Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 1:55 PM
I don't think he means that sims will be walking in the air, at least I hope not. You can't release a hood with glaring errors like that.
Instead I think he means that sims elevation follows the curvature of the bridge....am I right?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 2:06 PM
I think this world looks amazing but the bridges really throw off the visuals for me. Perhaps lower them and have the clipping and then have just one or a few in a more remote area that are raised for photo ops? And I still am very curious to see what gondolas sims can actually use on the water.
Theorist
#28 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:12 PM Last edited by tizerist : 5th Jun 2017 at 7:37 PM.
I think raising the terrain to fit the bridge would be the best way. A gradual raising.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 5:03 PM
Looks awesome so far!

I agree with heaven and tizerist- a short ramp leading to the bridges would help fix the problem, and you could essentially integrate the ramps into the rest of the city with deco buildings on both sides.

Speaking of which, how many lots are you thinking of adding? I think deco buildings will help avoid the need for too many lots (150 is probably the playable maximum, most EA worlds have around 90-100 lots), and bridge the gap between lots.
Theorist
#30 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 3:21 AM
This is the closest rideable boat I could find to a Gondola. SIL's Native American boat.

#BlairWitchPetition
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:30 AM Last edited by stefanistic : 28th Jun 2018 at 4:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am very curious about the gondolas. The Amore ones used the canal piece system like the tractor and roller coaster. They would not work off lots, correct? You have some CC ones that sims can use off lots? I see there are the decorative ones here. I would love to see a test sim on one going under one of the bridges. I am curious how you will do that.

This is all looking so good. I love Venice and hope to go back there someday.

The gondolas you see are only decorative. My sims are using the boats that come with Island Paradise. I will post a screenshot of a sim rowing under a bridge sometime soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
This is the closest rideable boat I could find to a Gondola. SIL's Native American boat.

I have this and I do agree it's the closest thing to a rideable gondola.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:58 AM
Thank you for all the feedback. When I started this project, I knew that it would be impossible to 100% replicate Venice on the Sims 3. One of the sacrifices I made was deciding to raise the bridges so that sims could ride their boats under the bridges. If you've ever been to Venice in real life or in simulations (where are my Assassin's Creed fans at?), you would agree that it's one of the most magical feelings that Venice offers visitors. Lowering the water the level wouldn't work either because the look would be completely off from the real place. I'm actually not building in CAW anymore. I don't really like working with CAW, for some reason it won't let me edit in-game. So every time I have to go back and change something in CAW, I would have to uninstall the current version of the world, delete the save file and start over. It's quite a hassle. But I might just go back and improve the look of the bridges by using ramps. I have listened to all of your feedback though and will see what I can do. Please keep in mind that I do this just for fun and as a way to keep me being creative when I'm not painting. If in the end, the finished project does not please everyone, please know that I have tried. And before I sound ungrateful to everyone who have taken their time to leave a feedback, I am every thankful for all the tips. I can't wait to show you more progress. in the near future.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:46 AM
I think you are doing an amazing world and cannot wait to see more! Please keep us posted.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 10:52 PM
This look wonderful
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 12:40 AM
I've subscribed to this thread and have been following progress. This looks absolutely wonderful and I can not imagine anyone not being pleased with your finished product. Really looking forward to playing it. I can not be any help building but if you need people to test I would be happy to do that if it will help
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 3:03 PM
Thought this might bee interesting. http://aminovas.tumblr.com/gondola
Mad Poster
#38 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba

Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I've subscribed to this thread and have been following progress. This looks absolutely wonderful and I can not imagine anyone not being pleased with your finished product. Really looking forward to playing it. I can not be any help building but if you need people to test I would be happy to do that if it will help

Thank you for the kind words and offer to help. I'm in the process of going back to CAW to work on placing ramps next to bridges to make them look more seamless. And I will also be figuring out how to make the gondolas rideable on actual water. I will count you in if I ever needed help testing the world out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Batsheba

Thank you for this, I'll be looking into this and test it out.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stefanistic
Thank you for this, I'll be looking into this and test it out.

Aminovas is also working on getting the gondolas to work outside lot on real water.
Instructor
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:35 AM
Perhaps you could create the bridges yourself using hidden lots, since the IP patch let us have lots overlap the world water. Or would this create boat routing issues?

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:38 PM
Looking forward to the finished product. I love having Worlds like this because (using Nrass traveller) my Sims can go on holidays to different places.
Theorist
#44 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
Perhaps you could create the bridges yourself using hidden lots, since the IP patch let us have lots overlap the world water. Or would this create boat routing issues?

I think if sims are going from A to B, and they have to use a lot to go there, they will do anything simmingly possible to avoid that. Neighbourhood bridges don't have that issue.

#BlairWitchPetition
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:13 AM Last edited by stefanistic : 28th Jun 2018 at 4:01 AM.
Default June 2018 Update
I'm sorry for the long absence. I just want to let you know that I am still working on this world along with many other projects. Here is what I've been working on:

I welcome your feedback as always, and do please be patient as I'm always working on something else, for example, a realistic Palace of Versailles which I will post soon. Thank you.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:14 AM
I am so happy to see that this project is still alive! I so look forward to its completion, whenever that comes. Thank you for sharing your progress.
Theorist
#47 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:47 AM
Wow wooooow

#BlairWitchPetition
Mad Poster
#48 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:36 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are working on this again. EXCELLENT work! WOWZA!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:49 PM
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:42 PM
YAY!!! I love European worlds!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait for it to be completed! I refuse to go to sims 4!
Page 2 of 3