Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:08 PM
Default I can't delete my Threads (Delete Account issue)
Ok, before someone says ''you shouldn't make another thread to delete your post or to delete your account'' this type of thing, let me explain:

1. First: I've been asking for help about this issue for a long time now, since around August 2017. I want to delete my account, but here in modthesims, the rule is to delete all existing post in order to trigger this site to delete my account. However, it doesn't work for me as well as expected:
For some reason, I'm not able to delete my ''Threads'' I posted. But I can delete post that were replied to other ''Threads'', but not the ''Thread'' itself.

When I try to click on this delete button...:

...then I get this following message:

In case the IMG doesn't show up right for you: I'll show you the message in text form:
''xmzpoPichutrashx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.''

Couple notes:
I've tried certain things like ''deleting cookies'', using a ''different browser'' and even using ''my other PC'', but I still get the same error, no matter what I do.
However, I got a recommendation from one of the admins, that I should post another ''Thread'' in order to get my problem solved. So, now you know why I posted another ''Thread'', even though, I won't be able to delete it afterward due to the deletion error.

Now what I want you to do to solve my problem is to delete my 2 Threads in these following links:
Post 1: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595053
Post 2: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=581226
(Including also this Thread here I just made!)

Final note: This will be my last ''Thread'' I post. After that, I will no longer post any more of them, until my problem gets solved.
In case this problem is also by other people, then you should fix the ''Thread deletion button'', so other people can remove their account as well, when they need to.
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:30 PM
What does it matter? If you don't want to use the site, go away. It's not like anyone can find out personal information about you from the couple of posts you made. Why don't you just try to forget all about it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:18 PM
It does matter. People know who I am and also through the search engines, people can still find my account very easily.
I don't like that at all. I wish I could at least change my username, but this doesn't work either.

Also, I don't understand how a site like modthesims don't have account deletion option, like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc.?
#4 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:51 PM
Lot of people have been in your position and not understood it, but it's how it's always been here. I would be very surprised if your protests made any difference where none has been made before. The standard advice is "delete all your posts and don't return then you will be autopurged". I understand your problem is you seem not to be able to delete your posts. My prediction is that is how the situation will remain for as long as this site exists. Time will tell.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:44 PM
It could be that certain threads can't be deleted. For example, I remember having a spate of Help threads where a lot of people spent a lot of time sorting out problems with someone's game, only for the OP to delete it once solved. It seems preferable for those type of threads to remain, so that others having similar issues can research their own solutions. Maybe that's why the help topics can't be removed.

@xmzpoPichutrashx I wouldn't worry about it- put a fake email in and remove all of your personal information from your profile, and then there is nothing to link to you personally.
#6 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM
EEK! I just noticed your avatar blinks. That scared me.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:08 AM
People didn't understood it, because they aren't aware of, that some Threads cannot be deleted once they're posted. It's basically a trap for their account.
Once it's triggered, then people automatically can't remove their account, no matter what they do. The admins won't do anything either, and it's kinda sad if you think about it.
People should be able to take care of their account and delete them by their own without hoping for other people to come and delete it for them.
I'm sure through my advice, both sides can avoid this unnecessary stress. The users as well as the administrators of this site.

I will leave this site now, but remember, as long this problem isn't solved on your site, then you will always get these people, who will run into the same problems like I did.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmzpoPichutrashx
People should be able to take care of their account and delete them by their own without hoping for other people to come and delete it for them.

Why? This is a privately owned site which is maintained and run by volunteers. When you sign up for the site, you are agreeing to the site rules. There is no automatic obligation for a website to allow members to delete anything, except for personal details (which you can, as you can edit your profile).
#9 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:52 AM
Do the site rules specifically state that accounts may not be deleted? I think people would otherwise assume they could, since this is generally allowed on most other sites. Any particularly unusual terms really should be brought to the attention of new members at sign-up time.