Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#76 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:20 AM
Which tuning ID, in what context?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:27 AM
In S4PE under OBJD, in grid view, it says Name, tuning, then tuning ID. The name is: object_toyHandGENToyBoxDino_01 and the tuning ID is: 0x0000000000009025. Which one do I need to use in the instance line for the XML package to bring the "quality status" back?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#78 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:36 AM
If you want the object to use the original object tuning, you need to put the name and ID of the original tuning in that field.

If you want the object to use your custom object tuning, you need to put the name and ID of your custom tuning in that field.

Since I don't know what your tuning is currently doing with regards to crafting quality, I can't tell you what effect it will have on that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#79 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:47 AM
Right now, my custom tuning still isn't doing anything to determine the quality of the toy :P
I just transferred the tuning differences of the toy to the end table object's tuning, instead of the other way round, seemed easier...I hope. still not sure which number to put in the instance field of the new tuning to make the object "see" it, but I'll try both ways and see what happens.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 1:27 AM Last edited by K9DB : 16th Feb 2016 at 1:58 AM.
OMG!!! It WORKS!! YAAYYYY!!! Took me long enough :P
Ok, ok, test it on a kid....YES! It's still a playable toy too! :D
Craft more...come on, come on...YEAH, the better quality one costs more!
It has an environment score too now though, lol, but I wonder if I should leave that? A handmade toy, adds a bit of environment to the environment right? Not sure this particular one adds much...but it's the thought that counts right?

Could you test it for me too please? Just to be sure I got everything right before I move on and later realize I messed something up and have to redo the whole lot? No hurry, when you have a moment, know you're busy making us all more cool stuff
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#81 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 1:42 AM
Cool! I'm glad everything seems to have worked now (or at least, you're one step closer to the final thing).

Maybe make a post in the Creator Feedback Forum if you want people to test it? More testers can't hurt =)

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#82 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 1:58 AM
Thanks! Ok, will do. Before I do, I just realized the toy is available in the toy category, how do I put it in the debug area instead?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#83 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 2:30 AM
That's the DevCategoryFlags, formerly known as UnkCommon03. See the COBJ/OBJD sticky.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#84 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 9:10 PM Last edited by K9DB : 16th Feb 2016 at 10:33 PM.
Thanks, I see it, but for some reason I can't open the COBJ in grid view

E: Found something with a similar description in Sims 4 Studio, have compared it with a debug object and replaced the number...testing now

E: Nope, must be the wrong number, try again...

E: Well, it's not in debug, but it does appear when you do bb.showhiddenobjects...
Also noticed that the fun, creativity skill etc. descriptions are missing, although they seem to work
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#85 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 10:46 PM
Also just noticed the woodblock my sim is working on disappears during the last bit of carving, so he's sanding and drawing on air...argh, I'm getting tired of this...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#86 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:45 PM
Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by "put it in the debug area". bb.showhiddenobjects is what makes debug objects show up in the catalog; is that not what you wanted?

Re. not being able to open COBJ in grid view: what version are you using?

What "fun, creativity skill etc. descriptions " do you mean, the catalog tooltips? Again please see the sticky. SellingPoints.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#87 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:54 PM
Thanks Plasticbox, that's ok then. I thought debug and show hidden objects wasn't the same thing, but it works, so maybe it's ok...although my recolors are now separate, if I only changed one, the rest would still be in the toys section.
Ah, thanks, I was just thinking that "tooltips" might have something to do with it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 12:25 AM Last edited by K9DB : 17th Feb 2016 at 12:55 AM.
The selling points look the same as any toy, but they're not showing up in the description. I've been looking for the right combination in XML, but no luck so far.
E: Well, the tooltip tags show up on the catalog toy, but not the crafted one, so it's probably the XML that needs a change
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#89 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 1:54 AM
I give up, what numbers do you put in to get the object to be in debug, with the ability to use the recolor tool?
The recolors are ending up separated and I can't use the design tool on the toy anymore after that. I've tried ending them in 80, 81, 90, and A0 or B0 for the first color, I'm just not getting it. 0x80 and 0xA0 make it show up in toys, but with it's recolors available. Other variations put them in debug, but separated.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#90 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 11:55 PM
Sorry, I don't get what you mean by "The recolors are ending up separated". Separated from what? I'd say pick some object that behaves like you want, and take a look at its COBJ.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#91 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 1:49 AM
Hi Plasticbox, each recolor is on it's own in the hidden part of the catalogue, even if I change the numbers to exactly what they are for another recolorable debug object. They aren't all in one (like one object with the recolors to choose from), you can't use the design tool to choose a recolor because they are separated as if each is it's own object with it's own package. I've put it back in the toy section for now.
I'm having trouble with the "tooltips" too actually. I've changed the XML tuning file a million times, but the toys tooltips just won't show up...or...even better, I manage to delete the existing ones as well :P
Do you know which parts in the XML are responsible for the "Fun:6, +Creativity Skill, Children only" tags? The tooltip components aren't lined up next to each other when I compare in this case, so I've been trying to put them directly opposite into the other XML, (although that doesn't make sense) so I've tried adding them to the bottom of the existing tooltips of my altered XML, but I still have it wrong. I must have the wrong lines, or placement or something? Could you take a look please? My XML is the endtable one, I went back to the last one that worked, so it doesn't have the toy tooltips added, just the quality ones. The other one is the unchanged toy XML I've been using to compare.

No rush, need sleeeep now anyway, goodnight!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_00000000000074C2_object_tableEnd_Woodwork.rar (1.6 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000009025_object_toyHandGENToyBoxDino_01.rar (1.2 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#92 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 2:10 AM
The "Fun:6, +Creativity Skill, Children only" stuff that you see in the catalogue is not in the tuning at all. Those are the "SellingPoints", they are in COBJ, like I just said a couple posts ago. Did you ever read the sticky on COBJ/OBJD that I must have pointed you at at least five times in this thread by now?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#93 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
The selling points look the same as any toy, but they're not showing up in the description. I've been looking for the right combination in XML, but no luck so far.
E: Well, the tooltip tags show up on the catalog toy, but not the crafted one, so it's probably the XML that needs a change

Like I would ignore your advice like that No way I would have gotten this far without your help...but...I would be sick of me by now too.

Of course I looked at the sticky back then and compared the selling points. I wrote the above reply after doing so, maybe you missed it?

It has those toy tags in the catalog, which is probably why the "selling points" look the same and I can't change them the way you're saying. They aren't showing up that way on the crafted toy. The only thing I changed (to get the quality and "selling at a higher price") was the XML, so I figure that's the thing I could try to change, since it has "tooltips" too.

Maybe it's not possible and I should leave it before I mess up the functions I "accidentally" managed to add so far. I tested it and it does work as a toy with the fun and skilling, it just doesn't say so in the crafted description. Just wanted to do it as "right" as possible, but maybe I'm being too perfect. And annoying...sorry to keep bugging you :p
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#94 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 12:24 PM
Don't worry, I'm not *really* annoyed =). I think you are admirably persistent. And I like the whole idea, so it's great to see you're making progress!

I'll take a look later to see what is going on with the catalogue text -- but that should be simple to amend, so you can still do that later.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#95 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:58 PM
Thanks Plasticbox, that makes me feel better
I'll look at what else still needs to be done and see if I can make some more progress in the mean time!

If you need my changed XML file, it's actually the "endtable" one above :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#96 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 9:55 PM
YAAAYYY! Managed to turn the recipe override into a custom recipe! It now appears in the sculptures menu along with the knifeblock I was using

Am I ready to create a new "Craft Toy" pie menu now? Looked at the other XML's you were talking about to see what I might have to do, but maybe I should get some steps from you please, before I start at the wrong end?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
YAAAYYY! Managed to turn the recipe override into a custom recipe! It now appears in the sculptures menu along with the knifeblock I was using

Am I ready to create a new "Craft Toy" pie menu now? Looked at the other XML's you were talking about to see what I might have to do, but maybe I should get some steps from you please, before I start at the wrong end?

Sooo, I'm trying to make the new "Craft Toy" pie menu. I edited and linked a whole bunch of XML's, anything that looked like it was related to the sculpture making menu. But...the menu is now completely missing from the woodwork table. Can't interact with the table at all. I edited: S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000009044_object_woodworkTableGEN_01
S4_03E9D964_00000000_0000000000012151_woodworkCategory_Sculpture
S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000002380_woodworkingTable_StartCrafting_Sculpture
S4_E882D22F_00000000_000000000000245E_siCrafting_WoodWorkingTable_CreateSculpture

Am I missing one? Or do you know which one(s) I might have done wrong?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#98 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:08 AM
You would need to either attach your code or a crystal ball for anyone to tell you what is wrong with it.

Pie menu categories need a DATA component, have you seen that? I'd say clone the orginal "Craft Sculpture" pie menu category, export the DATA with the same instance (should be in fb0 or db0 if it has been updated -- check the latter first), and then change the name and display name in both. You need velocitygrass' DATA editor for the latter (see sticky in Tools). I think you also need to put something in that category for it to show up.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#99 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:15 AM Last edited by K9DB : 20th Feb 2016 at 1:41 AM.
[QUOTE=plasticbox]You would need to either attach your code or a crystal ball for anyone to tell you what is wrong with it.

Hehe, sorry, I thought about that, but I was thinking you might know which one you needed to see before I throw them all at you.
Thanks, I'll check the tools sticky for that DATA editor and see what I can do
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#100 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:44 AM
Do you mean clone this one? S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000002380_woodworkingTable_StartCrafting_Sculpture
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Which is the DATA component and how do I export it? I don't see that option?
Page 4 of 6