Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:57 PM
Default How to decompile Python compiled files, how to view them after that- what am I missing?
Hello all,

So my first question, if you can answer this is: I have tried to decompile some python scripts from the game, and from custom mods on MTS. I currently have a working version of Python 3.3.5 and Kitten's Decompile file, along with Scumbobumbo's recent Unnpcy.py (if that's the name) and the other file to go with it in Python's directory. I thought that I might be able to get a look at some already made script mods in Python, to see how the XML was written and everything. However 1. When I run the command import Decompile file in Python, I hit enter and then there is nothing. Just that command which seems to go through, but nothing happens after that. However when I use Kitten's decompiler (located in in the Sims 4 game bin directory) I can decompile the game core simulation files, but I can't access the files in the Python (they just open and close within seconds, sometimes with text but too fast to read.) I also am unable to decompile any custom mod compiled files, and I was wondering if you knew anything about this? I know that if I'd like to get scripting I need to understand how to decompile and compile, as well as the structure of any XML written in Python.

My second would be about blender. where can I find these constraints to put the sims in any certain posture? I have worked with blender, but every time I export an animation from S4S to blender, all that pops up is: http://tinypic.com/r/2nhnwcw/9
The sim is always standing just like that, I can see the properties of the animation to the right but the timeline shows nothing but that pose and those single keyframes. In S4S I just hit Animation>Overide>(chose animation)>export. I am not really sure what I'm missing there, but I do need to brush up on tutorials for blender. (However when watching one it seems their animation loads fine this way, I've tried the clip pack way too and am getting ???)

I will certainly worry about how to convert the file to ASM after I figure out how to use the animation file as a base. For the animation that I want to create, I need the sim to be sitting down at the comupter, so I exported the sim seated watching simtube animation, got nothing in blender. Help, anyone!!!