Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:52 AM
Default Bon Voyage & Castaway
Hi, I'm a new member. :howdy:

There was a short description about castaway on play.com
Have you seen the similarities between castaway and bon voyage?

Stay Alive! Help your Sims meet basic needs to survive.
Explore beaches, caves, lagoons, jungles, and volcanic mountains.
Develop tools, build shelters, craft furniture, create clothing, art and more!
Catch fish, trap animals, grow plants, collect shells, scavenge and decode treasure maps.
Build a life of comfort on the island, or find a way to escape back to civilisation.

I think hidden locations mentioned in BV might be beaches, caves, lagoons, jungles and volcanic mountains. What about the waves on the cover of castaway? Have you noticed?

So I think bon voyage is something similar to castaway. We can get some of the interactions from it, like waves, a real sea, lagoons, caves. What do you think? Wouldn't be wonderful?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:36 PM
I think doing similar features is what EA intended from the start. Its probably why they're doing a vacation EP. I mean, they're gonna be making Castaway Stories, why not make an EP using pretty much the same features. They just copy them all over and it's done. I wouldn't be suprised if both games had the same objects either. EA are becoming lazier.
Inventor
#3 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:44 PM
Heh, people are calling the EP BV. Look at my name, lol.

And EA does not make the games. Maxis does. EA mandated the Sims 2 Stories, though, and that made Maxis go on a very tight schedule. By April 2009, they are expected to have finished releasing all of the Sims 2 EPs and all of the Sims 2 Story games, along with having Spore, their new game out. Not only that, but they also need to have The Sims 3 pretty much mostly completed by then. They aren't lazy, they just don't have the time to do all this. Let's look at how many games they have to make in 22 months.

TS2 Seasons
TS2 Bon Voyage
TS2 EP7
TS2 Life Stories
TS2 Castaway Stories
TS2 Pet Stories
Spore
The Sims 3 (About 50% completed)

That's 7 1/2 games in 22 months. Hell of a lot. Don't blame Maxis for being lazy. Blame EA for trying to capitalize on the Sims market so much that they are working poor Maxis like dogs.

Maxis isn't big. I think they have 200 employees, but I'm not sure. Poor employees.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:44 PM
probably but how much you want to bet that just like with they pets stories all the really cool stuff will be in the stories version and not included in the bon voyage >< man why on earth did they not include the agility objects in pets >< lol sorry of topic there

PS
wasnt maxis sold to EA, therefore EA does make the game?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Inventor
#5 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:45 PM
No. Maxis is the maker. EA is the publisher. EA takes what Maxis made and makes the CDs you buy. So Maxis made the game, and EA made the CDs

Also, there's another game to add to that list of games by April 2009.

SimCity Societies (aka Simcity 5) will come out.

EDIT #2: On June 5, 2007, 1Up.com released an article stating that Tilted Mill Entertainment, creators of Caesar IV, would create SimCity Societies instead of Maxis, which has been creating all preceding titles.[5] Rob Humble, head of the Sims Division at EA, said they had met Tilted Mill at E3. Because the ideas EA/Maxis had were too complicated to fit in their current line-up they asked Tilted Mill to create the game.

They won't be creating SimCity 5 after all.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:24 PM
Don't forget to add several Stuff Packs (I'd say around 2-4. Two between BV and EP7 and perhaps 2+ after EP7?) and the console games, including SimCity DS. Plus all of the unannounced games they (might) have.
Inventor
#7 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:49 AM
Yeah...that's a hell of a lot.

P.S. Please don't call it BV. It's very...meh...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
Maxis isn't big. I think they have 200 employees, but I'm not sure. Poor employees.

that's it? i wonder how many of them we read about from the hundred days popups are still working there. i still remember the first time i got that and was glued to my screen day after day waiting for another one to pop up.

why nothing like that in ts2?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 5:02 AM
The Sims 2 Castaway is only meant for Nintendo DS, Wii and PS2
The Sims Castaway Stories is the laptop friendly game
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage is an EP for The Sims 2

So in effect different games!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
The Sims 2 Castaway is only meant for Nintendo DS, Wii and PS2
The Sims Castaway Stories is the laptop friendly game
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage is an EP for The Sims 2

So in effect different games!

That bothers me. My niece has a wii so she will be happy to hear about this . I just hope all of this turns out better than pets :disgust: