Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM
Origin deleted most of my cc!
Help, I don't know what to do.. I fixed my game through origin and now almost all my custom content is nowhere to be found. This is so depressing
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
can you start from the beginning?
1. Did you repair your game via origin? or did you update it? or did you do a game refresh where you renamed your sims game.old and then delete?
2. Did you enable script mods and custom content in your game after you started it up?

can you upload a picture of the inside of your sims folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
can you start from the beginning?
1. Did you repair your game via origin? or did you update it? or did you do a game refresh where you renamed your sims game.old and then delete?
2. Did you enable script mods and custom content in your game after you started it up?

can you upload a picture of the inside of your sims folder?

1: Repaired it.
2: Yes, I checked immediately and they were on. There were a lot of files missing from my packages folder though.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:51 PM
You have a lot of last exception files which could mean your cc is way out of wack. Would you like to upload your mods folder (to dropbox is easy if you have, or one drive or google) and I can take a look at it?

Only upload your mods folder - I can organize it, check for updated files and see what is up. Send me a PM with a link and I will check it out.

I don't judge. I don't keep your mods. I will re-upload a fixed folder for you as soon as I can fix it (daughter has dr's appt, so it will be later tonight US pacific standard time).

If you are not interested, no worries there either.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:29 PM
Next time, make sure you have a recent backup of your current game and mods (the files in the folder in your picture, ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), just in case.

When installing new EPs/SPs, new Origin updates to TS4, and similar, make sure you look through your mods and weed out old ones. Updates frequently break older CC, and may cause your game to be unstable or even crash.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Next time, make sure you have a recent backup of your current game and mods (the files in the folder in your picture, ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), just in case.

When installing new EPs/SPs, new Origin updates to TS4, and similar, make sure you look through your mods and weed out old ones. Updates frequently break older CC, and may cause your game to be unstable or even crash.

Yes I know, but I didn't except it to be deleted.. Nothing like this ever happened with the sims 3 and it really made me panic.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
You have a lot of last exception files which could mean your cc is way out of wack. Would you like to upload your mods folder (to dropbox is easy if you have, or one drive or google) and I can take a look at it?

Only upload your mods folder - I can organize it, check for updated files and see what is up. Send me a PM with a link and I will check it out.

I don't judge. I don't keep your mods. I will re-upload a fixed folder for you as soon as I can fix it (daughter has dr's appt, so it will be later tonight US pacific standard time).

If you are not interested, no worries there either.

Too late as I already started downloading new ones :/ I guess I'll just have to backup everything from now on, kind of sucks though.