Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 4:11 PM
Default World Adventures Expansion: broken worlds
Hey everyone, im new to this forums and im hoping im posting on the right section else feel free to move my post.
I got a problem here, i've installed World Adventures and i for some weird reason i cant open the worlds, i'd be hoping for anyone upload their worlds and can share with me or give some place where i can dowload it. Im talking about default worlds like france china and egypt.
I keep getting this error msg "A serious error has occurred while loading 'france.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application."
I do restart my sims client but doesnt work still, please help me :S
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 5:46 PM
No-one's going to upload their world for you, because that would be piracy. Moving to Sims 3 Help.

Check if it works when you try this with clean user files - so rename the The Sims 3 folder in Documents to something else so that the game makes a new one, and try again.
Were there any issue when installing? Is it all holiday worlds? The same in all towns (so does it happen in Sunset Valley and Riverview etc. etc.)?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 5:59 PM Last edited by werismyki : 9th Mar 2011 at 5:21 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3464546, 3464552, 3464564
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
No-one's going to upload their world for you, because that would be piracy. Moving to Sims 3 Help.

Check if it works when you try this with clean user files - so rename the The Sims 3 folder in Documents to something else so that the game makes a new one, and try again.
Were there any issue when installing? Is it all holiday worlds? The same in all towns (so does it happen in Sunset Valley and Riverview etc. etc.)?

installing was fine, only holidays worlds are messed up i just get an error when trying to go there saying that sims had a problem opening china, france or egypt. none of that works which makes World Adventures expansion useless. I'll try to do that check if it helps

did that renaming and still doesnt work, and tried another town as well. still doesnt work
i dont want to get to the point of re-installing everything back

Ok reinstalled and now it seems some installing issues, i'd guess my CD disk is messed up :S