Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:16 AM
Default Clear Cache Bat File
Hey everyone. I was tired of going through and deleting all 4 (or 5) cache files one by one every time I needed to clear them up , so I made a batch file for myself to allow me to do it with one double-click.

Here are the steps if you want to make your own.

1. Create a .txt text file, name it whatever you want ("Sims 3 Clear Cache.txt" for example)
2. Open it in notepad and add the following lines (be sure you replace "[user name]" with your actual username):
Quote:
del "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
3. Save the file and close it
4. Change the file extension from .txt to .bat
5. Anytime you want to clear your cache (after installing a lot of new mods for example), simply double-click this file.

For windows only. Tested on Windows 10. Use this at your own risk I suppose (you could back up your cache files if you want to test it).
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM
Alternatively, you could get the dashboard and just click to open it (turn off the auto-scan on opening) and then click the clear caches button.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
I use the dashboard also. But the above info. is helpful for folks who want to do it that way.