Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:18 PM
Default A Private Island for your Sims!!!!
Hey everyone,

I want to make a small beautiful private island for my sim.
64x64 hillside lot (with an AMAZING view).
A horse stable.
A boathouse.

I want everything to be completely self-sustainable.
Everything will have solar panels.
There will be a farm with all essential fruits/vegs.

There will also be some fun places to explore

So, I am almost done with the lot itself, and want to know how this will work once I start the game..

I mean, I assume there will be a mailman that will randomly show up.
Same with paparazzi (my sim is FAMOUS (and of course, rich enough to have a private island)).

So, is there a way to turn this stuff off?
I want this island just for me (and my island pets).
No other human.
Complete solitude.

How can I do this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:45 PM
Hmm... I have a small island where I test my stuff and I don't think you can avoid these NPC's to come, the mailman, police, firefighter, schoolbus, taxi, burglar, etc...
I have pets so there is also wild horses, deers, straydogs, etc.
I've been searching but didn't find any mods or anything to turn off these extra figures on the island.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:05 AM
Bummer....

I guess I'll have to make a small city of huts on the other end of the island.

With the moveobjects on cheat, you can hide rabbit holes in basements...
So I can have the city hall and other essentials, without losing the theme of a small island.
Banned
#4 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:48 AM
If there are no roads whatsoever the town will be severely jacked up. You cannot call most service sims, and there will be NPC sims running across the world at random, spawning in a random spot and disappearing in another random spot. I played an island world and this was the only problem with it- a constant, constant stream of various service sims being spawned, running across the map, and disappearing. It was really distracting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:53 AM
(sad face)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:46 AM
Even Gilligan had roads, sorta.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:06 AM
Shimrod has a mod to get rid of paparazzi, I believe
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:18 AM
Maybe you want to check in on IggyJD03 (aka ProfPlumbob)'s Coconut Island project. It has never had any roads either.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:08 PM
Service sims always spawn and randomly disappear on lots. I'm sure this would be more noticeable on a mostly unpopulated island than in a regular neighborhood, though.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 7:23 PM
Regarding the roads, I don't see why you couldn't add them, at least for service NPCs, and just blend them into the environment. Both Hidden Springs and Lucky Palms have inconspicuous dirt roads leading to the more secluded parts of town. If not for seeing cars driving on them now and then, you'd hardly even know they were there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:37 AM
I wish there was a mod to turn everything all.
All npcs off.
No Mail.
No Fires.
No Crime.
No Work.
Etc.

I just want a single island, with nothing but my sim and a small farm.

Is that too much to ask?!?!?! :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simoleon Real Estate

Yes. Well... according to EA.

Accidental Murder
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Regarding the roads, I don't see why you couldn't add them, at least for service NPCs, and just blend them into the environment. Both Hidden Springs and Lucky Palms have inconspicuous dirt roads leading to the more secluded parts of town. If not for seeing cars driving on them now and then, you'd hardly even know they were there.
Shy loners as NPCs would help to keep things quiet. Maybe a cave-like underground apartment for the NPCs next to a cave-like community lot with lots of activities would keep them occupied and largely out of sight. Hide footpaths with brush or by making that path on a lower elevation, letting them reach an inconspicuous corner of the home lot where the mailbox is placed, and their travels won't be very noticeable. It could be a private island with a slight smuggler problem. Smuggler-free community lots could be set for no visitors.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simoleon Real Estate
I wish there was a mod to turn everything all.
All npcs off.
No Mail.
No Fires.
No Crime.
No Work.
Etc.

Try looking at this site: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...m/222-ts3-mods/

This is where Shimrod's mods are, as of today. Also, while you're there look at Twoftmama's mods. Between the two of them, they cover almost everything, large and small. I'm not certain they can suppress every NPC but I know Shimrod has mods for everything from removing paparazzi to keeping your bars open 23 hours a day. One of them has a no fire mod (I'm pretty sure). I have a feeling that if you look at what is available between the two of them, you're going to get as close as possible to what you're asking for, even if it's not 100%. Also, I've been using Shimrod's Mods forever - I can vouch that his stuff works and I've never had one of his mods cause me any problems. And he gets patch updates to mods uploaded usually before I've even applied the patch.

adc