Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:45 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 20th Feb 2018 at 2:11 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strange SimPE issue with new (0.75.1.31194 ) version - disappearing SimPE.exe
Ok, I know this sounds crazy, but it's happened twice now. Maybe only @Quaxi can tell what's up or maybe I'm missing some vital, but obvious, piece of info, but this is what happens. I unzip the new version of SimPE into it's own folder. I create a shortcut and begin running it. It loads ok. I can open a neighborhood, and edit sims. But, as I reported earlier "I downloaded the file on Quaxi's post#83, but when I try to save an export file in the SimSurgery plugin, the entire program (SimPE) just closes." Now it turns out, that, when it closed, the SimPE.exe file had actually disappeared from the folder. I saw this first because, after it closed, I tried to open it again, but the shortcut said the file it pointed it to no longer existed. Ok. I check in the folder and, sure enough, it's gone. Just that file, AFAIK. All sorts of other files still there.

I started over, creating a new folder and unzipping from the 7z file over again. It works fine for a while, until I try to use another plugin, Object workshop. I try to open a package file. SimPE closes. Shortcut no longer works. Executable is gone. HOW can that even HAPPEN?! I have no idea. I have both borked folders still, just so I can compare the evidence as well as, yet another, folder with a newly unzipped 7z that contains the exe.

I have an older version still that is working ok, but, honestly, I'm afraid to try any plugins in it, just in case it ruins that installation, too. Any help much appreciated.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:53 AM
I would suspect that your antivirus is quarantining the exe files; try adding the SimPE files to your exclusions list.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would suspect that your antivirus is quarantining the exe files; try adding the SimPE files to your exclusions list.

Brilliant! Thank you! Sure enough, there are 3 instances of simPE.exe in quarantine. I restored them and now have three working installs. One can never have enough SimPE.
Thank you so much. I've never experienced that before and it would've taken me quite a while to think of it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:49 PM
Anti-virus seem to be getting more picky.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc