Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:01 AM
Default Movie/Shows you hate that everyone else loves or vice versa
Are there any movies or shows that you hate that everyone else likes; or vice versa?

I hate that others love/like:
Jersey Shore
The An American Tale/Fieval the mouse movie series, words can't express how much I hate those.
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
E.T.
Twilight (BORING)
Most Remakes, VERY few of those are any good
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:22 AM
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335825

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 1:36 AM
I have already seen and commented a few times in that thread. I wanted to and did make one specifically for television shows and movies.
Theorist
#4 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:22 AM
Most novel-based movies because they never stick to the plot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:35 AM
True blood.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:25 AM
I've never seen True Blood.

vhanster, there are countless novel-to-movie adaptions that would be a lot better if they stuck to the plot!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
Are there any movies or shows that you hate that everyone else likes; or vice versa?

Jersey Shore
The An American Tale/Fieval the mouse movie series, words can't express how much I hate those.
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
E.T.
Twilight (BORING)
Most Remakes, VERY few of those are any good

I watched Dirty Dancing with some friends a little while ago and I Hated it. Soooo boring. And I don't like Twilight either ^^.

"I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night." Shanoa (Castlevania Judgment)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:38 PM
Twilight. I don't like that kind of thing to begin with so I don't need to watch it to know I wouldn't like it but the hype it got (insane fans especially didn't help) makes me hate it with a passion
in fact I hate it so much that I have a biased disinterest toward all the actors/actresses in that movie

South Park. it's so immature that it's stupidly unfunny.

The Simpsons. I used to watch it when I was a kid and I don't know why.

Seinfeld. blah.

since you mentioned Jersey Shore, I have encountered little of it. I've encountered enough to know the gist so I know it has to be stupid but not enough for me to have ill feelings towards it. I'm not a tv junkie and I don't watch MTV so I am able to avoid it. on that note though, I will say that I hate "reality" shows
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:38 AM
I hate South Park too, I have never seen the appeal of it.

I used to really like reality television, but I think I'm outgrowing it.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:46 AM
Twilight
Vampire Diaries
True Blood (I don't know why anyone likes this)
The Tudors
South Park (I don't see the appeal)
Jersey Shore
Jerseylicious
Bad Girls Club
The Help (ugh!)
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:40 AM
Here is what needs to happen to the Twilight vampires.
Screenshots
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:52 AM
Dolphin Tale
Based on a true story of a dolphin. Within the first five minutes you will realize that the movie knows that you know what bs it has crafted, and the sick part is that it will try to peddle it anyway.

Scare Tactics
They throw an unwitting person in a scary situation as payback. Everyone is acting, including the victim. Afterwards, host Tracy Morgan releases another unfunny gag that is always "white people are crazy"
Inventor
#13 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 5:55 AM
Reality shows
the "Jersey" craze that began with Jersey Shore; despite the fact that most people from New Jersey don't really act like that and are embarrassed to hell and back by those morons (I can kind of relate, what with living in a small working-class Midwestern town, you end up with the whole "trailer trash" or "Jerry Springer" bit from some people).
Katy Perry
The Black Eyed Peas
Family Guy
South Park, as others have mentioned--the really early episodes weren't that bad, and were actually a little funny at times, even with being crude (I'll admit that I've always found that one scene where Kyle cusses out the aliens [in what I think was the first episode] funny), but it's just gotten to the point where there's no doubt that they're intentionally aiming to see just who they can gross out and piss off each episode, and that's just not entertaining.
Shows that basically try and copy the worst of South Park and/or Family Guy to try and get popular.
Banned
#14 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:37 PM
I hate almost everything pop/mainstream. It's not some "oh your generation is just awful" (because I didn't like pop music when I was a kid either) but I WILL say that your generation's television is. Just. AWFUL. I remember the beginning of South Park, and it was semi-funny, but now...? Well as everyone else said it's pretty much just... Shit. All of the other stuff like that; Family Guy, American Dad, The Squidbillies, Aqua Teen, The Boondocks... Those are just the worse of the top of my head. And reality shows... Are just. AWFUL.

Have you ever heard of Loren Bouchard? I think he's very talented, and has created some hilarious shows (Bob's Burgers, Lucy The Daughter Of The Devil, Home Movies) and each show (excluding Lucy) is more... Realistic, if you will, than everything else you see on Adult Swim. For example, Home Movies and South Park are both about some 8 year olds, but in Home Movies, though it is too funny to be real life, it's much more realistic than, oh I don't know, fat kid gets an anal probe.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:02 PM
I hate everything on Adult Swim.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:37 AM
Pretty much any reality TV show...anything that comes on the CW....Twilight, Harry Potter, The Office

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:53 AM
I'm not really a CW fan myself.

A friend of mine was telling me about The Vampire Diaries; I told her I hadn't watched it because I didn't like Twilight much. She then says they are as different as night and day, then goes on to give me a long list of their similarities.
Banned
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:35 AM
Vampire Diaries are the SAME THING as Twilight. I read one of those books once (I love vampires, but more like Dracula killing some people) and it's JUST like Twilight.
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 5:16 AM
It sounds like it. I just thought it was funny that she says they're so different, then immediately gives a long list of similarities.

I like those types of vampires too, 5MOK3. I love the Blade movie series, and compared to those vampires, the ones in Twilight (even the bad ones) are complete wimps.
Banned
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:42 PM
Haha I can just imagine it. "Check out this book, it's so great!" "...Is it like Twilight?" "No, not at all! It has vampire-human WooHoo, vampires trying to stop vampires from killing some random slut... Like Twilight!"
Instructor
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:53 PM
Actually I have read Twilight and hated it (though I read all of it to prove a point) and watched The Vampire Diaries and it's actually pretty different in the approach although the source material is very similar. It's one of those shows where you have to get past the first few episodes to actually see what it's all about. Plus, Ian Somerhalder is hot and actually a talented actor besides.

I admit I watch it just to see him be a snarky git that can't seem to stay clothed for long.

There is not that many things I absolutely hate that everyone adores (if you exclude Twilight as it should be a given). I don't really like Ghost Whisperer or Glee. But I don't exactly hate them either. I'm pretty easy to entertain.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM
Glee. The first couple of episodes of the first season was a refreshing idea. Now? It's become an obnoxious parody of itself.
Jersey Shore. I've yet to see an episode of this crap. In fact, I haven't watched MTV since...I was in middle school - that was over ten years ago.
Lady Gaga. She is soooo 2008. ← I know she isn't a show or movie but, I thought I'd include her as everyone raves over her and I'm not sure as to why?
The Exorcist. I've spent YEARS afraid of this shit. For what? I. Don't. Know. It's long, boring and overrated.

As far as Twilight or Harry Potter goes, I have no opinion of these franchises as I have never laid my eyes on the books or films.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:22 AM

Jersey Shore
Twilight
True Blood
Glee

Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
The Exorcist. I've spent YEARS afraid of this shit. For what? I. Don't. Know. It's long, boring and overrated.

Felt the exact same way dude. I feared it, and my girlfriend made me watch it. It wasn't scary at ALL. It was really, really boring, overrated and nothing scary about it.

But strangely, what I find super ironic/funny, is that I have a great love towards old shows. I love Hazel, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, The Nanny, Full House, That 70's Show and shows that started pre-2000. Does anybody else agree that shows/episodes of some shows began to suck after 2000 hit? Like I LOVED Family Guy until it hit about season three. Lois became a really nasty bitch, Meg became more of an easy target to make fun of, Peter wasn't such a dumbass and Stewie became more of this really questionable homo queer-idiot. (Not bashing gays. Hell I AM gay, but I loved the Evil of Stewie that was always plotting and they ruined his character by making him all just blah.)

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
Felt the exact same way dude. I feared it, and my girlfriend made me watch it. It wasn't scary at ALL. It was really, really boring, overrated and nothing scary about it.

Right?!

Halloween 2010 I decided to watch The Exorcist for the very first time. I was like, screw this! I cannot call myself a horror movie fan if I can't watch the film that started it all.

And so, I did.

Throughout the movie, I spent my time either: (a) rolling my eyes; or (b) laughing my ass off. [The scene where a possessed Reagan pees on the carpet during the dinner party makes me laugh my ass off every single time.]

Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
But strangely, what I find super ironic/funny, is that I have a great love towards old shows. I love Hazel, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, The Nanny, Full House, That 70's Show and shows that started pre-2000.

Does anybody else agree that shows/episodes of some shows began to suck after 2000 hit? Like I LOVED Family Guy until it hit about season three. Lois became a really nasty bitch, Meg became more of an easy target to make fun of, Peter wasn't such a dumbass and Stewie became more of this really questionable homo queer-idiot. (Not bashing gays. Hell I AM gay, but I loved the Evil of Stewie that was always plotting and they ruined his character by making him all just blah.)

Some of THE best television shows took place before the year 2000. (I'm a DIEHARD Golden Girls fan - a show that came out several years before my time.)

I loved Full House, Pee-Wee's Playhouse (something I've come to appreciate as an adult due to its overt sexual innuendos) The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Blossom (WHOA!), Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, That 70s Show, Step By Step, The Wayans Bros, Saved By The Bell, The Wonder Years, etc.

Man, we had some good stuff back in the day! Now, we're being smothered by Kim Kardashian's big, fake ass.
Inventor
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:04 PM
I have never had any desire to watch any of The Exorcist movies.

DeLoure, I agree completely. Most of the television shows today suck compared to those of the past, movies too. With the exception of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, I loved all the shows you listed.
Page 1 of 3