM
Just to be clear, I don't work for Paralives either. I've just been a Sims fan since I was a pre-teen and around the time of Sims 3, I started wishing for an alternative. There were so many scams over the years that I started to think maybe an alternative would never come. So when Paralives was announced and I saw their project plans, I was finally excited to see something coming down the pipe. And an indie game no less, I love indie games. Now we have a whole handful of life sims in development or available to play and it's a great time to be a life sim fan. I will defend all the newbies coming around, especially the indie developers who don't have the resources to actually compete with the big dogs like The Sims/EA or LBY/Paradox (though the latter seems to be having its own set of issues)

Despite their issues, I love Sims 1, 2, 3, and I'm sure I will absolutely love Paralives and some others as well. I don't feel like being too critical of the underdogs, especially when I haven't played them myself or my 'issues' are extremely minor.
Smeg Head
#1106 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 3:27 PM
Just going to quickly jump in on another helping factor regarding TS3 and Error Code 12s that I did not see mentioned above to make it run smoother. It was actually due to playing Sims Medieval that first brought it to my attention. Ages ago, before TS4 was even a thing, Medieval I played quite a bit. After a good few months, out of nowhere, Medieval got an Error Code 12 and I could not believe it. How the heck did that happen? I was so familiar with them in TS3 I'd even stopped playing TS3, but Medieval too now?

The root of this was simply because I had allowed so many save files to accumulate for Medieval it caused the Error Code 12s. Clearing out most saves and keeping them low afterwards I did not see errors again for Medieval.

Seeing as TS3 and Medieval are the same engine and everything, I adopted same tactic for TS3 save files. Never more than a few in save folder, any important saves kept safe outside of game. It certainly helped in lowering the factors causing Error Code 12s. Though did not eliminate it completely as seen with Medieval.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#1107 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Feb 2024 at 4:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Just going to quickly jump in on another helping factor regarding TS3 and Error Code 12s that I did not see mentioned above to make it run smoother. It was actually due to playing Sims Medieval that first brought it to my attention. Ages ago, before TS4 was even a thing, Medieval I played quite a bit. After a good few months, out of nowhere, Medieval got an Error Code 12 and I could not believe it. How the heck did that happen? I was so familiar with them in TS3 I'd even stopped playing TS3, but Medieval too now?

The root of this was simply because I had allowed so many save files to accumulate for Medieval it caused the Error Code 12s. Clearing out most saves and keeping them low afterwards I did see errors again for Medieval.

Seeing as TS3 and Medieval are the same engine and everything, I adopted same tactic for TS3 save files. Never more than a few in save folder, any important saves kept safe outside of game. It certainly helped in lowering the factors causing Error Code 12s. Though did not eliminate it completely as seen with Medieval.

I have managed to control that and I already know how it works, I rarely have it anymore if it is not because I am abusing the game. I can really play a configuration that you would think is good, but that's because we are used to it being terrible. My load is 340 MB cleaning it, and it goes like hell many times. It's okay, it's just that this game is limited to one or two families, and I play 20, in medieval style, rotating play is something I could maybe do in very tiny worlds. But everyone agrees that they end up changing worlds in the third or fourth generation.

Can you all play rotating with 20 (or 10? XD) families for 20 or 30 generations? Sims 2 yes.

I was just saying that and that's why people don't play it much apart from everything you have to do to make it go and people go crazy, well ok
Field Researcher
#1108 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:20 PM
I don't use the like/dislike thingies. I also don't think it's really helpful to point them out, it kinda creates drama no?
Forum Resident
#1109 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
I don't use the like/dislike thingies. I also don't think it's really helpful to point them out, it kinda creates drama no?

I only do it because I see an intentional campaign of people who feel emotional attachment to the sims 3.

Even yourself say that they don't work well for you, as do many people.

I have not committed a sin, and I have decided to do a little theater to find out who seems irrational or a hater to me and thus protect myself. I like to show my belly like cats when I see that people are being unfair or envious.

I certainly won't participate here anymore or I'll see if my comments get another interaction after blocking these people. (I've done this in the past and it worked well.)

I am aware of the risks I take when confronted with a generalized opinion, whether real or not, that is why I try to be coherent and make my point, anyway this is not something I normally do and I am aware that I am exposing myself, but I do it With awareness. I hate to argue, but I'm a big believer in saying what I think is true.
Mad Poster
#1110 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I only do it because I see an intentional campaign of people who feel emotional attachment to the sims 3.

I have not committed a sin, and I have decided to do a little theater to find out who seems irrational or a hater to me and thus protect myself.

I am aware of the risks I take when confronted with a generalized opinion, whether real or not, that is why I try to be coherent and make my point

(1) Yes, I am attached to 3 as I do love the game and much that I have created, much that others have done, the community, and so on. I have spent many hours of my life playing Sims. It shows I have played 4 1100 some hours. I wish I could see the numbers for prior games. I love the game but am not blind to the problems. I am a very analytical person and spent my career being paid for making decisions that amounted to gigantic $$$$ for my employers. BIG money. I can see the pros and cons of things including PC games.

(2) I have hit the disagree button, and I do not like that system either, but not as I hate you whatsoever. I just have not agreed with some of the things that you have said. You have basically said 3 is a broken and unplayable game for all. And that is just not true. As said, if that were the case it would have died soon after release. I am sorry that you are one of the people with problems, but your experience is not universal. I prefer to play legacy style and probably with the open world and story progression 3 does not handle rotation as well as 2 does. That may be totally true

(3) I think your posts are coherent and you share what your experiences have been and others of us have shared ours. Our experiences vary and they are better for some simmers than others. I have a not being able to edge scroll issue in 3 now in full screen probably due to an 11 update? I have had to retrain myself to use the keyboard for camera movements most of the time. Things need fixes and that is part of life.

Bottom line, I do not think anyone hates you but some just do not agree with some of your statements. You speak the truth to your experiences and we have told of ours.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1111 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:53 PM
Mad Poster
#1112 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This is a Sim4 discussion thread! Either go back to discussing the topic at hand or I'll just nuke the whole thread.

OK by me.

I have played a bit over 1100 hours of Sims 4. So play some. I may try that gem pack. Will see? Sad thing is that my family that had collected all is now long gone so if play with that in mind my Sim(s) are back to square one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1113 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:23 PM
Hope next stuff pack is about essential oils.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#1114 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I have 3 left to block, soon I will know who you are

There is no reason to block people. Nobody is attacking you. I get disagrees. We all do. That is just part of being here.

And we do not want this thread to be locked.

Let's get back to talking about 4.
Forum Resident
#1115 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 11:13 PM
I hope so
Instructor
#1116 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

The root of this was simply because I had allowed so many save files to accumulate for Medieval it caused the Error Code 12s. Clearing out most saves and keeping them low afterwards I did not see errors again for Medieval.

This is excellent advice! I try to keep the number of my save files down, but sometimes I need a reminder.

Curiously, I've always had better luck saving over saves in TSM than TS3. For TS3 (and especially for TS4), I always make brand new named saves each time I play, but you can get away with not doing that with TSM for the most part. It's quite refreshing.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1117 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:22 PM
So who has been enjoying Sims 4 recently? I just have the base game and a couple of free packs, I haven't played it that much. What would be a good pack for me to get? I like collecting and creating things in the game, not sure which packs would add to that. There are so many with Sims 4, it's difficult to choose! But I'd like to give it another go.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1118 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:35 PM
Has anyone tried this pack?
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...ions-stuff-pack
Looks like it could be good. It's not mentioned on the 'which pack should I buy' thread.
Mad Poster
#1119 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Has anyone tried this pack?
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...ions-stuff-pack
Looks like it could be good. It's not mentioned on the 'which pack should I buy' thread.

I may be senile but I think it releases on the 29th? Let me look again.
I think it looks interesting and odds are I will get it.

I created a new family to try it but am not sure still if the Sim(s) I want to use?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1120 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I may be senile but I think it releases on the 29th? Let me look again.

Ooh does it? That'll be why I can't find anything!
I was thinking about trying Sims 4 again because it's quite easy to control, and my small family member has been enjoying the other sims iterations with me. I haven't played 4 for a while! I'll read some more about the other packs too.
Mad Poster
#1121 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:52 PM
Ooh does it? That'll be why I can't find anything!
I was thinking about trying Sims 4 again because it's quite easy to control, and my small family member has been enjoying the other sims iterations with me. I haven't played 4 for a while! I'll read some more about the other packs too.

Per my prior post I have not opened 4 since August when I got this CPU and that may have just been to see if on here and opens?
And of course I now fumble all over the place as have forgotten most. I will have to totally relearn it to try this new pack.

I also like collecting things and crafting. One of the things I liked playing was the Jungle adventures. And Iike tombs and so on. And it had a very different look to it compared to most other Sims worlds.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1122 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 12:58 PM
I liked collecting the elements to put in the periodic table thing, that's why this one looked of interest. Looks like you craft crystals you collected.
Field Researcher
#1123 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 1:03 PM
Get to Work is a great pack. The medical career has a lot of in-joke references to Theme Hospital, which I appreciated. (You know someone's a fan when they mention Bloaty Head).
Mad Poster
#1124 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 1:05 PM
I liked collecting the elements to put in the periodic table thing, that's why this one looked of interest. Looks like you craft crystals you collected.

Yes, my family did that also. I think this will be a good addition to the game and will blend in with many other themes. Magic, paranormal, herbalisn, and even maybe rocket science to pretend from there? There are many possibilies.

I need to rethink this though as Glimmerbork is so small and about nothing to do there. May nuke a build in Willowcrest and put a Sim there and can visit Glimmer when wanted.

What do you think you might want to do? And everyone?

Maybe I can do a witch who also has paranormal abilities?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1125 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 1:25 PM
Which are the packs that offer magic and what's that like? Young 'un really liked magic in Sims 1.
Page 45 of 49