Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 7:00 AM
Default Would you recommend Get To Work & Island Living for a player that doesn't really like Occults?
I would really love the features of the packs, but I don't really play with the Occult side of things. Even with Aliens/Mermaids, do you think the packs are worth it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 11:15 AM
I haven't played GTW in a while but iirc the aliens are extremely unobtrusive. There's random abductions but I don't think they're very common, at least I've never experienced one w all my hours of playing. The mermaids are a bit more "present" as you'll see them swimming around in Sulani and stuff.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 4:52 PM
Aliens and Mermaids are only a fraction of those two packs, after years I've rarely played them, but still got quite a lot of those two mentioned packs.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 2:41 PM
I have never seen aliens or mermaids. They are not occult-focused Expansion Packs at all. You'll be fine.

The only really in your face occult I've seen in the game is Vampires. Avoid that pack if you don't want occults. You'll be fine otherwise.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2023 at 1:11 AM
I don't play occults much either, but Vampires and Realm of Magic get good use in my game - they have some very good build/buy for historical houses.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2023 at 4:22 AM Last edited by yaohui : 2nd Apr 2023 at 4:40 AM. Reason: typo
I prefer aliens, sometimes I play with them.

Taiwan Soul!
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 4:02 AM
See, for me, mermaids and aliens are the only occults I liked. I also did like the active jobs, and vacation location, so. Worth it for me. Also, if you use mods, you can also pretty much just disable how many occults spawn in your game and I flat out delete premade occults.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 11:34 AM
Sadly mermaids get kind of... shafted when it comes to the Occult options in Sims 4. Vampires and Werewolves and Spellcasters get full on perk trees and you can build up your powers. Aliens get some unique options and disguises to mess with Sims. With mermaids they just get a bit annoyed when they're out of water too long, and there's not much more to it than that.

But Sulani is beautiful, even with the missed potential with world building I feel, and Get To Work does add some absolutely crucial gameplay into the game. I'd say they're pretty safe choices to go for.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Theorist
#9 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
and I flat out delete premade occults.

NOOOOOOOOO! Paka'a is the only worthwhile thing EA has ever made by their own hands! That boy is so precious! D;
Scholar
#10 Old 15th May 2023 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
NOOOOOOOOO! Paka'a is the only worthwhile thing EA has ever made by their own hands! That boy is so precious! D;

Okay let me explain myself further, I only delete occults I'm not into. So mermaids and aliens are fine. Sometimes though I'm merciful and I just humanize everyone in MCCC. Although is it really more merciful to humanize a vampire?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th May 2023 at 1:30 PM
Okay let me explain myself further, I only delete occults I'm not into. So mermaids and aliens are fine. Sometimes though I'm merciful and I just humanize everyone in MCCC. Although is it really more merciful to humanize a vampire?

Depends on how you play the game. I've done it. I've also humanized mermaids, aliens and werewolves!

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Theorist
#12 Old 25th May 2023 at 1:30 AM
Although is it really more merciful to humanize a vampire?

Depends on if they're happy being a Vampire I guess.