Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:47 PM
Default I miss cars and an open world
Just saying, this is one of the things from 3 I miss the most. I wonder if they'll ever consider either, or at least a semi-open world, in one of the 4 expansions or in 5?

(Also, I kind of want to make some Initial D sims just saying...)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM
Hardly. For open world really really doubt it. Let alone I doubt If people would be fond with the idea of just releasing the open word addition to a game in an expansion pack that is overprice as it is (making me doubt even more If they can execute on such mechanic, considering they couldn't build on apartments in CL without having a sim to trigger a loading system upon knocking neighbors door) and barely having a connect (we are now at forth expansion pack, all of them to do with what we had in previous sim titles, so anticipated packs like Seasons or University barely makes sense to have it as an addition exclusive to either one of them). If a sim can visit their neighbor without a loading screen in a penthouse/apartment that is situated at the exact SAME occupied lot of the playable, what makes you believe or be certain that OPEN WORLD is gonna be possible to code in? I mean seriously, either that weak s@#$ engine is so stupid that all the dreams are impossible or developers are out of touch with this world.

Cars, on the other hand, are possible, but in keep in mind since the initial of base game it looks the road system it programmed to basically act things you can't alter on them or even have sims interact on them, and they could hardly stand on them (sims just use the crosswalk to go to the other). Point being, from what it looks: roads aren't roads, If you get what I'm saying: just a fx/hot-lava-background to have FX cars pass by. Even if they do implant carpools/buses/ownable-vehicles, it's unlikely to have door and pull-up animation, because as I said - it's programmed to just exist for looks to a point that sims can't walk and stand up on these roads.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM
I agree and like many felt like the open world aspect of TS3 was truly something amazing but it wasn't without its flaws. Gosh damn it would run like complete ass after a while and the only way I found to play past one or two generations of sims was to just put them alone in their own neighborhood, which makes the open world borderline useless. Even then, it still ran like boo boo and this is with a stupidly overpriced, unreliable piece of crap alienware computer.

Tank the disagree button all you want, but it's all about preference. Open world/cars were great and I'll always miss them regardless of poor optimization by the devs, but since I prefer to play one family for extended periods of time, TS4 works much, much better for me. The sims are also much better to look at compared to puddinggate in TS3. The textures are worse, though, I can admit that, but their faces actually resemble real, attractive people.

Our only hope is The Sims 5, but there's no guarantee it will ever come out and if it does, it very well may get the TS4 treatment and cut more features than it adds. Buuuut, I mean, I eventually grew to love TS4 more than any of the others, despite its flaws, so even if TS5 blows upon release I will still be willing to give it a fair shot.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM
I'm jealous that you're able the current and latest iteration that is out now :/ Well, I hope competitor comes and invents a greater game or TS5 learns from the past mistakes and reinvents the hype wheel, or worse case scenario: modders will keep continue on improving the games I love (TS2 and TS3) and I will stick to those.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 9:37 PM
I know this will get a disagree but I dont give af, so basically I don't miss open world. It was mostly just acres upon acres of nothing, running from point a to b to pick up gems and rocks.

I do miss having a more open DOWNTOWN area, would love to see areas of TS4 open up to exploration, (and fake homes become un-fake) but not to the same extent as TS3-takes-84-years-to-load-Rose-from-the-Titanic-Meme. The way it was done in Jungle Adventures, how going from one arch to another transitions and loads a new area, if they did that in neighborhoods so you had more explorable areas without compromising PERFORMANCE, that'd be great.

Cars would be nice, but how to implement? I remember how early my sim would have to get up to go to work via car in TS3...Especially if he lived any distance away...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 9:52 PM
Interesting. People do still love the open world concept.... but on a smaller scale (semi-open) as @Spidergirl79 admires/dreams off. Hardly anybody disfavor it If it weren't for performance and lack of sim population issues it has caused on one's system.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:00 PM
I don't miss open world nor cars. Because I mainly play Sims 3 and hardly 4. I know open world has its problems, though I think it's also a very easy 'fall-guy'. Game is lagging? Open world! Game is freezing? Open world! Got a bug? Open world! (yeah, like Sims 4 doesn't have any) Sims are getting stuck? Open world! I think in a lot of cases it wasn't open world but something else. And besides, even if open world does have its issues: I rather have some issues and an amazing experience, than uncontrollable sims, fake backdrops and loading screens everywhere and a flawless game. Did I say flawless game? Ya, sure.

If there is ever going to be a Sims 5, I hope they will certainly get it back. But for Sims 4 it is never going to happen (though they are improving the experience).

Oh, p.s., concerning "I remember how early my sim would have to get up to go to work via car in TS3... Especially if he lived any distance away..." That's nonsense because it's considered being at work/school as soon as they step into the carpool or schoolbus.
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:48 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 4th Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM.
****, Sims 4 is way more stable for me than TS3 was. I can count the amount of times it's crashed vs lost count with TS3. I also don't remember TS2 crashing very much. Although my computer is a lot better than the one I had for TS3, I have installed TS3 on here and I just cant. Another scapegoat for TS3 was frickin' mirror reflections. OH and even rotating a lot could cause a crash! Couldn't have them on or my game would crash 100% of the time. (Although that might not be an issue with this computer I should test it out haha) If I went back to play an old version of Sims, I would go to TS2, not TS3. TS2 had the best interactions (the stuff that I find truly meaningful) in the game. Alas, I don't think I can install it on this computer.

I remember this well KNOWN bug I had with TS3 where in Bridgeport every sim in the city would route to a single lot and hang out there (just standing around). It was so bad, that if I tried to invite a sim over, they said they couldn't come because they were busy. Why? Because she was headed to this lot and had to stay there for ??? reasons?? I deleted the building that was there and they STILL all routed there. I believe there is a fix for that on MTS, (http://modthesims.info/d/452601) but I just ended up giving up and moving my sim to Appaloosa plains or something and of course he lost all his contacts, bestfriends, mother of his child, ect. Bridgeport looked and felt incredible, it's such a shame it was such a routing error gong show!

Someone: Must have been your mods!
ME: No, I used Awesomemod! and not much else. (can't the exact same thing be said for TS4?!) This is an issue that was posted on the HQ.

Someone: Don't blame the game when the problem is your computer!
Me: SOooo only people with 2000$ machines should be able to play the game? Like SHimegi once said, TS4 can run on a toaster (A SMART TOASTER, mind you, this is important) and I think that what we need is a game that delivers CONTENT, and STABILITY. The PC I have now is a 6 core processor that cost me 1200$ and runs the game beautifully at full graphics.

Bottom line: There are a lot of things I'd like to add to TS4 to improve content/interactions, but to me, stability is also important. I love TS4 and other versions, but I'm also not shy from being critical where it deserves it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:59 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 4th Apr 2018 at 12:44 AM.
Luckily I still play TS3 just as much as 4. So I don't miss all that stuff. I still got it. But yeah, TS4 seriously dropped the ball with their worlds. The lack of any suitable amount of space is bad enough. But to close everything off to the point where you gotta go through a loading screen just visit your next door neighbors is a huge step back, no matter what excuse they use.

Now if things had been semi-open, that'd be slightly different. But as it stands now, its just kinda...lazy.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Luckily I still play TS3 just as much as 4. So I don't miss all that stuff. I still got it. But yeah, TS4 seriously dropped the ball with their worlds. The lack of any suitable amount of space is bad enough. But to close everything off to thw point where you gotta go through a loading screen just visit your next door neighbors is a huge step back, no matter what excuse they use.

Now if things had been semi-open, that'd bw slightly different. But as it stands now, its just kinda...lazy.

UGH yes more lots please. More lots and more worlds.

Now, even though buying all the content in The Exchange store would cost you a cool 75000$, I still would love to see some kind of exchange store again so you CAN buy worlds?? Is that a terrible idea?? What do you all think? I used to buy stuff on the store, but mostly just clothes, and hair.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:03 AM
I'm okay without open world, I just miss having something that RESEMBLES a world. The map is awful and completely uncustomizable in TS4, which is one of the main reasons I haven't played it as much as 2 or 3.

Also, cars just haven't been the same since TS2, but yeah, I also miss them

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
****, Sims 4 is way more stable for me than TS3 was. I can count the amount of times it's crashed vs lost count with TS3. I also don't remember TS2 crashing very much. Although my computer is a lot better than the one I had for TS3, I have installed TS3 on here and I just cant. Another scapegoat for TS3 was frickin' mirror reflections. OH and even rotating a lot could cause a crash! Couldn't have them on or my game would crash 100% of the time. (Although that might not be an issue with this computer I should test it out haha) If I went back to play an old version of Sims, I would go to TS2, not TS3. TS2 had the best interactions (the stuff that I find truly meaningful) in the game. Alas, I don't think I can install it on this computer.

I remember this well KNOWN bug I had with TS3 where in Bridgeport every sim in the city would route to a single lot and hang out there (just standing around). It was so bad, that if I tried to invite a sim over, they said they couldn't come because they were busy. Why? Because she was headed to this lot and had to stay there for ??? reasons?? I deleted the building that was there and they STILL all routed there. I believe there is a fix for that on MTS, (http://modthesims.info/d/452601) but I just ended up giving up and moving my sim to Appaloosa plains or something and of course he lost all his contacts, bestfriends, mother of his child, ect. Bridgeport looked and felt incredible, it's such a shame it was such a routing error gong show!

Someone: Must have been your mods!
ME: No, I used Awesomemod! and not much else. (can't the exact same thing be said for TS4?!) This is an issue that was posted on the HQ.

Someone: Don't blame the game when the problem is your computer!
Me: SOooo only people with 2000$ machines should be able to play the game? Like SHimegi once said, TS4 can run on a toaster (A SMART TOASTER, mind you, this is important) and I think that what we need is a game that delivers CONTENT, and STABILITY. The PC I have now is a 6 core processor that cost me 1200$ and runs the game beautifully at full graphics.

Bottom line: There are a lot of things I'd like to add to TS4 to improve content/interactions, but to me, stability is also important. I love TS4 and other versions, but I'm also not shy from being critical where it deserves it.

I never had many crashes when I played vanilla (except for the first computer I played the game on, a 2006 model I believe it was and only when in build mode, so open world can’t have been the cause). Now that I have mods and CC I do have crashes at times, I really have to take care to clean my cache files now and do the occasional resetsim *. More than happy to do that because I love my mods.

As for exquipment: yeah, sorry, when you have a hobby that means you’ll have to invest. That’s no different for other computer games (gamers tend to giggle whenever I point out I need a good computer because I play Sims). My son had games on his wish list he couldn’t play until he had the money to buy a new computer. Now he can. Never heard him complaining about the fact he couldn’t play those games on his mobile phone. He treated it as something he looked forward to.

(Bridgeport and IP are open world disasters, that’s true, but why would they havecto stand model for any future open world system for this franchise?)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:12 AM
Meanwhile, I highly demand for semi-open world because you can see the interior inside buildings around your neighborhood.... like why must loading screen? You can even see a spoiled plate of food in that house...

EDIT: I miss sims 2 soundtracks too
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:42 AM
IIRC, I bought a new computer for Seasons in Sims 2 and when Sim 3 was released (or the other way around). I didn't have a whole lot of crashing, but you really needed AwesomeMod (and after Pescado finally gave up, Nraas) to handle the stuck Sims and cars.

My Sims basically don't go anywhere - I just play families - so unless they're collecting or need to go to the library or gym to complete an aspiration, I rarely encounter the loading screens. Actually, it was more annoying that to get some of the basic things my Sims would need, like the martial arts equipment, I had to send them to each of the destination worlds and see my life slip away waiting for them to load.

I'm not a car person - my Sims always had their little bicycles in Sims 3 - and all the clamour for cars seems kind of purposeless without an open world, which isn't going to happen. Probably the best bet would be a fixer-up hobby as part of a hobby pack.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 12:36 PM
While I would definitely prefer a full open world, I guess I could tolerate not having it, if EA just implemented a different change: Load all the lots/neighborhoods that my sims are currently on, so I can at least switch easily between the members of my household. As it is now I'm loathe to send any of my sims anywhere (unless I send the entire family), as it robs me of the capabilitity to control all of them.
In Sims 3 I often play with large families, but the design of Sims 4 is optimized for small families.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:27 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Apr 2018 at 1:52 PM.
I bet sims don't finish their tasks, like building a skill, when right before you left behind for one sim out of the household to travel to another lot, right? Kinda like in TS3?

Tbh, all it would take it a simple implemintation where If a sim of the neighborhood (s)he is in and goes to another lot to knock of the neighbors door (or make a step If it's a community lot) the approach could just load up in and the previous lot (If no playable is occupying) could just unload. However, since we know how lousy can come up with or the weak engine it uses, either way but I heard on the official one guy reporting that he recall the response of a guru (Graham?) saying that multitasking had to take priority and it would have a huge strain on the hardware system to calculate and make check in the area of all sims multitasking or something along those lines, we can keep on dreaming about this pie in the sky.

Dig it up:
Quote: Originally posted by jackjack_k;d-934112
Back when The Sims 4 came out, one of the Guru~s gave us some insight as to why they can~t have more than one lot active in The Sims 4, with one of the reasons being Multitasking.

According to the Guru~s, Multitasking was too taxing on people~s processors to be active on more than one lot.

Apparently Sims are constantly aware of all the variables in which creates a sort of virtual mapping and too many variables can cause the game to slow down as the processor is constantly calculating all the options available, with multiple interactions at once.

Interestingly, The Sims Mobile was launched as a watered down Sims 4, and one of the features missing is multitasking HOWEVER the game has a semi-open world where multiple venues are available at once, and your Sim can travel between them without an issue (eg. A Sim can visit a Resturant and then visit the Hospital).

So it seems it really is a case of one or the other with current hardware, but what are your thoughts on it?

Is just me, but from what I observe aren't districts basically big lots or parts of the lots that is what make up 100% of its land, except in map view and due to other limitations they aren't defined as such? I mean, you could literally interact with any (BUY/BUILD) objects that are confined there, with the thing being you can't modify, so what gives? My first guess would be it's one of the gurus another lousy excuse to skip or reduce amount of work and effort for their hands to get shiny sparkling payout for minimal work. Come on, even the way sims visit apartments isn't done in TS2 where the system doesn't require a triggering loading screen. And multitasking shouldn't be a 100% based on their reasoning since everything would just or switch to load up another area in one lot.

I must just make straight wild conclusion that TS4 is capable of anything, just that gurus are lying their asses (assess? plural of ass) off and aren't putting enough effort to make fanbase ideas into reality.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 5:47 PM
While I like the aspects of 4 and play it exclusively now I do miss aspects of 3, the open world being one of them. I understand the open world, was taxing on many computers, even my high end computer, and I would get freezes and lag and crashes. I do wish however in their world concept, they had used the semiopen concept found in DragonAge. The world feels open but is semiopen, only noticeable if you tried to stray too far off the paths. You also had a very quick transition between outdoors and entering buildings. That aside, I wish in Sims4, I could at least access the yards of neighbors without needing a loading screen. In Sims3, I could send my poor sims kids next door to play on the rich neighbors' playsets. If I do that in 4, I cannot do it without leaving the lot and having a loading screen and then I cannot control anyone left at home.

As far as cars go, I do not really miss watching my sims drive or ride in cars or ride their bikes through town, but I do wish the developers had used the same interaction with cars that 1 and 2 had. Instead of seeing my sims disappear at the sidewalk, I would like to see a return of the car pool and school bus pull up, have the sims get in and then have it disappear at the lot line/ edge of screen, or have the sims get into their own cars and have them driven to the screen edge and disappear..
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:44 AM
Me too, however, I don't miss the TS3 cars, but rather I miss the TS2 cars. They were nice and very well detailed and you could even download real-life licensed cars from the official TS2 website. Sims opened the door and got in instead of magically teleporting into them like they did in TS3. TS2 cars backed out of the driveway and onto the road instead of just magically appearing out of thin air. Also there were many interactions you can do with them, such as sitting in them and talking and woohoo'ing in them too. You could also modify and upgrade them at that. Just one of the many things TS2 did better than its successors.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I bet sims don't finish their tasks, like building a skill, when right before you left behind for one sim out of the household to travel to another lot, right? Kinda like in TS3?.
(Snipped for brevity.)

Yes, that's correct, and it's quite annoying. I understand the concept behind it - I was relieved to discover 'self-care' (with autonomy turned off) when I had one Sim off hunting collectibles and suddenly remembered that her mother would have returned from work hours ago and was probably standing on the sidewalk with all her needs in the red. I returned to the lot to find that the mother was doing fine. However, when I just want to nip out to find a plant or 'View 3 pieces at a museum' and leave the other Sims at home reading or talking to the mirror, it's irritating to come back and find them cooking and playing video games. (I once locked mom and kid in the kid's room to keep them from raiding the fridge while I retrieved dad, and the kid somehow teleported herself to another world while I was moving dad back into the household.)

It probably wouldn't be a problem if I weren't such a control freak with my Sims.
Instructor
#20 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:03 PM
I like not having to wait ten minutes to open the game, only to have it lag once it's open because too much is loaded at once.
Theorist
#21 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101
I like not having to wait ten minutes to open the game, only to have it lag once it's open because too much is loaded at once.

Not even for a better overall experience?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:17 PM
Due to the lack of CASt and an open world and the 100 other missing things in 4, I still prefer 3 over 4. I have played 4 800 some hours. I have played 3 many thousands I am sure.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 6:08 PM
I miss open world sooo much. It's one of the main reasons I went back to TS3.

One thing I dislike about TS4 is how all of the neighborhoods are connected. It wasn't always realistic for my story telling. Like, you couldn't have any storylines where people lived across the country from each other or even in different countries. It would have been cool if they had different worlds with different neighborhoods, maybe.
Scholar
#24 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101

But would you like open world and CASt without that aweful lag?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 2:57 AM
I could get lost decorating a ROOM in TS3. A house would whisk me away for days.

There was so much power as a builder in TS3. Even picking out the perfect bricks and trim for a facade a were incredibly nice fun. They put creativity first with the base game.

In TS4, when I ever play, I spend more time wondering why they make the design choices they do instead of creating things.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 1 of 2