Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 27
Test Subject
#376 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:40 PM
Hey there, I've been getting lastExceptions too. I've added one to this message. It pops up after I try to open the canning menu. My game is fully updated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastUIException_63656983358.zip (955 Bytes, 47 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#377 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:28 PM
Ooh exciting! Thank you SO much for yet another awesome food mod. ^_^ I love growing your plants and using them in the recipes.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#378 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 6:55 PM
Is this mod working again after the April update?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#379 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Is this mod working again after the April update?

There is a new update ?
Test Subject
#380 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:18 PM
There's no interaction on the canning I click all options and nothing, it's very sad.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#381 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 9:42 PM
Hey! I am a bit busy at the moment! Will get to the issues soon
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#382 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:33 PM
You're golden! I'll be sticking around for updates <3
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#383 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slytherin
I got the canning base and canning perserves custom installed. I am on the latest patch and all updated game.

You need the custom black plate too

Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
I love this mod and have to share something funny that just happened in my game because of it. I have a family who runs a harvest farm store where they also sell the canned goods they have made. A few days ago, another one of my families was visiting Selvadorado and a marketplace vendor whipped out one of their jars of jam to resell on his table. I laughed so hard. It was actually pretty realistic and quite unexpected.

And now I am excited to see the candle making mod! I imagine the same kind of thing could happen and I'm looking forward to it.

Wow! that sounds fantastic actually

Quote: Originally posted by smeen
Hey there, I've been getting lastExceptions too. I've added one to this message. It pops up after I try to open the canning menu. My game is fully updated.

That appears to an old UI exception error and not a last exception error. Do you have a last exception error without numbers at the end ?

Quote: Originally posted by Lasinalia
There's no interaction on the canning I click all options and nothing, it's very sad.

Do you have Outdoor retreat ?
Test Subject
#384 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:38 PM
Thank you for this mod. I just wanted you to know that I downloaded the canning station three days ago and it works great even after updating yesterday(Apr 18, 2018). I had no error messages as noted in recent posts and I have several other mods installed. My sim is at level 9 canning so I used it a lot since I downloaded it. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#385 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:05 PM
This is a really awesome mod :D
Test Subject
#386 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:59 PM
I have carefully deleted all canning files and redownloaded and unzipped them... I click any of the canning options and nothing happens. They don't register as able to cook. My sims use the canning stove as a regular stove when someone else is using the original stove
Test Subject
#387 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:49 AM
I know you're busy, but I'm also getting a last exception. I can't open the canning menu at all. I am fully patched and I do have the black plate file as well. I included it here for you to check out. Thanks for looking into it.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (9.9 KB, 15 downloads)
Test Subject
#388 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:19 PM
Default Ahaaaaaaa
AHAAAA This is why it's not working! I did download both in case I didn't have some of the food available to do ! I *hope* this is why, actually. THanks!

Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Can you attach the last exception message here under spoilers ? Make sure that you have downloaded the Black plate package too

Hey! Having a bit of trouble understanding Can you clarify - 'updated the mod to latest before all the new packs came out' ? What patch are you on ? What is your canning skill ? Download either the icemunmun_Canning_preserves_EA or icemunmun_Canning_preserves_EA_IngredientOptional ( Same for Custom preserves). If you have both it will conflict.
Test Subject
#389 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:21 PM
Okay so do we need both "icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom" and "icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom_IngredientOptional" ?? Or just one?
Test Subject
#390 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 1:05 PM
Just deleted both of the EA food files and the custom optional file... still doesn't work for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#391 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:14 AM
somethings for 3 that needs to be in 4 but ea is to greedly to do and dont care about the fans yet we are fans and we care about what are sims can do and thats why you and others that add cool mods that should be but they think we should keep paying when we can a fan can help and modd can be so cool and that makes all of the game to keep playing so thank you so much and keep going never hate No one has time for that so i hope you keep up the good work and i wounder what you may come up with next ^.^
Test Subject
#392 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:16 PM
Alguien que lo traduzca al español por favor!!! Gracias!!
Someone who translates it into Spanish please!!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#393 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 5:32 PM
Hey Icemunmun, is it possible to add emotional berries jam to the list of maxis vegetables? I know there are already potions with the same function, but it's just to add some assortment to the existing spreadables... Thank you in advance
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#394 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:47 PM
does this still work with the recent patch update??
Test Subject
#395 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:19 AM
Firstly --I love this mod! Second, I'm having some issues. Sims seem to think that the canning station is their primary stove, even when it's in a totally different room than the fridge (which is next to the actual stove I want them to use). Secondly, sometimes the animation for putting the pot in the oven is messing up and instead of the door folding down, the whole canning station folds down (which looks hilarious). Also sometimes when the pot is on the stove, the side is invisible and you can see the jars inside.
I am running on Mac with all the expansions except vampires (and a few packs). I have quite a few other mods too but I don't expect they would be conflicting. I'm getting occasional lastexceptions but looking into those, also not expecting that it'd be from this mod.

Thanks again,
qlx
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#396 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qlx
Firstly --I love this mod! Second, I'm having some issues. Sims seem to think that the canning station is their primary stove, even when it's in a totally different room than the fridge (which is next to the actual stove I want them to use). Secondly, sometimes the animation for putting the pot in the oven is messing up and instead of the door folding down, the whole canning station folds down (which looks hilarious). Also sometimes when the pot is on the stove, the side is invisible and you can see the jars inside.
I am running on Mac with all the expansions except vampires (and a few packs). I have quite a few other mods too but I don't expect they would be conflicting. I'm getting occasional lastexceptions but looking into those, also not expecting that it'd be from this mod.

Thanks again,
qlx

Ah yes these are known issues Sometimes inspite of there being a good stove in the house, the sims decide to use the canning station for cooking ( this choice is kind of arbitrary and not defined by any set parameter so I am finding a little difficult to change). I removed all the cooking rigs from the station so they sims do that awful gymnastics with the station while trying to cook
Test Subject
#397 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:27 PM
Love your stuff!! However, the only mod/cc of yours I can use is your custom bar drinks. The rest of your stuff used to work, such as this mod, but now whenever I put it in my mods folder my sims game won't launch until I remove it all from my folder. Do you have any suggestions? I'd love to get back to using your mods
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#398 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a.abriyana
Love your stuff!! However, the only mod/cc of yours I can use is your custom bar drinks. The rest of your stuff used to work, such as this mod, but now whenever I put it in my mods folder my sims game won't launch until I remove it all from my folder. Do you have any suggestions? I'd love to get back to using your mods

The issue seems to be that you have a sims 3 package mixed in there somewhere. Make sure that you do not have any sims 3 package as it is very easy to miss (considering i make stuff for both sims 3 and 4)
Test Subject
#399 Old 31st May 2018 at 3:58 AM
Hey, guys, I translated the mod into Spanish. Only one part (Canning_Base), still needs work to be completed. Thank you icemunmun for this wonderful mod!

For icemunmun: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8qaxvxgu...Kgx6f29IRa?dl=0
For Simmers: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oh1qaki1...oV_E5kpExa?dl=0
Test Subject
#400 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sara_pitu
Alguien que lo traduzca al español por favor!!! Gracias!!
Someone who translates it into Spanish please!!! Thank you!!

AquÃ* tienes https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oh1qaki1...oV_E5kpExa?dl=0

Ya he posteado para que icemunmun lo incluya en el mod.
Page 16 of 27