Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Major Graphics Problem
So my computer recently crashed while I was in the middle of playing and completely jacked everything up and restored all my settings to default (age, moon cycles, and graphics) I changed all the settings back but the graphics were still awful, the lighting was mess up, the floors and terrain looked like plastic! I tried everything and then I updated by graphics card which caused my resolution on my computer to change completely, I am stuck my whole computers resolution is messed up and I can't even alter it in display settings, Can someone please help me solve this! I am running windows 10 on an MSI Gaming series laptop (rainbow keyboard) my game does have mods but they are just simple NRaas mods that I have never had issues with
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zkettell
So my computer recently crashed while I was in the middle of playing and completely jacked everything up and restored all my settings to default (age, moon cycles, and graphics) I changed all the settings back but the graphics were still awful, the lighting was mess up, the floors and terrain looked like plastic! I tried everything and then I updated by graphics card which caused my resolution on my computer to change completely, I am stuck my whole computers resolution is messed up and I can't even alter it in display settings, Can someone please help me solve this! I am running windows 10 on an MSI Gaming series laptop (rainbow keyboard) my game does have mods but they are just simple NRaas mods that I have never had issues with

With the current information you've provided, it's hard to tell what's the problem with your TS3, but I think you might having some different problems at once, the crash, the awful graphics, and other possibility from Win 10 as well, so in order to help you, it will be more easier to analyze what could be the problems if you can post all of the following;

1. What is your Windows 10 version? You can check this by typing dxdiag in cortana box or go to Windows Administrative Tools >> System Information.
2. Your laptop's spec in more complete details, its processor, graphics device(s) and ram.
3. Your DeviceConfig.log from your TS3 docs folder. (Post only the first 40 lines)
4. Your TS3 patch version.
5. Screenshots if necessary.