Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:00 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Oct 2018 at 2:26 PM.
Default Do you have an idea for a hack/mod or vanilla gameplay concept?
I have seen that this forum has been recently having a 'plague' (sorry, that's the closest nicest word I could describe it) of mod requests which itself go against the forums rules & policies for opening threads. I thought why not save the trouble with the time opportunity of opening up, because and since TS2 has one (called 'Hacks and CC that you'd like to see!", equivalent (although a rip-off, I might admit) thread for this section would be nice as it hasn't been shut down by moderators up tovnow and would make a fair ground for this other fanbase to enjoy sharing/fantasizing about their ideas too. This thread isn't particularly limited to ideas for hacks, so my intention isn't to make it exclusive to that part of the game but for vanilla mechanics/features/systems to be welcome as well. Besides, there are a few gurus that lurked in here and comment, so what it's to deny their not looking and taking into considerations our insight of the game for improvement

Also, please keep this thread civil and don't bait people to turn it into TS3vTS4 bashing. I think it would be a nice initiative thread If we keep it clean.

I kinda would love to see sims having the powers of controlling the elements (via elemental traits). Perhaps geokinetics could manipulate terrain (with no fee cost), water manipulations would be able to mess around with plumping snow and water.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:52 PM
I remember back when I first installed Unleashed and seeing the tiny neighborhood expands into a whole town and bringing new pre-mades with their own backstories. I wish they do that again for the existing neighborhoods.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 2:01 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 25th Oct 2018 at 2:19 PM.
I think I would like to see how an attraction system would work. I think it's about time one was added as in the real world people are attracted to what they have preferences for. And it only makes sense to add that instead of sims just trying to being attracted to anyone. I also think, if thought out and implented correctly, it would play well with the emotions system as well.

If let's say Sim A is attracted to Sim B, but Sim B doesn't find Sim A attractive. Sim A confesses attraction (something already apart of the games social interactions) but Sim B isnt having it and turns Sim A down, Sim A can get a sad, tense, embarrassed or angry moodlet (?) depending on their personality (traits) and maybe Sim B could so get some type of emotional outcome from the interaction as well.

It's just an idea but I think if well planned and thought out this could be an excellent addition to the game and it would stop the issue some simmers have with sims flirting with everyone, even when they're in a relationship, just because they're feeling flirty.

Let me also add, since they're bringing a reputation system to the game in the next pack they could also expand on that concept when looking at relationships and the attraction system.

ETA: This could also fall into some sort of, "Date Night", concept. Where it can introduce speed dating, online dating and blind dates. Sims can be set up on a blind date by their friends. Kind of like right now an active sim can tell a non-active sim to "hook-up" with a Target sim. Maybe it can be something similar to that but your sim has to go out on an actual date and revamp the dating system. Make it more interesting. Within this concept they can introduce the interaction of who pays for the meal when going out on a date, friends etc. which can also tie into the reputation system. Is this person mooching off their friends or are they always paying the bill for everyone then on a date one can say a woman always choosing to paying is an "independent woman" and a man always paying is "chauvinistic". (I know it can be better these are just ideas lol). But there's a lot that can be done here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:46 PM
Can admins pin this thread down? Would save a lot of time for them deleting and trouble of OPs having their ideas shut down.

One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 12th May 2019 at 11:32 AM
How about an Accuweather feature that lets you know what the weather is in other worlds? Like if you're planning to go to do something outdoorsy, you'll know to avoid Newcrest because it's pouring despite the hot sunny day you're having in DSV? I hate landing in the middle of a thunderstorm for Geekcom when I could have gone fishing instead.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:43 PM
I just want more npcs... Firemen definetly, i miss the fire truck.
Smeg Head
#7 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:20 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 14th May 2019 at 6:12 PM.
Sims 3, Seasons, gave us one of the best elements of the franchise that could have went on to fantastic proportions for all iterations to follow. It's actually been an element that all iterations have utilized, but they actually gave the player control of it in TS3 and did not realize the full potential it. How it could be a major thing, that could vastly open up gameplay and lot design, especially for those folks with low to mid range performance computer who still want to buy and enjoy everything Maxis release.

Remember the hidden Seasons lot markers of TS3, those silver ball debug objects, that you could place on any lot and change and save the entire décor and furnishing of the venue from season to season? Imagine if that was an actual true, fully developed and useable implementation beyond cheats and debug shenanigans. Perhaps in the game as a futuristic hologram furnishing suite, that at the push of a button (rather than wait for season to season) you could redecorate the entire furnishing of a house top to bottom. Changing rooms from dining rooms to bedrooms, whatever the heck you like, depending on time of day. All that money you spend on all those game packs, you could comfortably use everything, (Not need a 1.69 patch to switch off a shitload of stuff you purchased cause the game cannot handle it all at once. This new puppy you, your computer, does not have to handle all that bulk of object code at once!) and you don't even need a mansion to hold it all or a powerful computer to continuously display it all, as it changes so often using limited pc running for each setting turnover of redecorating.

I really did enjoy messing with that Seasons silver ball in TS3, and every time I did I wondered why the devs did not see the bigger potential in it being a proper, fleshed-out mainstay feature. If they squeezed something similar into TS4 towards the end of it's run, as a grand new feature all future iterations can expect to have, it would give TS4 a greater prestige for the history books. If a modder does not do similar first, (as the mechanics for this are in the game already.) so as to keep this little pipedream waffle in tune with the opening question. As it seems to me, quite sadly, the best TS4 will have to offer when it's run its course, is through the hard work and imagination of modders rather than few and far between exciting ideas of the devs.

Big silver balls! It's the way forward for new, innovative lot design and little cost to pc performance.

Big silver balls of design? Hmmm... Okay.

Nah, I think TS3 Seasons and original Mass Effect have big, strange silver balls of wonder pretty much covered. Until a modder comes along with something better...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2019 at 4:46 AM
How about a simple, convenient, base-game compatible way to order groceries (fruits, vegetables, fish) on the computer or phone and have them delivered to the mailbox? Maybe you have to pay a small delivery fee as well, so you make sure to order a few things at once to make it worthwhile. I know at least two mods exist that allow ordering ingredients, but both are massive overhauls of the entire cooking system. I just want a simple way to buy tomatoes...

(Also, if a sim is going to take a shower or a bath as their very next queued action, they should not obsessively shove "wash hands" in front of it!)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th May 2019 at 6:43 PM
A mod that lets you build more than 4 floors. In sims 2 the cheat is "sethighestallowedlevel xx" (without the quotes and XX being the number of floors.) It came with university. If there is a cheat like that in the sims 4 that'd be swell .
Scholar
#10 Old 30th May 2019 at 7:16 PM
At the moment I'm wishing more for fixes for Seasons than new gameplay concepts. I can't be the only one who wants one or all of these:

- All sims like all gifts. Alternately: no sim dislikes a gift ever. Ideally: Set a short list of maybe 3 hated and 3 loved gifts per sim.
- No likes/dislikes for certain holiday traditions. Alternately: No age based disliking of traditions. Ideally: Set liked/disliked traditions for each sim individually.
- Ability to assign our own scout uniforms similarly to the club outfits.
- No sadness from not having celebrated a holiday when the sim in question wasn't actively played during that holiday.
(Just for the record, I do not have Seasons. I still haven't fully wrapped my head around the concept of time passing globally instead of per household and with seasons it would be even more jarring than it still is at times. But the above four gripes factor in, too, and if I had those solved I think I would give the pack a try.)

In the long run my dream mod would be one that lets the sims form sports teams of more than one person and have them compete against other teams.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2019 at 8:05 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th May 2019 at 8:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Sims 3, Seasons, gave us one of the best elements of the franchise that could have went on to fantastic proportions for all iterations to follow. It's actually been an element that all iterations have utilized, but they actually gave the player control of it in TS3 and did not realize the full potential it. How it could be a major thing, that could vastly open up gameplay and lot design, especially for those folks with low to mid range performance computer who still want to buy and enjoy everything Maxis release.

Remember the hidden Seasons lot markers of TS3, those silver ball debug objects, that you could place on any lot and change and save the entire décor and furnishing of the venue from season to season? Imagine if that was an actual true, fully developed and useable implementation beyond cheats and debug shenanigans. Perhaps in the game as a futuristic hologram furnishing suite, that at the push of a button (rather than wait for season to season) you could redecorate the entire furnishing of a house top to bottom. Changing rooms from dining rooms to bedrooms, whatever the heck you like, depending on time of day. All that money you spend on all those game packs, you could comfortably use everything, (Not need a 1.69 patch to switch off a shitload of stuff you purchased cause the game cannot handle it all at once. This new puppy you, your computer, does not have to handle all that bulk of object code at once!) and you don't even need a mansion to hold it all or a powerful computer to continuously display it all, as it changes so often using limited pc running for each setting turnover of redecorating.

I really did enjoy messing with that Seasons silver ball in TS3, and every time I did I wondered why the devs did not see the bigger potential in it being a proper, fleshed-out mainstay feature. If they squeezed something similar into TS4 towards the end of it's run, as a grand new feature all future iterations can expect to have, it would give TS4 a greater prestige for the history books. If a modder does not do similar first, (as the mechanics for this are in the game already.) so as to keep this little pipedream waffle in tune with the opening question. As it seems to me, quite sadly, the best TS4 will have to offer when it's run its course, is through the hard work and imagination of modders rather than few and far between exciting ideas of the devs.

Big silver balls! It's the way forward for new, innovative lot design and little cost to pc performance.

Big silver balls of design? Hmmm... Okay.

Nah, I think TS3 Seasons and original Mass Effect have big, strange silver balls of wonder pretty much covered. Until a modder comes along with something better...

Just an idea, you could sort of change rooms by uploading them/lots and replacing it with the content saved in library bin. Kind of an hassle, but sort of lives up the concept (kinda ish). That and wasn't all up for demand, but innovative idea non the less

Allowing us to alter road structure (If the game does include the tools to designing worlds, as that would give it significant point) in the world, by adding/editing/removing. Giving us tools to design worlds (like an additional game mode) in-game (terrain, ocean, roads - basically modifying a larger "lot") would be awesome.... of course without discarding the crucial focus point of LIVE mode. Individual funds for each member from the household - when an transaction occurs, the player should always have the choice to spent family's or the Sim's funds. Oh, and amish-support playstyle (more convient phone-computer related interactions with the mailbox would be a sweet start). What else? NPC management? Sim left clothes (from laundry) should also drop on furniture (beds, chairs).

Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2019 at 4:03 AM
How about a rough equivalent to TS3's "Fulfilled" moodlet every time we complete a whim? So I get some tangible (and immediate!) reward for doing any of those things (I find most of the satisfaction rewards to be extremely OP and cheaty and I need to work out some logic and sanity rules for unlocking them on a sim-by-sim basis). TS4 uses moodlets as well, and many mods add custom ones, so I feel like this should be totally possible.
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:11 AM
In TS3 there was a cheat that increased the amount you could donate to charity. It was great if you had a family played through a few generations because it was so easy to make money. At least in TS3 we had Fresh Prince's cars to waste money on so my teen got to drive to pick up his latest crush in his own Ferrari. In TS4, even without passive investments in rabbit holes, it's even easier to make money. I have searched far and wide (which means it probably exists by I just can't find it) for a simple mod to increase the amount that can be donated to charity to drain the excess off without using the money cheat and pretending they got nailed on a tax audit.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 1:58 AM
I do dream about having animated vehicles in the game, even only play an animation to the edge of local zone then loading screen. It would bring me real motivation to design garage for houses.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Simorph : 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:29 AM.
I miss:
....................making plumbot minions. Oh, there are mods to create them, but I still know there's a Sim trapped inside. It's just not the same!
....................deep sea diving and getting scared by a shark! I hoped we'd get it the new Island expansion. We can dive, but us players are stuck topside until the Sim re-surfaces.
....................functional houseboats and Ports. Once again, we get to drive and sail boats in the Island expansion, cool, but no living on boats like TS3 that allowed us to sail from port to port..
....................real graveyards. Places you could visit to mourn or meet ghosts. You can build one, but no mourning, no ghosts, so what's the point.
.....................landlines. I'd like to disable cellphones if I want to!
.....................Farming. Loved Grandpa's tractor in TS3.
.....................Horses. I want to ride them, raise them, breed them again

I miss real adventure destinations:
................... Egypt especially. The Jungle expansion gave me hope, but we only got one jungle. Couldn't they have put in some other destinations as well? I guess Salvadorada could pass as the Amazon...if I'm feeling generous. But with all the Aztec references we all know it's supposed to be Central America or thereabouts.
.....................But how about the Congo (African, Gorillas in the Mist Theme),
................... an Ancient Druid-haunted forest (Celtic Theme),
................... stumbling into the forgotten lands where dinosaurs still exist (Prehistoric Theme),
.................. how about a secretive city where spies abound and danger lies around every corner (Casablanca/Istanbul Theme). Yeah Strangerville could have filled that one. But I'd rather uncover a spy-ring or discover an evil Kingpin. Not just kill a giant plant.
...................The Hymalayas, where we can disguise ourselves as abominable snowmen and hunt for the real ones. Or, maybe have the abomitable a playabe race and we travel to find our ancestors. Give us a reason to wear those suits!
....................Transylvania, where we Vampires could to go to discover our lineage, or find that Dracula is, not only alive and well, buy turns out to be Grandpa!
....................An underground tunnel that leads us to a sunkin city. Could this be Atlantis? We may need scuba gear to explore it. Remember all the diving transport wells in TS3?
...................More real careers instead of rabbit holes. If I want to read about it, I'll buy a book. I want to go too!

New?
..................Disasters, like we have in the SimCity series. Monster attacks, floods, firestorms, windstorms, alien invasions, all selectable options so some can be turn off if desired.
..................Realistic hair and cloth. Would love to see hair that moved in the breeze. Clothing that moved like cloth instead of plastic. Mostly for higher end pc's but without needing a 4K monitor.
.................Options to choose the century or decade. New career could be inventor? Like there's no lightbulb until your Sim invents it. Based on selection certain catalogue items would be greyed out. If your playing the 50's you wouldn't build a real space ship in your backyard. Something like the Geek Con would be suppressed unti the right century or decade arrived. You could still be a geek or scientists, but you'd be like Doc, in Back-To-The-Future and making do with what's available during your time.

I'll tell you what I really don't like.....RABBIT HOLES! To me, that shows the epitome of laziness or lack of imagination on the part of developers. I know they can do better.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM
I want a car pack! I miss having cars in the game, Sims 2's world was more closed than Sims 4's and we got cars there. Also they were able to program boats into the game programing other vehicles into the game should be somewhat similar. I hope that now we have boats someone will be able to make a car mod or something, but I really want a cars pack, maybe even certain sims to be able to talk with them to add more stuff into them(Why can they talk with a toilet but not with a car?)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:34 AM Last edited by Simorph : 8th Aug 2019 at 2:46 AM.
I want my Human disguise separated "completely" from my "monster" form. By that I mean none of the restrictions apply. You can unlink your human form from your other form in CAS to "look" human, but all the occult rules still apply. So, while in my Vampire guise I'm vulnerable to the sun, drink plasma, do all the vampiry things. But while in Human form I want everything like a Human. My Vampire can tan, eat food, and walk in the sunshine. And I would need to convert to my Vampire form in order to do extreme powers like turning into a bat.. And do I have to turn into a bat colony? Why can't I just turn into a solo, if not large, bat? I'd just like a little more choices as a disguised or undisguised vampire! And that includes the hissing and snarling which is great for a Vampire but contrary to having a human disguise in the first place? To blend in with the non-occults?

I'd also like to turn into my mermaid form when I choose instead of just when entering "some types of water". And why do we convert to mermaids entering the sea, swimming pools, and bathtubs but not the the hot tub? Yes, if I want to relax in my hot tub as a mermaid, why can't I?