Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:59 PM
Disappointing karaoke machine and singer career
I'm very disappointed in everything that has to do with singing in this expansion pack.

First of all, my sims can only do karaoke on "New Glitz" in the single version and some gooey, romantic song in pairs. That's it! It's interesting at the begining, but you soon get fed up with listening to them singing the same old tune over and over again, even when they get good at it.

Then there's the singing voice. All females, no matter which voice they have (1, 2 or 3) or which pitch of the voice, they all sound the same when singing. That's not ok! I want my deep voiced females to sing diffrently from their high pitched counterparts. The same goes for men.

My conclusion to this rant is this: if you've had one female singer and one male singer in your game, you've seen them all. There is nothing new or exciting for you to try out with other sims. They will all sound the same and their way to stardom will be no diffrent than the one you've already experienced.

What a disappointment!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:32 AM
I completely agree. Before I got the EP I was really excited for the singing over everything else but now I actually have it the singing is my least favourite new career path. Everything is so repetitive which I hate and I am sick of hearing the same stuff over and over. And the voices bug me so much that I've given up with singing careers all together.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:36 AM
I haven't finished playing my first singer (spend too much time creating instead of playing ) and I'm enjoying it. But who knows if I will still enjoy it next time around.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:52 PM
I only have one sim who has a sing career and in truth I thought that it is was simple until gigs as I am never sure what I need to do.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:51 AM
Well, yeah, there aren't many variations of the songs in a karaoke machine. But I think it's the best thing happened in Showtime. At least for me. The same voices for all voice types for singers are quite disappointing, true. I wished for my male singer to have a sexy low-pitched voice when singing, but meh his voice totally changed when performing XD

I love sending Sims who have 0 karaoke skill to sing with the machine. I laughed so hard when I first hear them sing, especially the 1st male voice and the 2nd female voice. I also love recording the karaoke fails. The gooey and overly cheesy duet songs made it funnier.

The disco solo song is a song from Sims 1. Brings back the memories

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 3:34 PM
I've banished all karaoke machines. When my sims wish to sing on one, I'm so quick to dismiss it that smokes comes out of my mouse finger.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:45 AM
I've recently started my sim in the singing career (trying it for the first time) and it's... really underwhelming. It's funny seeing them perform their sing-a-gram for the first time but after the same person needs a new gram every day it gets old.

I'll stick with it in hopes that it becomes more exciting but so far it's relatively mediocre.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:07 PM
IKR? First I wanted to have the option to choose my sims musical path according to the genre.. it's really boring that no matter what your sim looks or sounds he'll always sing the same stuff..

Also they could've upgrade the band system to make it work with singers
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:24 PM
I also don't like that my sims voice sounds different depending on what song she sings. Sometimes her singing voice in real low and then in a different song her singing voice will be higher. It's things like this that EA does that make me go.. "Huh????"
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I've banished all karaoke machines. When my sims wish to sing on one, I'm so quick to dismiss it that smokes comes out of my mouse finger.
. LOL that's what happens to me when my sim gets the (wish to see child age up well) cos my sims stay teens forever
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:46 PM
I especially hate it when I couldn't hear them sing because of a stupid bug.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:39 PM
Tell me about it. The singer career got disappointing, and I was shocked that your singer couldn't join a band if Late Night was installed.
Scholar
#13 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Tell me about it. The singer career got disappointing, and I was shocked that your singer couldn't join a band if Late Night was installed.

One of the main reasons I uninstalled Showtime, Stupid EA.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03

That was probably the biggest failing if the Sims 3 Series, there was no cross EP support at all. Supernatural and Seasons were the only EPs that had any sort of support for other EPs and then only really with each other. Supernatural only did some things to modify vampires because I think they decided to redo them as part of supernatural, not any sort of intended cross support. You'd think there would have been someone who said, "Hey, you know if we do some items that support items in other EPs, people might be tempted to buy them as well" for some cross support, but apparently they never did.

That said, i liked the singer career and karaoke well enough. If you want funny, get someone who has a high singing skill and one with no singing skill to do a duet. The difference in the voices is hilarious. I'm not sure but I think the body language also changes base don skill.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:53 AM
Sorry EA but I expected my singer to perform at concerts not singagrams,
Instructor
#16 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
Sorry EA but I expected my singer to perform at concerts not singagrams,

For most of the career you do sing at concerts(aka gigs), or at least I did. It was only the first level of the career that had me doing sing-a-grams. Playing for tips can also raise your fast so there is no need to rely on the sing-a-grams. Heck, if you don't like the sing-a-grams just go to playing for tips. Once you have the option to audition for gigs though any day you have a gig you don't get sing-a-gram jobs. Consider it incentive to go out and audition.