Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
For a new interaction with an new animation you need to know C#, Smooth Jazz, Blender and how to make an ITUN.
The skill set is pretty impressive.

You're right I didn't even know what I was even talking about but like I said it would be a great learning experience for me but it would still be cool to see those kind of tools built in the game. It's something that i'm interested in doing but I just don't know where to start to learn that kind of stuff. Anyways I decided to delete my comment because I just now realized how silly it was now that you responded.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:52 PM
I... didn't mean offense. I meant only that the skill set in making modes is impressive and covers a broad set of skills.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I... didn't mean offense. I meant only that the skill set in making modes is impressive and covers a broad set of skills.

Oh I see. I'm wondering where you went to learn all that stuff like programming. It sounds like something that i'm interested in learning although it looks very difficult to do. By the way I love your avatar of Doc from Back To The Future. Although that movie was before my time (I was born in 1998) and the movie came out in the mid eighties i'm still a huge fan of the series.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
It'd almost be a crime if you weren't a fan of Back To The Future. Though god knows how long it's been since I've seen any of them...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
It'd almost be a crime if you weren't a fan of Back To The Future. Though god knows how long it's been since I've seen any of them...

Yeah I love Back To The Future. What are your favorite parts in the series? Mine are the scenes with the hoverboard and the self tying Nike shoes. Imagine how much better life would be that they have those in real life. Oh I forgot about the flying cars, holograms and the time traveling Delorean.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:17 PM
I can't honestly remember. The fact that I've forgotten about nearly all of Part III makes me suspect that I have nothing useful to say about the series as a whole...though I've seriously considered buying myself those shoes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#32 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:41 PM
Getting off topic, but if you can't remember most of Part III, it's probably because it's the most forgettable entry in the series, and the main reason there was never a Part IV.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#33 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM
I'm still holding out for BTTF4: Return To The Past

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:11 PM
I'm still holding out for no sequel whatsoever, as Robert Zemeckis has wisely decided he will not allow any remake or sequel to be made as long as he's alive, and probably thereafter.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm still holding out for no sequel whatsoever, as Robert Zemeckis has wisely decided he will not allow any remake or sequel to be made as long as he's alive, and probably thereafter.

I got this!
Do you know where Mr. Zemeckis lives?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote:
The Polar Express director outlined his reasons for why he was so dead set against a remake, saying: “I mean, to me, that’s outrageous. Especially since it’s a good movie.
It’s like saying, ‘Let’s remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?’ What folly, what insanity is that? Why would anyone do that?”

[Bob] Gale has echoed Zemeckis' views in the past, saying there will be no Back to the Future IV without Michael J. Fox, who has largely retired from acting due to Parkinson's disease.
⁣⁣
(source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...e-remake-805887)

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM
Anyway, another thing I want in addition to a complete set of mod tools is to change to personality sliders. A slider for how fast a sim learns new skills, a slider for friendliness, a slider for attractiveness, a slider for Left brain/right brain, Gender attraction, what they find attractive (appearance, wealth, or whatever) and so on. The way EA set up, it's an "on or off" thing, but the on or off is used to factor in a number in the interaction calculations. Why not allow players to adjust that number?
Maybe start with 100 points and then you spend the 100 points by adjusting your sliders.

Sims are better than us.
#38 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 4:48 AM
Kids should be able to learn martial arts. There's no rational reason that they can't. Maybe block them from using the board and maybe only have them able to spar with other kids, but the rest of it should be doable.
Scholar
#39 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Kids should be able to learn martial arts. There's no rational reason that they can't. Maybe block them from using the board and maybe only have them able to spar with other kids, but the rest of it should be doable.

I agree. I did some judo as a kid. It's a bit like kids not being able to play instruments (which the Children Can mod thankfully alters) since most people who play instruments very well started at a young age.
Scholar
#40 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:57 PM
I just want there to be more variety in voices. All toddlers have the same voice and then after a generation or two, you end up with an entire town with the same voice.
Instructor
#41 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I just want there to be more variety in voices. All toddlers have the same voice and then after a generation or two, you end up with an entire town with the same voice.

If I'm not mistaking the function, there is an option within NRAAS Master Controller that will retroactively allow sims to inherit voices from their parents, so I would guess that should help with this?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterC...Controller-Town

It's listed as Inherit Voices and you'll need Master Controller + Master Controller Cheats and here's the description:
Quote:
Inherit Voices
Performs a retroactive inheritance on all sims in town that are using the default voice type
Module: MasterController Cheats
Scholar
#42 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:57 PM
More interesting (and less silly) cases for private investigators. And anything other than 'hiding' behind bits of bogus vegetation when they are supposed to be on a stake out.

Also something else for bands to play at gigs, rather than the same thing every time. Surely a couple of extra numbers in each genre wouldn't have been asking too much.

And, I agree with Gamegenius about the cars, it would have been nice too if sims could get on and off the school bus as they did in TS2. And wouldn't it have been even better if you could see more than three passengers aboard the bus?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#43 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
If I'm not mistaking the function, there is an option within NRAAS Master Controller that will retroactively allow sims to inherit voices from their parents, so I would guess that should help with this?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterC...Controller-Town

It's listed as Inherit Voices and you'll need Master Controller + Master Controller Cheats and here's the description:

Thank you! I remembered there was an option in one of the NRAAS mods, but couldn't remember much beyond that.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:47 AM
I wish there was a Mod that had the automated role assignments forced by Ambitions on any role objects disabled by default so NRaas Register would be required to be able to get role sims assingned to the role objects by clicking on the object to select a sim or to ask for a sim to be assigned.
Instructor
#45 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:55 PM
Two tweaks in the name of realism that I would love:
1. Allow teens through elders to sing lullaby to baby/toddler for increased social and relationship. Possibly something using the same or a similar framework as singing songs to foreign sims. Not sure if it could be made to work while the kid was in the crib, but it would be nice.
2. Social mods for pets. For example, cats don't always need to be directly interacting with you to feel satisfied. One of my besties has a cat and as long as she can hang out in the room with you, she thinks you are an amazing human. Why can't sim cats have something similar?
Scholar
#46 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:29 PM
How about a cat being able to walk on fences, the backs of chairs or even jump to the top of the fridge and lurk there. Then they could jump onto sims heads if they're mischievous or to the shoulder of their BFFs. I would also like it if a cat could settle onto a sims lap as they read, use the computer, or watch tv without stopping their action.
Page 2 of 2