Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 27
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Antou
Hi! I play the Sims 4 in spanish (because i'm argentinian), and I don't like to have my CC items in another language because it feels to me fake, like that item is obviusly not original from the game. I propose you to make the same item but for spanish speakers players, if you like the idea please md me and i can translate the texts so you can create it!

Hey, Antou.

Look at this post http://modthesims.info/download.php...067#post5253067
icemunmun has attached the strings there, you can download and translate them. Then attach your zipped translated stbls to a post and icemunmun will add it in one of her next updates.
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Eighmylupin : 27th Jan 2018 at 9:21 AM.
I'm having some path finding type issues. Every time I ask my sim to make jam I get the "arm waving can't get there" animation. I've tried moving the things around the station, moving the whole station, resetting both the station and Sims as well as buying a new station. Still no luck.

Edit: Issue solved I was using "Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop" Which caused the problem. I checked back in on that mod and its been updated and the problem is fixed.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sahmormakmom
Hi folks! I love this. One issue I discovered, when you place the canning station next to the stove. My sims was making a roast chicken and when she placed the items in the oven of the "stove" the canning station rotated forward as if it were the oven door. it proceeded to behave in that manor for all seasoning adjustments etc. roast never appeared during the cooking phase but was removed properly from the oven. Hope this helped.

I have found the same problem! I had removed the canning station until this gets fixed :P
Test Subject
#329 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sahmormakmom
Hi folks! I love this. One issue I discovered, when you place the canning station next to the stove. My sims was making a roast chicken and when she placed the items in the oven of the "stove" the canning station rotated forward as if it were the oven door. it proceeded to behave in that manor for all seasoning adjustments etc. roast never appeared during the cooking phase but was removed properly from the oven. Hope this helped.

Quote: Originally posted by coto39
I have found the same problem! I had removed the canning station until this gets fixed :P

Same here, and I have the picture: https://i.imgur.com/5AQoAFV.png

It made my day much more interesting.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#330 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 10:18 AM
I am currently adding some of the cooking interactions back into the canning station so that sims can continue cooking whatever food they decide to carry over from the real stove without flipping the stove over. The choice to do different stages of cooking in different stoves around the house is an EA thing and it is completely random. Thanks to scumbumbo, I know that this can be partly solved by making a new crafting object type ( but doing that will take time and I am a little short of time right now). Will do that later.
Test Subject
#331 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Alawen : 30th Jan 2018 at 2:36 PM.
Default Spanish translation
[QUOTE=icemunmun] Nobody has done it yet. i will be very happy to have a Spanish translation :lovestruc

I've had a lot of work, but I've finally finished the translation, I hope it works well. It's my very first time
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Canning_Strings_SPANISH.rar (4.9 KB, 7 downloads)

"Primum vivere, deinde philosophare"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#332 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:53 AM
omg i remember my little obsession with canning station on TSO love you for this one =D
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#333 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alawen
[QUOTE=icemunmun] Nobody has done it yet. i will be very happy to have a Spanish translation :lovestruc

I've had a lot of work, but I've finally finished the translation, I hope it works well. It's my very first time

Thank you so much :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#334 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
This had added much to my game play. Thank you for creating this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:00 AM
Thanks so much! I love to garden and this will be a great enhancement to my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#336 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:03 AM
thank you for mod
obrigada pelo mod
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:39 PM
Would love it if you could make recipes using some of Leniad, Necrodog and BrazenLotus harvestables.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#338 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
Would love it if you could make recipes using some of Leniad, Necrodog and BrazenLotus harvestables.

Sorry! I have trouble keeping up with my own harvestables ( I am 6 uploaded harvestables behind and have at least 30-50 more harvestables planned)! I don't think i will have be able to make preserves with other people's stuff. Though I think I may use Necrodog's harvestables in future as they are unique especially the date and fig
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:25 PM
omg, this looks so cute and homey!
Test Subject
#340 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:22 PM
First of all: thank you for this mod and also your harvestables! You have enriched the life of my stay-at-home dad, hahaha.

I was wondering though if there is a way to keep the cleaning service from moving all the jars from the display rack to the fridge. I'm going to try to keep my display in a room that I lock for anyone but the family, but I'd love to be able to just have it in my kitchen. Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
#341 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM
My sim won't make; Green Mango Pickle, Sweet Chili Plum Pickle, Green Chili Spread or Mango Chutney. Going to reinstall and see if that fixes that problem.
Test Subject
#342 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Barbouille46
Hello !!
I downloaded the new version, which is not found, and I can not use the old version, can you help me please? I love this mod and it pains me a lot to not be able to use it : '(
Thanks in advance

i'm also having this issue i downloaded it and did everything proper but i cant find it in my game.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#343 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
My sim won't make; Green Mango Pickle, Sweet Chili Plum Pickle, Green Chili Spread or Mango Chutney. Going to reinstall and see if that fixes that problem.

Do you have the harvestables ? At what step do they stop ?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#344 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaleyGarrett
i'm also having this issue i downloaded it and did everything proper but i cant find it in my game.

Do you have the latest update ? ( i released a fixed version for the station not appearing for some languages)
Lab Assistant
#345 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Do you have the latest update ? ( i released a fixed version for the station not appearing for some languages)

It's something going on with my computer. After reinstalling it I got the first three to work but then my screen flashed black and after that my sim couldn't do them again.
Test Subject
#346 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun

i do indeed have the latest update.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#347 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:08 AM
Hi icemunmun! I love this mod, playing as a fairy is a lot of fun and my current Sim is so cute! My girl's voice, however, is kind of wonky. At normal speed, her voice has been raised to sound as if it's sped up, but when playing at fast speed, she sounds normal. It's not a bother, just something I wanted to mention. Thanks for all your great work for The Sims!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 1:58 PM
Hello.
I just want to ask if it was possible to use the basis of this mod to make a mod for the production of wine from grapes?
I mean here the production, get the wine in bottles and sell the bottles in a store.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:01 PM
this is cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#350 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:16 PM
ive never been able to get any of the icemunmun mods to work no matter what i do :'( they just dont show up in my build mode at all
Page 14 of 27