Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM Last edited by triciamanly : 17th Nov 2011 at 2:43 PM.
Default Easy Tutorial for Creating Sloped Windows

If you have seasons ep (and don't want rain or snow coming into the house or cold sims!) and want transparent tiles for the windows, you can use the following:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/253468. You will need Nightlife ep for these to work.
or, you can use RGiles transparent tiles with base game if you are not a Homecrafter use.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/34012
RGiles warns that his tiles cause Homecrafter to crash.

You would place the transparent tiles instead of the floor tiles shown.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 2:32 PM
Default added another comment
Since the thread has not had a reply, is something to be done about it, or do we just leave it as it is? Also, is there something that can be done to make the images show up, since without the images, there is not tutorial? thanks!
Site Helper
#3 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:41 PM
I can see the images. I wouldn't worry about the fact that no one has responded. It's still a useful tutorial.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:46 PM
thanks Mootilda!
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM
Thanks, simple and useful with nearly 5k views
Link Ninja
#6 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:56 PM
I find it useful! Thanks for sharing!

It would be great for sunrooms or indoor greenhouses :D

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:26 AM
Wahoo! Charmful, thanks for commenting on my tutorial!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2014 at 8:44 AM
I've been poring through as many tutorials as I can, trying to learn new building techniques. Most of my old attempts were either boxes or truly out-there structures ... or just plain boring.

It is truly sad how so many of the tutes on the Exchange or on old sites, including TSR, have disappeared. Originally, I thought it was about 40%; now I believe the number might be more than 50. Many people never thought a couple of years or so ago that EA would simply remove hours of research and useful tips off its site. It didn't help that some creators flounced off sites or let theirs expire, taking their tutorials with them, never to be seen again.

On the other hand, some thoughtful creators moved their instructions elsewhere. Some never put them on EA or TSR in the first place, or used mirror sites. Some, like you, put them here and kept them here. I've been copying several webpages of those tutes that are the appropriate level for me (advanced beginner to intermediate) because I'm concerned that with the introduction of Sims 4, even more of the Sims 2 tutes will be gone.

This looks like I can do this with little trouble. I like how you acknowledge that not everyone uses Homecrafter.

I deeply appreciate any of these tutorials that remain. I feel like I've missed so much. Thank you!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:51 PM
gazania, thanks so much for your comment. It is a shame to lose tutorials for sims2 because honestly, I don't see myself ever getting bored with it. There's always something new and tutorials make it possible. Hope you keep building! All the best!

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I've been poring through as many tutorials as I can, trying to learn new building techniques. Most of my old attempts were either boxes or truly out-there structures ... or just plain boring.

It is truly sad how so many of the tutes on the Exchange or on old sites, including TSR, have disappeared. Originally, I thought it was about 40%; now I believe the number might be more than 50. Many people never thought a couple of years or so ago that EA would simply remove hours of research and useful tips off its site. It didn't help that some creators flounced off sites or let theirs expire, taking their tutorials with them, never to be seen again.

On the other hand, some thoughtful creators moved their instructions elsewhere. Some never put them on EA or TSR in the first place, or used mirror sites. Some, like you, put them here and kept them here. I've been copying several webpages of those tutes that are the appropriate level for me (advanced beginner to intermediate) because I'm concerned that with the introduction of Sims 4, even more of the Sims 2 tutes will be gone.

This looks like I can do this with little trouble. I like how you acknowledge that not everyone uses Homecrafter.

I deeply appreciate any of these tutorials that remain. I feel like I've missed so much. Thank you!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 2:17 PM
I'm pleased I came across this, it would look great for a modern home. And thanks for the link to the transparent floor tiles - such a good idea!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 8:56 PM
This is awesome! I love it! Thank you for sharing... So many of the TS2 tutorials are disappearing.

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sugah Sim
This is awesome! I love it! Thank you for sharing... So many of the TS2 tutorials are disappearing.

thanks so much for your comment sugah! you have certainly done a great job at your site of keeping sims2 ever interesting!

]
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 10:11 PM
love this. thank you so much!