Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2023 at 11:33 PM Last edited by RheaIvy : 11th Jun 2023 at 6:33 PM.
Default Adding a new interaction to Monique's Hacked Computer?
Hello!

I'm sorry if it's not allowed, I'm just assuming it's okay to edit this mod because of Monique's long absence, but if it breaks any rules I won't post about it again. Also, I don't know if it somehow helps, but the changes I want to make are meant to be for personal use only, and I don't plan on uploading it anywhere.

To my current issue: I wanted to add an option to buy the Biotech Station medicine vial from the computer. I've been working on it from the cheap computer file, and so far I've managed to make the pie menu strings functional, adjust the price and amount of items bought, link the BHAVs to the vial's GUID and apply the moderate medicine overlay. I cloned the apple's BHAV for the vial, and so far it seems to be the only one that would work without causing an error when my sim buys the medicine. But I still can't make the vial functional, and I can't even click on it.

So far I've only learned how to make some minor changes and mesh/texture replacements on SimPE, this is my first try on doing such a big change on a mod, and the tutorials I found only helped me this far. Am I missing something, or did I do anything wrong?

I'd be glad for any advice!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 12:39 AM
Look at the code for the way the biotech station creates the vial. It's probably setting an attribute to make the vial usable or something.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2023 at 7:37 PM
First of all, thanks omglo for the tip!

Just a small update: still couldn't make it work. I took a long break before trying to remake the whole thing from scratch, and while I am satisfied with the other changes I made, I still couldn't figure out how to make it functional.

The root of my problems is not knowing what I'm doing at all. I don't understand a thing about modding, and all I achieved was through trial and error or trying to mimic other mods, and while I was lucky with a few things, it's clear the whole thing is way beyond my skills right now. So I guess I'll be putting this idea aside until I can find proper tutorials and learn my way around. Or if someone sees this post and feels like taking this project over, you'll be more than welcome to!
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 4:59 AM
You have to be sick to be able to take the medicine, or another person has to be sick to give it to him.

What/who is the "apple"? Cloning another object and dealing with meshes is more difficult compared to creating an "Accessory - Vial". You have to look what the error says to understand what to do about it.

attrib 0: bool Is Virus
attrib 1: potency strong > 50 => moderate > x (dunno) > weak (subtracted from the severity of the disease)
attrib 3: value (can't sell the accessory)