Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 10:57 PM
Default Fir Island - a mysterious vacation world
Hey fellow Simmers!

Since my most recent world, Hana Island, is currently being moderated for upload, I figured I would start work on yet another tiny world. This new world will be far more rural than any of my other projects, and I hope to create it specifically as a vacation world to be compatible with Nraas' Traveller mod!

Fir Island is a tiny coniferous island with a mysterious backstory that only the most hardy adventurers may discover. Aside from its beautiful sites, Fir Island is also home to a wide array of interesting artifacts, gems, and plants for the avid naturalist, archaeologist, or scientist. I plan to outfit Fir Island with several tombs, as well as a base camp and an empty ownable lot.

As always, feel free to post suggestions or comments on the world! I will update as I continue work on the island.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 3:22 AM
Looking good so far! My only suggestion might be to round off those points to give a more natural look and to make the island less square looking? Tombs!!!! Fun place to visit! I am looking forward to seeing more.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 12:09 PM
I know I'm late to the party (but a wizard arrives precisely when he means to XD), but I wanted to say that it looks very cool! I agree with daisylee on the edge softening, that would help out a lot I think. An another idea that might be cool is to include a diving area, I've always loved those, but they can only be placed somewhere where the ocean is deep enough. Good luck!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 12:08 AM
This looks great but my guess is this may have been shelved unless the creator has found a way to get this to work. I recently made a tiny world to use with Nraas Traveler and it was a failure as Sims will come during the day and then all leave at about 4pm. The place is totally empty then until the next day when they show up again other than workers. So not a fun place to be. I have a thread or 2 about this in the CAW section. If someone knows of a way to get tiny vacation worlds to work please let us know.