Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 10:40 AM
Default Swim-able Lakes for Plantsims?
A (long) while ago I followed a tutorial to make a swim-able lake because I was intending to use it for plantsims so they could be closer to nature. I was disappointed to find out that after jumping in, their water needs were not going up. Is this standard, or did I perhaps mess something up? If it is standard, is it possible that it could be somehow modded? Eg modding the diving board/ladder to enable plantsims to gain water needs when swimming, even if you made them swim in the ground

My simblrIcon credit
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 8:09 PM
do you remember which tutorial?
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 8:27 PM
Does their water motive go up when they swim? I can't think of any reason you shouldn't be able to mod the diving board and ladder to turn the feature on, then off when the Sim gets out of the pond.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 11:14 PM
Does it even have anything to do with the diving board and/or ladder? Or is it the pool itself? Swimmable lakes are not actually lakes, obviously. They're invisible pools. Swimming should increase their water needs, so I would suggest that you should test them in a regular pool and see if that's functioning right. If regular pools ARE functioning properly, something's wrong with your lake. If not, then it seems something's conflicting with the way pools normally operate.

That'd be my advice. Test it and report back. It may help narrow it down.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 4:54 PM Last edited by Natpop : 13th Nov 2018 at 5:11 PM.
Sorry for the delay, but I did some testing in a cc-free/lite test hood tonight! I was lazy and didn't bother building the lake myself, so I used this one from plasticbox;
http://modthesims.info/d/260631/swi...e-basegame.html

they link the following tutorial in the description so I assume they followed that to make the lake;
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=158216

First up I tested a (very thirsty) plantsim in a regular pool. That worked fine, and her water needs went up basically instantly.

Then to compare I sent her to the aforementioned lot. She dived into the lake and her very low water needs were not going up at all. After about a sim hour or so, I got excited to see the water needs go up, but then realised that that was caused by the rain a bad witch had summoned with her spell. Also, the plantsim kept wanting to get out and use the sink or shower, so I had to keep canceling the actions. Once she glitched out and stood up out of the water and did the worry animation She fell back into the water shortly after and continued swimming

Take 2: After deleting the pool ladder I sent her back to the community lot to dive in. She and a large number of other hapless sims got stuck in the water for about 7 hours before I decided "ok nope, this definitely isn't working". In fact, the water needs went slowly down :\

A few other notes;
- she refused to float on her back - the action kept canceling in the queue
- she played marco polo on 2 separate occasions and it seemed to work - that is until the other sim (a townie) got caught (I think - I wasn't paying super close attention). They both suddenly glitched and stood above the water. My plantsim seemed okay, but the other sim was suddenly in clothing and would dip back down, use the pool ladder to get out, and then walk away with the water animations trailing behind their neck. Apart from the glitched water animation, they seemed to walk around okay, except for one who I noticed occasionally would sink into the ground temporarily, lol

Some pictures...

The proof: (sorry I couldn't be bothered cropping these. But look at the time and the needs)

Misty water cape:

"You lookin' at me??"

My simblrIcon credit