Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 10:07 AM
Default Why is there no TS1 downloads section?
It just seems odd The Sims 2, 3, and 4 are all supported but the game that started it all isn't. With most TS1-oriented content sites dead or dying due to sheer age, MTS offering a TS1 section could do a lot for the game's modding community. I understand the game's a bit long in the tooth these days, but I'm sure there are still many users who play The Sims 1, and it's not as though the average TS1 object or skin comes even remotely close to the size of TS2 skins or TS3 objects.

So how about it, guys? Why not give the smash hit installment that spawned the franchise we love a chance?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:07 PM
I think historically it's because the site started as a TS2 specific modding site - it was even called ModTheSims2. Then when the later games came along, at first the admins were not going to support them then under persuasion from their members they changed their mind and changed their name to drop the '2'. But it never went back retrospectively.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:56 PM
Inge is correct. At the time, there where already quite a lot of TS1 sites around, that I didn't feel it neccesary to add a Sims 1 section as well as the TS2 and TS3 (and later TS4). I have no idea of the state of the TS1 modding sites though these days....

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 4:35 PM
There is just one I happen to know of, Simblesse Oblige

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:20 PM
I think most of them are closed or disappeared forever. There are a lot of Yahoo groups for TS1 though - if I remember to take a look at some point soon I could share some links for the groups I joined. (@Tashiketh - maybe there could be a link section for TS1?)
#6 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:27 PM
In some ways it irks my sense of completism not to have a TS1 section here. Not that, tbh, I'd contribute to it much as I can't even load the game now.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:58 AM
Quite a few major sites are actually still online. Or at least they were last year when I tried, in vain, to get TS1 running again and re-downloaded some of the mods I used back then.
If there will be a TS1 section I can go through all my old bookmarks and check for still valid links. I also should still have what feels like a billion CDs of downloaded stuff which could be uploaded as some kind of archive of discontinued site content.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 11:13 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered