Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
Default The Dark and Crusty Vent
Lol.. So I don't know if I'll get in trouble for starting this thread..but I really needed to vent a bit.

That being my inspiration... I decided to create a dark place for peeps to vent about sims stuff....really anything that is annoying you around or about the Sims Universe.

There are some rules, however, to keep things civil.

No Cussing (obviously)
No Naming Names
No Personal Attacks
And Use Common Sense... You still need to follow MTSi's rules.

This is mostly a place to feel safe and get support from ppl who went through things you did reguarding the Sims, and dealing with all the idiots who make it anoying sometimes.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
Ok so this is why I started this thread because I needed to talk about this....and the comment section of my downloads is not the place for it.

I sure a few of you are aware of the "controversy" my gothic lolita outfits started with a few annoying people.

Ok so I'll admit when I made the outfits I was ignorant to what Gothic Lolita meant to these ppl. The reason it was called as such in the first place was because that is what IMVU called the outfit. I simple answered a request and named it what it had been named on IMVU.

I was totally unprepared for the crap storm that followed.

I usually make it a point not to even discuss or argue with ppl on the net because it doesn't really matter anyways.

Personally I am not so arrogant as to apologize when I've made a mistake...I don't set out to offend people...I don't like to be offended myself.

I did apologize to aforementioned people.....But aparently that wasn't good enough.

I might have re-named my download, but for the sheer amount of people demanding I take it down, and harrasing me, I refused to comply.

I was told such things that I was making a cultural insult......I do respect lolita..but it isn't a culture fully... it is a lifestyle choice and maybe pop culture....but not an actual culture.
And aparently by challenging the status quoe I was making them out to be skanks.

One person went so far as to send my harrasing pm's and argue with me on my downloads comments......I simply told him I was sorry, and that if he doesn't like it he just shouldn't use them. I told him I wasn't going to change it because nearly 20,000 ppl now have downloaded the outfits and that says something. It is actually still my best download.

I also told him that I am an artist and fashion designer of sorts.. and it is my right and honor to challenge peoples pre concieved notions. If designers and artists didn't do this nothing in the world would ever change. I then told him the the matter was closed and to stop Pm-ing me about it because I wan't going to change my mind.

He didn't listened and even compared me to certain infamous facists.....I lost my temper then.

I then told him if he considers himself to be a non conformist he is wrong. By being so strict with a style of dress...and dressing like everyone else who dresses like that he is just a conformist of another kind.

He then rallyed more ppl to his cause....The moderators caught wind of it and we were all told to drop it..I was very releaved.......

Everything was fine for a few months.... I got a few more comments on the downloads, but I let them stand as long as the weren't totally rude. I just respectfully asked ppl to keep their comments to praise and constructive criticisim pertaining to the actual art involved.

Recently..... the person decided to continue the arguement in my download comments. I simply reported him as I was told to do my the mods. I am totally done with the arguement.... but it does feel good to get it off my chest now...I haven't really talked about it at great legnth with anybody because I actually feel sad that someone had nothing better to do than annoy me.

I wish that person no ill will and I hope they find the peace and happiness in life that I have.

Thanks for listening to my vent.....It heals me greatly to get it all out.

(I am soooooo getting in trouble for this...)
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:53 PM
I'm sorry Serena *hugs* People may be very annoying with your uploads... I think that this is not the same, but... I don't know if you have seen my last upload, The Eye Project, well... someone posted a comment saying that a lot of my eyes looked the same, and that hurt me a lot, because before doing that project I had really thought on giving up of creating... I don't know why people post that kind of comments...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:22 PM
I'm sorry somebody said that.....that was kinda rude of them. I don't think your eyes look all the same. Yes, they do look a bit similar, but that's only a reflection of your personal style, of course things you make will look like you made them. That's what makes them uniquely yours.
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
I'm sorry Serena *hugs* People may be very annoying with your uploads... I think that this is not the same, but... I don't know if you have seen my last upload, The Eye Project, well... someone posted a comment saying that a lot of my eyes looked the same, and that hurt me a lot, because before doing that project I had really thought on giving up of creating... I don't know why people post that kind of comments...

You know how I feel about your eyes form Nintendorks chat. The same as Serena .
This isn't a personal vent...but i'm really angry about some of the bad feedback Nina's eyes have been getting. I KNOW how long she worked on them... and they're perfect...why do people need to say they're bad...and there is too many?
They come in sets so that you don't have to downlaod all
*pokes the commentors on Nina's eyes*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:44 PM
Yeah it is a bit sad...some people don't have anything better to do then to disrespect peoples hard work. That's probably why I was so mad about my outfits was because they were my first texture and it took me a month to do. I'm so angry I want to make more sexy gothic lolita stuff to get back at them...but then I'd be no better than them I suppose. I personally love Nina's stuff.

I have no problem with people giving constructive critisism, that's is how we grow and evolve as artisits.... but when they are blatently rude.... it saddens me.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:54 PM
Thanks guys

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 11:22 PM
Nina, your eye sets are beautiful, and can only get better from here on out. Don't give up on creating, I did for a while and it was hell when I tried to get back into it, you don't want that. lol.

Serena, oh god hun the feeling is mutual. I've never had criticism to that extent, but when I uploaded that gothic tea party set of mine, I used the forbidden word 'Lolita' in the thread. Ugh, the amount of asinine feedback you get where people smugly write "Well, technically, that's more of an ero-lolita, than a gothic lolita. Kthx." It is really quite frustrating. I actually had a few people PMing me with "Hey, loved the upload, plz make more, and if you're interested, that isn't really a Lolita!" And it's like, I don't know whether to be happy about that or be pissed off. It's kind of a subliminal bitchslap to the face. One person who PMed me sent me this pretty much 5 page long article on Lolita culture probably copied and pasted from wikipedia. Well.....good for them.

All in all, I respect and love the Lolita culture so much that I even try to make crap for the sims2 based off it . You would think that would be enough for some people, but it isn't sadly.

As creators, we must understand that sometimes people make these comments on threads because they are lonely, sad, anal, aggressive, emotionally constipated, close-minded people who don't understand the fact that the sims2 is a game...made of pixels...our improper use of the word Lolita can't harm them in real life!!! D=

Lol. Don't take it to heart guys, if these people honestly have nothing better to do than annoy people on MTS then they are hardly worth your time anyway. And don't feel it's ever just you, all creators deal with it. There is always going to be that one person who has a problem with everything.

Between this thread and our other one on Content Stealers, yep, expect it to be banned. But at least you got the steam off aye?

x a m y x
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:41 AM
Also, might I add, 98% of the time downloaders are lovely people to deal with. Its just the odd few who ruin it for everyone involved. And I fully support constructive criticism, but its when things start to get nasty or personal that feedback is taken too far. MTS modders are always incredibly quick to catch a fight though. We must give them credit for that. Everytime you stalk a thread thinking you might see some interesting hatemail, it's all been taken down! lol.

...not that I find cyber-arguments on random threads with people who you don't know about a computer game to be totally pointless and hilarious or anything like that....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:11 PM
I totaally Agree.....If i don't laugh about it..I'll just cry at the stupidity.

I do love the mods...but I hate the you can't talk about stuff. I think civil venting can be quite healing. I hope as long as we keep names out of is and keep it clean and nice hopefully I won't get in trouble for starting the thread. Technicall it isn't against the rules to discuss...but I can see it being a slippery slope as well.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:40 AM
I've just confirmed that there's still good people in this world... A girl called RandomVampire has posted a good comment in each one of my 20 uploads tonight... *cries* It has been really touching...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 9:37 PM
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#13 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM
I'm mad because I found my last creation: L from Death Note in GoS Worst Finds

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:04 AM
aww... that's so mean... y do they do that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:16 AM
OMG!!!! it has finally happened to me

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...&languageCode=8

I figured it was only a matter of time b4 some of my stuff ended up on the Exchange because of some stupid person.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:14 PM Last edited by fthomas : 15th Apr 2010 at 1:37 PM.
Nina, all your eyes are beautiful, and are definitely NOT a worst find.
Serena, people are stupid. Its just cause they can't create themselves.

I have nothing I need to vent, but I will listen to anyone who is feeling sad, *points at warm heart*.