Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 9:31 AM
Default Architect Build - furnishing
Hi all

I've built a house from a real house floor plan and it looks great! To me, anyway. But I'm having trouble decorating/furnishing it. What would you all suggest? Colour schemes? How to find appropriate styles of furniture? I usually get bored and plonk any old furniture down but this house needs more than that.

Also the yard.

Any tips on how to go about it would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Sheep
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:32 AM
You have had 86 views on this and no replies. Maybe others are in the same boat that I am in, and that is I do not understand this build at all. Perhaps if you can link to the source/plans for this we can understand more what you are trying to accomplish. For example, is the cement pad there as in the original plan that is a garage out front? The roof is mid-century modern in part, and the windows are colonial. We need your help to make sense of this. And the floorplan is very odd. What are the small rooms along the front supposed to be, for example?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 9:04 PM
Yes it would be helpful for pictures with a closer view of the actual structure(and room designations) and not too far away so it can be seen clearly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 6:45 AM
Thanks for your responses!

Here is the plan I was working from. It's definitely a more modern home, and yes that's a garage. I guess I should change the windows. Excellent feedback!

The little rooms are intended as media/office spaces but could be co-opted for anything really.

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 12:39 PM
@CrazySheep808 - The link you provided shows where a lot of the furniture and decorations(plants in front) are already in the house plan. This seems like a modern home with minimalast interior decoration from the few pictures given so I would look at other minimalist type houses if you are trying for a close approximation. The trees,flowers, and other landscaping would likely be what you would find in a typical upper end suburban setting.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 2:44 AM
Ok, thank you. I will have a go

Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 7:40 AM
Thank you for the link. Solely my opinion, the house in the plan is very traditional. If you want your house to match it more I would change to the hipped roofs like it has. Or if if you want to go with the mid-century look, even though that house really is not one, go all the way with that style. Which ever way you go, if you use doors and windows that match the style the house will have a more cohesive look and it will lead you to how to furnish it. And I would either do garages or if not, get rid of the paved drive area to make a more welcoming entrance and add to the curb appeal.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 5:18 AM
Are small rooms in the front for bathrooms and closets? Is the room on the right front a nursery or gym? Not sure what style you prefer, modern or contemporary? Is there a modded set of sliding glass doors with a mirrored front for the closets?

If you use Plasticbox's liberated vehicles, you can fill up the front driveway. They look better than enlarging the toy cars. Around the Sims 4 has different groups of clothes hung on a closet pole. This house would be good for a family with grandparents, since they won't have to use stairs. Or if Sims 4 creates useable wheelchairs.