Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default How do I make my avatar pic bigger?
I doubt It's a correct place to be asking this question,so guide me where it should belong.
Ok,so I noticed that some peeps have larger avatar\profile pics. How can I do It?
My own image looks kinda distorted and low in quality because I had to resize it that much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:56 AM
Yeah some people have really big avatars, like 2-3x regular size. I'd like to get in on that. 100x100 is such an unnecessary, arbitrary restriction.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:58 AM
Donators get larger avatars.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:11 PM
Donators don't get avatars quite as large as the ones I've seen, though.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:59 PM
Well, size isn't everything, you know... :p
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:47 PM
I might remember it wrong but those oversized ones are actually an error; for whatever reason they defy the technical rules.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:16 PM
In UK English, donator seems to be used more when money is concerned, whereas donor is used for physical objects- such as book donor, blood donor, organ donor.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:27 PM
Maybe we should just start calling them "Dons" to save time and avoid confusion. Oh, wait...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Maybe we should just start calling them "Dons" to save time and avoid confusion. Oh, wait...
I second that
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Maybe we should just start calling them "Dons"

No, a Don is a scholar at Oxford or Cambridge.

Scholar
#12 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Donators get larger avatars.

Really, cuz I didn't remember that I have done something like that, so...I thought that this is possible for those who upload something, cuz option to upload bigger size avatar came after I start uploading stuff here. Or it could be error, but I don't mind
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:52 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 10th Jan 2018 at 7:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Really, cuz I didn't remember that I have done something like that, so...I thought that this is possible for those who upload something, cuz option to upload bigger size avatar came with my first upload.

Well yeah, that's the size I'm looking for. I mean yours is 152x180, that's not even that big. My avatar doesn't even fill half the space reserved for it.
I don't like it when websites waste space for no good reason. Especially not Web 2.0-era websites that are from a time when web designers weren't as preoccupied with making their pages look pretty and minimalistic.
MTS is obviously one of those sites, since the whole concept of a web forum is an inherently dated thing nowadays, so the information density had really ought to be optimized for non-HD 4:3 screens.

Though MTS is actually better put together than most other 2000s web forums. It looks a lot less cluttered than most vBulletin and PHPbb forums, and though my memory fails me I suspect it already did so in the MTS2 days when the entire internet still looked like shit. In fact, it wasn't until after Windows 8 came out that human-friendly UI design caught on.

insert signature here
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Well yeah, that's the size I'm looking for. I mean yours is 152x180, that's not even that big. But 100x100 is tiny, so it's a lot better. My avatar doesn't even fill half the space reserved for it.

Now I wonder how large avatars can be. I remember that once I put picture size of 190 x 250. And it worked. But somehow I feel very uncomfortable and changed it immediately.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
@GrijzePilion Might be something to do with the file format; all of the overly large avatars I've seem on this site seem to be GIFs.