Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 11:47 PM
Default Animation with Pick up and Drop off behaviors
During a "Study" interaction, I have a Sim pick up an object, gain skill points and place it down. I want to put an animation loop (read Echo's tuts which are great) in during the gain skill point section. I have put in one animation just to test. The coding has the pickup function linked to the animation, then the drop function. The sim does not do the animation, it just picks up the object, you can see the blue skill thing above the head and then the sim immediately puts the object down.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be so? I can upload the package if you need to see it.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:06 AM
Yes, looking at the package would help...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:33 AM
OK and thanks.

It is not really textured or anything, I have some work to do on that.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Paleoanthheartmodel.rar (84.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 4:03 AM
OK, I have tried everything I can think of. Whenever I change something (the drop function after the skill end command or after the standard exit command....) the object just disappears which seems to be a step backward.

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 7:50 AM
Is it just the animation loop that's causing you concerns? The only problems I can see with that part are:
a. You picked a pretty bad animation (the sim does pretty much nothing with this one)
b. You forgot to put the loop in.

I put a loop in, and the sim stands there until the interaction is cancelled, then puts down the object.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Paleoanthheartmodel.zip (91.2 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 10:15 AM
Paleoanth, sorry for the delay... I've downloaded your package as soon as you posted it, and noticed much the same as Echo (the animation is just too short and simple to be correctly shown in between the Pickup and the Drop actions.

I guessed that you actually wanted the sim to perform a full "View" interaction, with all the animations and such, but I neded to find the time to experiment, which led to my delay in replying you -

I've imported the semiglobal View interaction, fixed it a little (stripped off the "Route to painting") and included it in your "Study" interaction. The result is that the sim now picks the object, performs a full "View" animation (which isn't very beautiful to see, because the sim moves the hands too much... ) while "learning", and lastly drops the object.

I've kept the "View" interaction as a separate sub, so you can modify it at will, without touching anymore the "Study" bhav.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Paleoanthheartmodel.rar (81.7 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Paleoanth : 10th Dec 2006 at 4:23 PM.
Thank you both so much! I will download both versions and look at the coding. I actually did have an entire loop set up at one point, but it kept going wonky so I just removed most of it to try and diagnose the problem. Then I got stuck.

What exactly did I do wrong?

Edit: Holy crap Numenor! That entire subfunction is crazy! I want to sign up for classes.